MERGED --> Move on/Vote For Change Tour last night! + Vote for Change - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2004, 05:58 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:20 PM
why won't bruce go to jersey? whoopsie this ain't FYM... moooooovin' right along...

Old 10-03-2004, 09:14 PM   #17
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 06:20 PM
OH! And how could I have forgotten Michael and Bruce together on Because the Night???

Old 10-03-2004, 10:45 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

**Runs off to find a setlist

THen beg for bootlegs...
Old 10-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

03 Oct 2004 - Detroit concert
Bad day;Man on moon;StarS.Banner;BitUsa;Badlands;No surrender;Ties that bind;Darkness;Johnny99;Youngstown;Centerfield;Deja vu;Fortunate son;Promised land;Rising;Because t.night;Marys place;Born to run;Travelin band;Peace,love&unders.;People have the power

This is what i found on a website. Did the E Street Band back REM on Bad Day or did Bruce join them there, too? Just curious, it's listed that way for the other dates too
Old 10-04-2004, 07:45 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~
OH! And how could I have forgotten Michael and Bruce together on Because the Night???

That was definitely a worthy moment.

Awesome show. AWESOME.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:37 AM   #21
The Fly

Location: Erie, Pa. USA a place that has to be believed to be seen
I went to the Cleveland show Saturday night. It was awesome and I must agree "Becuase the Night" was a highlight!

Stipe and Springsteen, who would have thought they'd make such an awesome duo!

Great show! Awesome night of music

If my recall is correct < but it may not be had many crown royals & hard lemonades> I do think Bruce and the E street Band were playing with R.E.M. on Bad Day. There was lots of jamming between bands and that was way kewl!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:27 AM   #22
Refugee

I went to Detroit last night and it was INCREDIBLE. I actually just wrote about it in my journal but I have to say that it was totally worth the lack of sleep both Saturday and Sunday night to make it there and back.

BROOOOOCE RULES!!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:50 AM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by spinninghead77
I went to Detroit last night and it was INCREDIBLE. I actually just wrote about it in my journal but I have to say that it was totally worth the lack of sleep both Saturday and Sunday night to make it there and back.

BROOOOOCE RULES!!

You were in Detroit last night, spinny? Damn, we could have met up or something... I'm guessing that Brady was with you, right? Being the huge Bruce fan and all, lol.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #24
Refugee

For April

Yes. Brady and the Steve, the ex Mr. Mrs. Edge. I was hoping to get in touch with you so we could meet up but you didn't reply to my message in your journal. I think you missed it when you were in NYC.

The good news is though that now that we know how close it is we will likely be going to more concerts in Detroit, and you have NO excuse for not coming to ITH.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:08 PM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~

yes that was awesome in philly as well
Old 10-04-2004, 05:15 PM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: For April

Quote:
Originally posted by spinninghead77
Yes. Brady and the Steve, the ex Mr. Mrs. Edge. I was hoping to get in touch with you so we could meet up but you didn't reply to my message in your journal. I think you missed it when you were in NYC.

The good news is though that now that we know how close it is we will likely be going to more concerts in Detroit, and you have NO excuse for not coming to ITH.

I just looked at my journal and saw where you had commented. I never checked back after I posted that entry. But yes, there are plenty more concerts in Detroit to be attended!

I'm moving into my own place at the beginning of Nov., but if I can swing it, I'll definitely be in TO! It was such a blast last year!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:45 PM   #27
The Fly

I saw the Pearl Jam/Death Cab for Cutie show in Toledo on Saturday. . . equally awesome

I never heard Death Cab for Cutie before, but their music was really pretty. . .and actually was the first time I'd seen Pearl Jam even though I've liked them for quite a few years.

At the end they announced a special guest had come to see us: Neil Young! Pearl Jam and he played a rockin' awesome version of ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER. By the end of the rather long show the entire audience was on its feet. It was incredible.

Seeing Pearl Jam

Seeing Neil Young AND Pearl Jam

Being with all these smart politically active cool people!

I'm a HUGE R.E.M. fan but not really into Bruce so I'm gonna see R.E.M. during their regular tour in . . . lemme see . . .16 days

Power to the people!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:43 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I went to the Bright Eyes/R.E.M./John Fogarty/Bruce Springsteen show in St. Paul last night. Right when I was pulling up to the hotel I was staying at to check in, I heard on the radio that Neil Young was spotted at soundcheck!! As if I wasn't excited enough already.

I had zero expectations for Bright Eyes, but I was really, really impressed. R.E.M. and Bruce were great, just as I expected. For me the highlight of the evening was everyone jamming on "Rocking in the Free World." My hands are callused today from clapping too hard. I'll try to write something more coherent in my journal later.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:28 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
I went to the Bright Eyes/R.E.M./John Fogarty/Bruce Springsteen show in St. Paul last night. Right when I was pulling up to the hotel I was staying at to check in, I heard on the radio that Neil Young was spotted at soundcheck!! As if I wasn't excited enough already.

I had zero expectations for Bright Eyes, but I was really, really impressed. R.E.M. and Bruce were great, just as I expected. For me the highlight of the evening was everyone jamming on "Rocking in the Free World." My hands are callused today from clapping too hard. I'll try to write something more coherent in my journal later.
awesome.... neil young too.........! on monday the concert in DC with everyone is going to be on the Sundance Channel. Id ont get it but i have someone taping it for me. Quick thought though....Isnt Neil Young form Canada? O well he will only help the cause.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:03 PM   #30
New Yorker

Cleveland was just the best! It was awe-inspiring(?) to hear Fogerty sing Fortunate Son. Ditto to all of your comments. I'd have loved to see Neil - wow!.

I took my son, 13, to his first concert. He really likes Bruce and had heard a few REM songs. REM really surprised him and he loved Bright Eyes. We were lucky enough to get in the pit and by the time Bruce came on we were 3 ft from the stage.

To quote : "Mom, no one will understand how awesome that was"

Regardless of your politics it is a killer show.

ps - I met a guy from Boston that could have been Dreadsox (in theory)

Tags
vote for change, vote for change tour