MERGED-->Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, I was going to give them candy! :wink:

and the muse show is also quite good.

:drool:

hey bollox be sure to come give a review after the show, and let us know if they play any new songs :up:

the raleigh, nc show was kickass!! here's the setlist from microcuts.net for anyone interested:

*** SETLIST SPOILER ***

Dracula Mountain (Cover)
Hysteria
The Small Print
New D (Easy Tiger) *new song
New Born
Sunburn
Ruled By Secrecy
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Thoughts of a dying atheist
The other new one *new song (duh)
Time is Running Out
Plug in Baby
Bliss (long version)

Apocalypse Please
Stockholm Syndrome

*** END SPOILER ***

the two new songs sound promising. the first one somewhat reminded me of stuff from origin of symmetry, with quiet & loud parts. i liked the second new song better, it started with droning bass & drums that slowly built up to full on rocking.

my only qualm was that aside from the new songs, the set was almost identical to when i saw them last november. i'm seeing them again tonite, so hopefully they'll vary things a little.

btw chizip, are you going to the st. louis show? one of my friends is going to that show :)

yeah, im going to the st louis show, i cant wait

last summer they played a small club in st louis for $1.50, now that was amazing

ok so i had front row center for their latest concert in st louis and it was amazing

matt bellamy was on his knees going nuts on his guitar literally 6 inches away from my hands

it was incredible

Chizip said:
ok so i had front row center for their latest concert in st louis and it was amazing

matt bellamy was on his knees going nuts on his guitar literally 6 inches away from my hands

it was incredible

Wow. I would love to see them.

ok well if you are a fan of muse and havent seen them live, i suggest you take a look at these clips. i ripped 2 songs from a dvd i downloaded of glastonbury festival last year, and they put on a hell of a show

this is butterflies and hurricanes, a song that shows matt bellamys multi instrumental skills

http://s38.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2T1QM4YKALWL93H1OH9I1DNX0Z

and this is the show closer, stockholm syndrome, what a way to close a show :drool:

http://s44.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HI61WMPKOSY22E9VOMQZR25LL

*warning, these files are big so you better have a fast internet connection*

when i watch this dvd i cant believe i saw these guys, front row and center, just a couple feet away

matt bellamy is my musical hero, no offense to any members of u2, but if i were to be a musician, this is the guy id want to be

Last edited:
Chizip said:
matt bellamy is my musical hero, no offense to any members of u2, but if i were to be a musician, this is the guy id want to be

I didn't download the clips since I also have the concert on DVD (such a fucking incredible show... the jam at the end gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it), but I definitely agree with you. :up:

I was in the front row directly in front of Matt at my first Muse concert last December. That was mindblowing. :drool:

I wish they were coming to the west coast for the MTVu tour. All you midwest/east coast people are so lucky. :sigh:

Chizip said:
ok well if you are a fan of muse and havent seen them live, i suggest you take a look at these clips. i ripped 2 songs from a dvd i downloaded of glastonbury festival last year, and they put on a hell of a show

this is butterflies and hurricanes, a song that shows matt bellamys multi instrumental skills

http://s38.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2T1QM4YKALWL93H1OH9I1DNX0Z

and this is the show closer, stockholm syndrome, what a way to close a show :drool:

http://s44.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HI61WMPKOSY22E9VOMQZR25LL

I have this DVD too: this is the best DVD I have, along with U2 @ Slaine. If anyone has any U2 DVDs that I don't and want a copy, I'd be willing to trade.

Chizip said:
ok well if you are a fan of muse and havent seen them live, i suggest you take a look at these clips.

:ohmy: :drool:

That just confirmed my suspicion that Matt Bellamy is the love child of Freddie Mercury and Thom Yorke. Thanks, Chip--that made my day. I've been listening to Absolution non-stop but now I see I need to go to the store. Which one should I get next? I wish they were coming near me. :mad:

joyfulgirl said:

Which one should I get next?

Origin of Symmetry. It's never been released in the US, but it's worth the slightly more expensive price. Extremely solid, it's a toss up as to which I like more between it and Absolution. Critics all seem to like Origin the most.

As for their first album, Showbiz, it is very spotty. It has some fantastic songs and some far from fantastic songs. No wonder why their follow up was never released here in the US, there was no trust after that first one.

u2popmofo said:

Origin of Symmetry. It's never been released in the US, but it's worth the slightly more expensive price. Extremely solid, it's a toss up as to which I like more between it and Absolution. Critics all seem to like Origin the most.

As for their first album, Showbiz, it is very spotty. It has some fantastic songs and some far from fantastic songs. No wonder why their follow up was never released here in the US, there was no trust after that first one.

I didn't really like Showbiz at first either, aside from Muscle Museum & Sunburn it all seemed, as you say 'spotty'. However, it has grown on me more than any other album I've ever owned as far as I can remember, in particular; Cave, Showbiz, Unintended and Overdue. I guess Origin of Symmetry is the better album though, and has possibly the best album title ever, although I'm a bit sick of New Born and Plug-In Baby but then they probably haven't been played to death on the radio over there.

How's that for a ramble?

Saw them at Umass - just get ready for a lot of college kids who have no clue of muse's catalog and definitely don't know razorlight. I'm not putting college kids down, as I'm not that many years out of college. Its just at the show I was at, maybe 300 kids came out, half of them wasted, not caring about the show, and just wanted to crowd surf, and only screamed during Time is running out. It made me upset, especially after seeing how they control a crow in the UK. They played great, but didnt seem into the show at all. They even cut the set short. I hope you get a good show though. They are a brilliant band.

RA-D said:
http://s21.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ACAV5A6G23W229BNRK6VAKLLP

for one night only, this is the Glastonbury show in mp3.

THANK YOU!! RA-D, you are a legend!

if anyone is interested in hearing mp3s of the new songs, you can get them off of microcuts (just scroll down the page some)

Muse was tight and precise Wednesday night, didn't miss a beat. The set seemed awfully short and they had no crowd interaction whatsoever, but it was still a great show. Surprised to see they stayed mostly with older stuff with only a few cuts from Absolution.

I lined up outside at 3:30, me and my group were the first ones there. We were lined up at the doors they let hard ticket holders in through on the side of the building. Sure enough 7 o'clock rolls around and they say "for this show we're only opening the front doors". So my long wait was worthless, as I ended up in the middle without a very good view.

Whatever though, still a great show. People only knew the Absolution stuff though. Bliss, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased, and Stockholm Syndrome were marvelous.

I just picked up Origin of Symmetry yesterday. I'll listen to it today on my road trip to Denver to see The Boss.

I have no words for the concert... So here's the setlist:

Take A Bow
Hysteria
Map Of The Problematique
Butterflies & Hurricanes
New Born
City Of Delusion
Plug In Baby
Forced In
Bliss
Apocalypse Please
Hoodoo
Invincible
Supermassive Black Hole
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
Stockholm Syndrome

Citizen Erased
Muscle Museum
Knights Of Cydonia

I think it hardly could get any better than this...

Back
Top Bottom