MERGED --> Move on/Vote For Change Tour last night! + Vote for Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
Move on Tour last night!

Went to the move on tour in philly last night . One of the best concerts ive seen. REM and Springsteen, then REM with springsteen john fogerty was there as well with the E street band. they all played together at the end. Really a great concert to see

i saw a really great show last night, too :up: kind of related....punkvoter.org-related is pretty similar, smaller names, punk rather than mainstream rock...but still insanely cool.

Wow, you guys are getting some great shows. We don't get them here. Just out of curiosity, how long did Bruce play for? Is he still playing 3 1/2 shows?

Well he didnt play as long as usual because there were 3 acts bright eyes, rem and bruce. bruce played a good 1hr 45 mins or 2 hrs. but fogerty joined him for some ccr classics the the encore they all came out and did the elvis costello song peace love and understanding (i think thats the name) and power to the people. lots of energy as always with bruce. rem also was very good.

I had never heard him before last night. It was....ok. he plyed i think 5 songs. different style. i guess its tuff opening before rem and springsteen. although the majority was good and there wasn't much "bruuuceing" as bruce himself had requested before the show.

Well im not 18 yet (17 and will miss the election by 20 days) but there is nothing to check age or anything at the event. i dont know where you heard that. i went with a friend who was 18 and another who is 17 also.

Bright Eyes was also very impressive...and Conor Oberst has become my newest indie rocker crush :sexywink:

But what can I say??? Last night was fucking AWESOME!!!!!! Everyone put on phenomenal shows...we didn't get out of there until about 12:30 a.m. One of my favorite moments was Bruce joining REM for Man on the Moon :combust: John Fogerty was great....came out and did Centerfield, then Fortunate Son with the E Street Band. Oh yes, everyone did Bad Moon Rising as well.
And then Conor, REM, and Boss and Company joining forces for (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding???? Right now I cannot explain how wonderful it was...as well as the sheer power of Born to Run. Rock and roll does not get any better than this, guys.

Have fun tonight April!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

i saw the thing about having to be 18 on john mellencamps website in the news section talking about the vote for change tour. oh well they're not coming near me anyway!

OH! And how could I have forgotten Michael and Bruce together on Because the Night???

:bow:

03 Oct 2004 - Detroit concert
Bad day;Man on moon;StarS.Banner;BitUsa;Badlands;No surrender;Ties that bind;Darkness;Johnny99;Youngstown;Centerfield;Deja vu;Fortunate son;Promised land;Rising;Because t.night;Marys place;Born to run;Travelin band;Peace,love&unders.;People have the power

This is what i found on a website. Did the E Street Band back REM on Bad Day or did Bruce join them there, too? Just curious, it's listed that way for the other dates too

:drool: I went to the Cleveland show Saturday night. It was awesome and I must agree "Becuase the Night" was a highlight!

Stipe and Springsteen, who would have thought they'd make such an awesome duo!

Great show! Awesome night of music :wink:

If my recall is correct < but it may not be had many crown royals & hard lemonades> I do think Bruce and the E street Band were playing with R.E.M. on Bad Day. There was lots of jamming between bands and that was way kewl! :applaud: :up:

I went to Detroit last night and it was INCREDIBLE. I actually just wrote about it in my journal but I have to say that it was totally worth the lack of sleep both Saturday and Sunday night to make it there and back.

BROOOOOCE RULES!!

spinninghead77 said:
I went to Detroit last night and it was INCREDIBLE. I actually just wrote about it in my journal but I have to say that it was totally worth the lack of sleep both Saturday and Sunday night to make it there and back.

BROOOOOCE RULES!!

You were in Detroit last night, spinny? Damn, we could have met up or something... :( I'm guessing that Brady was with you, right? Being the huge Bruce fan and all, lol.

For April

Yes. Brady and the Steve, the ex Mr. Mrs. Edge. I was hoping to get in touch with you so we could meet up but you didn't reply to my message in your journal. I think you missed it when you were in NYC.

The good news is though that now that we know how close it is we will likely be going to more concerts in Detroit, and you have NO excuse for not coming to ITH.

Re: For April

spinninghead77 said:
Yes. Brady and the Steve, the ex Mr. Mrs. Edge. I was hoping to get in touch with you so we could meet up but you didn't reply to my message in your journal. I think you missed it when you were in NYC.

The good news is though that now that we know how close it is we will likely be going to more concerts in Detroit, and you have NO excuse for not coming to ITH.

I just looked at my journal and saw where you had commented. I never checked back after I posted that entry. :banghead: But yes, there are plenty more concerts in Detroit to be attended!

I'm moving into my own place at the beginning of Nov., but if I can swing it, I'll definitely be in TO! :happy: It was such a blast last year!

I saw the Pearl Jam/Death Cab for Cutie show in Toledo on Saturday. . . equally awesome :drool:

I never heard Death Cab for Cutie before, but their music was really pretty. . .and actually was the first time I'd seen Pearl Jam even though I've liked them for quite a few years.

At the end they announced a special guest had come to see us: Neil Young! Pearl Jam and he played a rockin' awesome version of ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER. By the end of the rather long show the entire audience was on its feet. It was incredible.

Seeing Pearl Jam :up:

Seeing Neil Young AND Pearl Jam :up: :up:

Being with all these smart politically active cool people! :up: :up: :up:

I'm a HUGE R.E.M. fan but not really into Bruce so I'm gonna see R.E.M. during their regular tour in . . . lemme see . . .16 days :D

Power to the people!

I went to the Bright Eyes/R.E.M./John Fogarty/Bruce Springsteen show in St. Paul last night. Right when I was pulling up to the hotel I was staying at to check in, I heard on the radio that Neil Young was spotted at soundcheck!! :ohmy: As if I wasn't excited enough already.

I had zero expectations for Bright Eyes, but I was really, really impressed. R.E.M. and Bruce were great, just as I expected. For me the highlight of the evening was everyone jamming on "Rocking in the Free World." :drool: My hands are callused today from clapping too hard. I'll try to write something more coherent in my journal later.

Bono's shades said:
I went to the Bright Eyes/R.E.M./John Fogarty/Bruce Springsteen show in St. Paul last night. Right when I was pulling up to the hotel I was staying at to check in, I heard on the radio that Neil Young was spotted at soundcheck!! :ohmy: As if I wasn't excited enough already.

I had zero expectations for Bright Eyes, but I was really, really impressed. R.E.M. and Bruce were great, just as I expected. For me the highlight of the evening was everyone jamming on "Rocking in the Free World." :drool: My hands are callused today from clapping too hard. I'll try to write something more coherent in my journal later.

awesome.... neil young too.........! on monday the concert in DC with everyone is going to be on the Sundance Channel. Id ont get it but i have someone taping it for me. Quick thought though....Isnt Neil Young form Canada? O well he will only help the cause.

Cleveland was just the best! It was awe-inspiring(?) to hear Fogerty sing Fortunate Son. Ditto to all of your comments. I'd have loved to see Neil - wow!.

I took my son, 13, to his first concert. He really likes Bruce and had heard a few REM songs. REM really surprised him and he loved Bright Eyes. We were lucky enough to get in the pit and by the time Bruce came on we were 3 ft from the stage.:drool:

To quote : "Mom, no one will understand how awesome that was"

Regardless of your politics it is a killer show.

ps - I met a guy from Boston that could have been Dreadsox :ohmy: (in theory)

Back
Top Bottom