MERGED-->Napoleon Dynamite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a full-house on Xmas Eve...all the teens and e-20's were watching it in the family room (tri-level home)...all of the little ones, 3-6- were watching the movie through the stairway railing! it was an awesome sight and yes, I've heard the movie is very good! :up:

We just watched it the other night - I think Kip was actually my favorite character.

One thing keeps nagging me though - is this supposed to be set in the 80's or did their hair/makeup for the extras just suck? It might have passed for early-mid 80's, but it's kind of odd that Kip would be so into chat rooms at that point. The high school kids looked pretty average (for how I would expect Idahoans to dress) until the dance - the 80's dresses were definitely out then - but the hair didn't match! Deb's fit for it, but not really any of the other kids. Any one know for sure the era this is supposed to be?

Oh, and what about playing the Backstreet Boys after the chick's speech? Another thing to say it is a more modern time? :scream:

aaah! omg i friggin LOVE this movie.

it's pretty much one of my favorite movies by now...

sweet.

and yes the movie is set in present day. you can see at the beginning of the movie - the credits when it shows the guy who plays napoleon dynamite - his name is on a student card, it says 2004/2005 for the school year.

bonosloveslave said:
We just watched it the other night - I think Kip was actually my favorite character.

One thing keeps nagging me though - is this supposed to be set in the 80's or did their hair/makeup for the extras just suck? It might have passed for early-mid 80's, but it's kind of odd that Kip would be so into chat rooms at that point. The high school kids looked pretty average (for how I would expect Idahoans to dress) until the dance - the 80's dresses were definitely out then - but the hair didn't match! Deb's fit for it, but not really any of the other kids. Any one know for sure the era this is supposed to be?

Oh, and what about playing the Backstreet Boys after the chick's speech? Another thing to say it is a more modern time? :scream:

If you live in Idaho,
you live in a time warp.

gosssh
idiot:wink:

btw Kip stole my ol gf:angry::sexywink:

db9

This movie is great! It's not for everybody but it is GREAT! I find myself thinking about it and giggling to myself several times a day.

"What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?"
"Whatever I feel like doing—GOSH!"

I finally saw this movie recently...OMG...:lmao: :heart: It made me hungry for tator tots...I had to run and make some. :laugh:

Napoleon is one of my favorite movie characters ever. :heart:

napoleon_dynamite.gif

aaah!! omg thank you for posting that bonochick

and i totally agree, napoleon is one of my favorite movie characters ever too.

Back
Top Bottom