MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically... - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2006, 09:38 PM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

You almost got the sense that the other five Cylon models might have been the first generation of hybrids, and perhaps they weren't created the same? Maybe during their creation, something went awry? Very interesting to think of the possibilities.

And was it just me, or did the beacon on the ship look very similiar to the nuke from last season?

I do have one bone to pick about, though. Lee got in shape very quickly, didn't he?
As if perhaps when they were created, they for some reason just didn't see eye to eye with the other cylon models. Or maybe there was a change in the genetic gene pool (the first 7 models are all made from the same genes). Hopefully Moore & Eick will explain that soon (please lol).

And I always wanted to know, they don't give an exact time lapse in episodes, like during one episode to another did it take place over a few days, or weeks? Because even if there was a week's lapse, I doubt that Lee would've gotten that fit in that short of a time, so perhaps it took place a few weeks after people were being airlocked?

Old 11-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #92
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 09:49 PM
I noticed the time thing too. I assume it's been a couple of months since the tribunals. The only thing about that is that Adama let Tigh and Starbuck go on whining far too long. I doubt they just started.

As for the other 5 models, I wonder if maybe the Cylons don't know who/what they are. Maybe they don't talk about them because it's considered blasphemous, or something of the sort. Improper somehow.

Is Anders done? I want to find out what happened to Mia, but with Jammer out of the picture, I guess we won't. Too much going on, and all of it good.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #93
Refugee

I think probably the thing between Anders and Starbuck is done. Not much of a shame though, I didn't really care for his character much unfortunately.

Maybe the cylons do know about the five other models, it's just probably there's something about them, perhaps a falling out, which makes their status unspeakable. I hope again that they'll explain it more with the future episodes... but it's all so fast going now... next episode's number 7 out of 10.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #94

I thought for a while maybe Jammer was a Cylon. Now, not so sure. Same with Baltar.

Wait, there' s only 10 eps? Then a break and then a few more? I can live with that. But if the whole season is done after 10.....
Old 11-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #95
Refugee

That's what I heard. That this season's only going to be 10 episodes. I don't know if the two parters count as just one episode, or two.

I mean, it's okay I suppose... you really can't be angry, but at the same time, how long did we wait from season 2.5 to the start of 3? About half a year just about compared to the usual 3.

Meh, the episodes this season is so good though, it makes up for the fact that the season's so short.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:39 AM   #96

No, I'm fine with that. I'd rather 10 good episodes then 22 half assed ones. It's more like a British or an HBO format. Quality over quantity. I'm all for it.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

My understanding is that the entire season will go straight through to March, with a few weeks off around the holidays, unlike last year when the season was split in half.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #98
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
No, I'm fine with that. I'd rather 10 good episodes then 22 half assed ones. It's more like a British or an HBO format. Quality over quantity. I'm all for it.
Oh definitely! Season 2.5, even Moore was saying how in rushing the episodes, they've made episodes that were lacking in luster :: coughs :: Black Market :: cough ::

In any case, if they keep making episodes like Season 3's, I don't care how much of a wait I'll have til the next season's start.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

I think Black Market has the dubious distinction of being the weakest of all BSG episodes thus far.

It didn't work at all.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #100

Which ones was that? They only one I didn't like was the one where the terrorists took over Cloud Nine. It seems like that episode was used to get rid of some (not quite) loose ends, such as Billy and Lee and Duala.

And Scar was kinda meh. But I do hope they bring him back. I think that would be cool.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

The one you refer to, where Billy died, was a few episodes after Black Market (and that one wasn't the greatest, either).

Black Market was the one where the temporary commander of Pegasus (the older, fat guy) was killed by black market scum and Lee was ordered to investigate.

It was quite an unnecessary story and the creators have since gone on to say they don't like it, either.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #102

OK, yeah. Vaguely famaliar. One thing I really like is that you just get used to a character (say Fisk from Pegasus for example), you accept his presence and then BAM, they kill him off. I remember thinking Fisk would be around for a bit. He seemed like a cool guy. Nope. Dead.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #103
Refugee

^Yeah, cool and corrupt!

Personally I liked Commander Garner the best. He wasn't that bad, he had his weird quirks though.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #104
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
wow.

I'm speechless about this episode. I need to mull it over some more...
Old 11-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #105

Helo = Awesome. He's one cool motha.