MERGED --> Move on/Vote For Change Tour last night! + Vote for Change - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2004, 05:55 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 05:33 AM
I just got home and the show is being broadcast one of my cable radio stations. Adult alternative (918 Cox Cable) - Sounds like Bruce is singing with REM. Wish I had known, I would have recorded it.

Old 10-11-2004, 08:17 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Eliv8
I just got home and the show is being broadcast one of my cable radio stations. Adult alternative (918 Cox Cable) - Sounds like Bruce is singing with REM. Wish I had known, I would have recorded it.
They might replay it. I have Music Choice, and I got a message saying they are replaying the whole thing at 12 a.m. EST/11 p.m. CST. I plan to tape it.

Old 10-11-2004, 08:51 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Wow. Awesome performances. REM, Pearl Jam and Springsteen all on the same stage . Michael Stipe I think "Begin the Begin" was my favorite song of the night.

I kept looking for DiGi.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:20 PM   #49
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

I kept looking for DiGi.

I was too high up to spot. Show was amazing. What can you say about Bruce....I had never seen REM before. What a treat.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:02 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

My tape ran out right after DMB's first song (Don't Drink the Water) although I got home from dinner right as Springsteen was beginning so DMB was the only thing I missed. What else did DMB play?

Stipe in his white suit was incredible. I had not seen REM perform since he became a real rock star (even in the late 80s when I saw them at MSG he didn't act like the rock star he is now). He wears it well.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:23 AM   #51
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:33 AM
My lil review

What a show!!!!!!!!!!! Mellencamp was terrifically fun and Pink Houses was an obvious and perfect choice. Bonnie Raitt's voice was a knockout--she kept having to back off her mic! LOL. Keb Mo like *defined* cool. I surprised myself by enjoying Jurrasic 5 a lot. Hardly Public Enemy or Run DMC but I liked em. Fun groove with a couple of Bob Marley lines thrown in ("stand up for your rights...."). James Taylor was good, and the Dixie Chicks! Wow. Say what you will about Ms. Little Texas Spitfire but DAMN does that girl a have a voice!! So powerful. And they sounded lovely with Mr. Taylor's songs. Enjoyed JT (as Eddie Vedder called him) getting in that line about not "changing horses midstream". He said something like, if you're horse is in over it's head....

DMB put me to sleep. Yes, I was tired by that point but still. LOL. I try to like him, I do. He bores me.

What can I say about Pearl Jam? Amazing! Dark and powerful and angry. EV looks like a Darkness era Bruce. He's so intense.

REM was, other than Bruce, the highlight. I loved hearing him sing with Bruce. Got a chuckle out of the fact that Michael Stipe, who is a DOLL, did that same little bow to Bruce that Bono does. Because the Night was terrific! REM's whole set sounded great, and I still have Man on the Moon in my head. Loved Bruce doing the Elvis part of that song "hey baby are ya having fun?" Stipe has a lovely poingant voice.

And then, Bruce. Guess who brought the house down! The set was very familar to Bruce junkies, but that's okay. The baptist preach schtick helped him inject some humor into the "why it's dumb to vote for Bush." Bruce had the line of the night to swing voters: "It's Oct 11. What the hell are you waiting for? If you mislead a nation in to war, you lose your job. It ain't rocketscience!" Said in preecher voice. Made it fun for the TV folks at home whom he was addressing. He can play me Born to Run and Badlands anytime.

Really enjoyed the finale with everyone out, too. That was something I'll never ever see again! Fogerty's "Fortunate Son" was entirely apropos and angry and great. Stipe was wearing a shirt that said "shout" (I think that's what it said) and he kept jogging around the stage and he'd point to his shirt and the appropriate section would go nuts. Very fun. LOL. "The People Have the Power" was a great note to end on. Here here!

SD
Old 10-12-2004, 08:58 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

I agree, Michael Stipe is a doll On the web cast they had a backstage thing at Philly where he talked about how nervous he was to sing w/ Bruce. In the dressing room Mills and Buck were going through Born To Run, and Michael started to sing it. That was so sweet..also he told them to "keep clean" the copy of their new CD he was going to give to Bruce.

They showed him giving the CD to Bruce and he was like a shy teenager or something

Anyway I enjoyed the web cast, but I couldn't stay awake for all of Bruce because it went so late..
Old 10-12-2004, 09:01 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

I was kinda bored with Bruce. It was all about R.E.M. for me.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:50 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 PM
Since they showed the finale of the tour on Sundance (which i don't get ) do y'all think it'll be on DVD?
Old 10-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, it's got DVD Christmas release written all over it (unless they put it out before the election). Sundance showed it live and then reran it immediately afterwards but it's not on the schedule right now for any more reruns so I'm guessing a DVD is in the works.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:20 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I agree, Michael Stipe is a doll On the web cast they had a backstage thing at Philly where he talked about how nervous he was to sing w/ Bruce. In the dressing room Mills and Buck were going through Born To Run, and Michael started to sing it. That was so sweet..also he told them to "keep clean" the copy of their new CD he was going to give to Bruce.

They showed him giving the CD to Bruce and he was like a shy teenager or something

I wish I could have watched the Web cast, but I swear, my computer hates me these days. Every time I try to watch any kind of video content it won't let me - and I have broadband!

I have to content myself with my tape of the audio-only broadcast over Much Music. I've been listening to it all evening. "Because the Night" rocked my socks off!

I'm disappointed Neil Young didn't show up - just imagine Bruce, Eddie Vedder and Young on "Rocking in the Free World." Maybe it's just as well - the excitement probably would have killed me.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:57 PM   #57
The Fly

I was with DiGi the other night in DC - high up but REM really impressed me - and of course Bruce Springsteen is the best thing since sliced bread...
Fortunate Son with John Fogerty was AWESOME - Peace Love and Understanding, and For What its Worth were very memorable too. Michael Stipe and Bruce had great energy. Pearl Jam was a huge disappointment in the selection of songs they played...political, yes- however they didn't really play anything to get the crowd going.
Dave Matthews Band played a very cool set.

What a great concert!

PS
Bruce's speech during Mary's Place was hilarious/awesome.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:01 PM   #58
The Fly

Quote:
wha-wha-WHAT!?

I thought Bruce was incredible!!... better than the first time I saw him too. REM was GREAT though - I will give you that.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:35 PM   #59
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Since they showed the finale of the tour on Sundance (which i don't get ) do y'all think it'll be on DVD?
Thats what I was thinking. Especially how everything seems to make its way to DVD now. I would be one worth picking up.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #60
Refugee

Quote:
With all respect of your opinion. I dont see how an artist with the energy of Bruce and the band can bore you.

Tags
vote for change, vote for change tour