MERGED ----> Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:combust:

I have a feeling Neon Bible will end up being my 'Best Album of 2007' though. And I'm perfectly fine with that. :yes:

Wow, there's an awesome line in "Parting of the Sensory" that I believe goes:

Someday you will die somehow and somebody will steal your carbon.

Haha. Man, that's great.

lol, yes :lmao:

its a weird thought, really. all your atoms are gonna be recycled.

Dashboard makes me want to dance.

Highlights of the album include:

Parting of the Sensory
Missed the Boat
We've Got Everything
Fly Trapped in a Jar
Steam Engenius
Spitting Venom

:drool:

I think I'm going to hold off the leak for Wilco when it comes. When it comes to my favorite groups, I like to do things nice and pure.

Also, why can atease post links to albums to and fro all the live-long day and we can't?

Anyway, I like this MM album a lot. I'm about to give it a third listen.

Steam Engenius is awesome.

...like a ricksha getting pulled around by another ricksha...ricksha.

inmyplace13 said:

When the Bright Eyes Four Winds EP leaked, I just linked to the atease music forum without actually linking to the specific thread. I reckon that ought to work just fine.

:hmm:

dashboard really lowered my expectations, but im digging the rest of this. they should have picked 'we've got everything' as the first single, that could potentially be another radio hit for them.

God, 'Little Motel' is killing me.

I love this song. LOVE. This is the beginning of a very long love affair. I can see this being one of my favorite songs ever.

It's remarkable that the song means so much to me already.

Last edited:
Little Motel really is amazing.

This whole album is in fact. After 4 listens it's probably my favorite Modest Mouse album. TMAA is a monsterous beauty, and I never though they'd be able to top that album, and I don't think they've quite met the hights of that album, but "We Were Dead..." is a more consistent album throughout I believe, with practically no weak parts.

Back
Top Bottom