MERGED-->Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm guessing you mean Absolution?

I'd say go for it, I've thoroughly enjoyed it :up:

Muse is very, very good. Absolution is their best and most cohesive album, but they're all pretty good. Sometimes there's a bit of repetitiveness with their older stuff, but they're growing out of that, it seems.

I'm seeing 'em live on the 27th!

Muse is one of my favorite bands, great musicians, great live band. Go for absolution, i don't know what kind of music you're into (besides U2 that is) but i think you will enjoy Absolution nevertheless!

gorman said:
Muse is very, very good. Absolution is their best and most cohesive album, but they're all pretty good. Sometimes there's a bit of repetitiveness with their older stuff, but they're growing out of that, it seems.

I'm seeing 'em live on the 27th!

Agreed my fellow modblogger.....

:wink:

muse are excellent live. I seen them playing with the hives and the revs in dublin about 2 or 3 (time flies :slant: ) years ago now.

i love citizen erased from their origin of symmetry album. it's probably my favourite song by them.

definately get absolution...really good album

seen them opening for the cure this summer. missed them a few weeks ago but went and got my cd signed at the record signing early that day.

I saw these guys in Detroit last weekend. Excellent, excellent show! The best I've seen since our Irish boys.

They're going through the U.S. this fall. If you get the chance, it's worth it. They've been playing small venues, and it makes for a great concert.

Glad you'll be picking it up, martha. Absolution is a great album. Everyone I know who owns it, loves it. :up:

i am seeing them on the 27th as well

:combust:

though they are a bunch of sellouts these days

last time i paid $1.05 to see them, now i gotta shell out close to 20 bucks

I only have Showbiz.

Is Absolution a significant improvement on that?

Chizip said:
i am seeing them on the 27th as well

:combust:

though they are a bunch of sellouts these days

last time i paid $1.05 to see them, now i gotta shell out close to 20 bucks

Ahh, you were at the Pageant too? That was a damn good show. The only annoying part was that people were trying to crowd their way onto the floor, but it was entirely full. The energy of the show was insane though. I would say they are second only to U2 in terms of putting on a show. Matt Bellamy is one hell of a musician. He's not just talented, but very inventive too. I was extremely impressed.

The thing that I see keeping Muse from becoming a supergroup is that there's sort of a lack of variety in their music. Don't get me wrong, I like the majority of their songs, but I actually have a problem telling some of them apart at times. If they can incorporate different styles, then there is really nothing stopping them.

It amazes me that Matt Bellamy is able to sing like that night after night.

ZeroDude said:
How good a guitarist is Matt Bellamy?

Bloody excellent
He's up there with the edge and john fruciante(RHCP) although he is quite modest about his skills. He is clearly influenced by tom morrello (RATM).
(sorry if that was a rhotorical statement)

I saw them at glastonbury this year. and they were nothing short of phemonimal. Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome are my favorates

how big are muse in the states?

i downloaded the dvd of that glastonbury show, one of the most amazing shows ive ever seen, i am damn jealous you were at it

his guitar playing is amazing, especially live, i am in awe of him

they arent that big at all in the states, earlier this summer i saw them in a small club for $1.05

lets hope they can play this set of gigs without incident
(e.g matt tearing his mouth open, doms dad dying after glastonbury rip, chris breaking his hand etc)

These guys are brilliant

The quote that Absolution has changed your life, I know what you mean, no-one other than U2 has made me feel this way about music

By the way, live, unbelievable!!! Imagine them warming up for u2 next year - now thats one gig that could beat Slane and Red Hot Cilli's.

If you have the opportunity to see them soon, bite that hand off the ticket seller!

Back
Top Bottom