MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically... - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #211
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 11:03 AM
I'm not feeling the love stories they got going on. But the Baltar storyline = I dig it.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Well, it looks like they've wrapped those stories up for the time being, which is good. They could only go so far with it.

The jury episode should be cool, and Tom Zarek returns...

Of course, it skips next week because of the Super Bowl.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #213

Yeah, I saw that it's two weeks away. I'd much rather watch BSG, but cest la vie.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #214
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
I'm not feeling the love stories they got going on. But the Baltar storyline = I dig it.

For awhile (before the mid-season break), I was interested in the whole love story thing... but I think it's played out. How many times can they get Lee and Kara together and then keep them apart? I hope that they don't do too much more of that for awhile.

But I'm seriously loving the Balter/Cylon/torture storyline, they really intrigued me with it and I hope they continue to play it out it the next few episodes. So Baltar's not one of the five... are the final five CHILDREN? I'm still thinking about that scene. And the whole issue of putting Baltar on drugs (and taking away his free will) was a difficult issue.

Bring on the trial!

While I'm pretty much over the love story, I have to give big props to the editors this week. I thought it was absolutely masterful cutting between the two storylines. Very complementary and very tension building.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:21 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think the Final Five are children. They appeared to be the same height as her as far as I could tell.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:36 PM   #216
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
So what was going on in Baltar's vision when all those children were around him?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:53 PM   #217
Refugee

Thank gods this time they redeemed themselves. I LOVED this episode. I have to say, the writers and producers and whomeverthefrak had a hand in the ep really know what they did.

And the fact that there wasn't a lot of subplots made it so much better, that we could concentrate on the plot at hand, and not have our attentions diverted to other things.

I love the Baltar line... and Uber, I think that was the plot "spoiler" that my bf was talking about, with Baltar showing up in the resurrection pod. I was somewhat surprised, but more 'd when the Sixes started ripping his skin... that was wow...

All in all, the whole ep... WOW. Talk about redemption. I am a bit peeved about the Superbowl threatening BSG's ratings that they have to postpone the ep until two weeks later, but I'm willing to wait... if they keep churning eps like Sunday nights...

By the by, did anyone get to see the extended version of the bonus scene? As usual I'm too late for the party.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

I did see the bonus scene, which was a brief exchange between Roslin and Caprica. It was just Roslin asking for information. It was rather quick and didn't really add anything to the story.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sevikins
I am a bit peeved about the Superbowl threatening BSG's ratings that they have to postpone the ep until two weeks later, but I'm willing to wait... if they keep churning eps like Sunday nights...
Every show does that, though. It's pointless going up against the Super Bowl - it's the only thing people watch that night. I doubt even a show like Desperate Housewives will be on.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #220

Hey party people. Redhotswami mentioned in another thread that she has X-Files action figures and she could make a movie with them How do you feel about this plot? I posted it in the other thread, but since I don't think there's any BSG fans in there they probably don't know what I was going on about. Anyway:

DO. IT. I think midway through the Death Star should come into view, turns out Mulder and Scully are really brother/sister, Cancer Man is Darth Vader's father (dude had the midochlorians to be that bad ass) and the Well Manicured Man is in league with Palapatine. Gob Bluth needs to command a Battlestar, maybe the Galactica? No, a different one, one thought lost in the Klingon Invasion of '79. Turns out Picard stole the cloaking device, snuck it to the Lone Gunman who in turn smuggled it on board the Battlestar Truth. In fact - and here's the fucking twist that will tie everything together - the phrase "The Truth is Out There" was meant to be taken literally. The Thruth is the Battlestar that can save humanity from the deadly bees we see in the movie - but it can't move because (DUN DUN DUN DUUUN) - It RAN OUT OF BLACK OIL! So we load Krychek, who's a Cylon, with black oil, teleport him to the Galatica, BAM, we're all saved. Oh, man, this is gonna rock. We NEED to work Boba Fett in there. This will suck without Fett.

OH - and just when it looks lost, cause it turns out Gob Bluth is really working for the Lgion of Doom who shows up? Yup. Buck Fucking Rogers. BAM. Get on that.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #221
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
Hey party people. Redhotswami mentioned in another thread that she has X-Files action figures and she could make a movie with them How do you feel about this plot? I posted it in the other thread, but since I don't think there's any BSG fans in there they probably don't know what I was going on about. Anyway:

DO. IT. I think midway through the Death Star should come into view, turns out Mulder and Scully are really brother/sister, Cancer Man is Darth Vader's father (dude had the midochlorians to be that bad ass) and the Well Manicured Man is in league with Palapatine. Gob Bluth needs to command a Battlestar, maybe the Galactica? No, a different one, one thought lost in the Klingon Invasion of '79. Turns out Picard stole the cloaking device, snuck it to the Lone Gunman who in turn smuggled it on board the Battlestar Truth. In fact - and here's the fucking twist that will tie everything together - the phrase "The Truth is Out There" was meant to be taken literally. The Thruth is the Battlestar that can save humanity from the deadly bees we see in the movie - but it can't move because (DUN DUN DUN DUUUN) - It RAN OUT OF BLACK OIL! So we load Krychek, who's a Cylon, with black oil, teleport him to the Galatica, BAM, we're all saved. Oh, man, this is gonna rock. We NEED to work Boba Fett in there. This will suck without Fett.

OH - and just when it looks lost, cause it turns out Gob Bluth is really working for the Lgion of Doom who shows up? Yup. Buck Fucking Rogers. BAM. Get on that.
I like it, but it needs Dwight Schrute, some of this:

Old 01-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #222
ONE
love, blood, life

Just dropping in on this thread. Did Major Kira and Odo hook up yet?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:56 PM   #223
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Every show does that, though. It's pointless going up against the Super Bowl - it's the only thing people watch that night. I doubt even a show like Desperate Housewives will be on.
Well I know it's ratings suicide to go up against something big like the superbowl when I said all that before... I just personally dislike football. I wish that my shows wouldn't be disrupted so everyone could watch a bunch of men tackle each other for a ball.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Just dropping in on this thread. Did Major Kira and Odo hook up yet?
They were just about to but Kirk showed up and totally laid down a cock block on Odo. Odo was PISSED, boy! I tell ya. He shape shifted into a dildo and violated Kirk while Kirk was freaking Kira. It was crazy. But turns out, Kirk liked it. And so did Odo. And perhaps most surprising, so did Kira. So the three of them live happily in Montana, raising sheep.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

You have one twisted mind, Beav.