MERGED ---> Michael Jackson + Jacko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Michael Jackson

Did anyone in the UK watch the documentary with him last night?

What did you think of it?

I felt sorry for him at the start but all that stuff with the children sleeping in his bedroom :no:

I think its being aired in the US this week

And when he said his face had changed itself because he grew during adolescence......... :lmao:....... i dont think so :|

Heres a wee articles on it

Jacko: 'Children sleep in my bed'
11.28AM GMT, 4 Feb 2003
Michael Jackson has disclosed that he still shares his bedroom with children, despite the child-sex allegations which nearly destroyed him.

The singer has formed a close friendship with a 12-year-old boy called Gavin, who regularly spends the night at his Neverland mansion. (Picture: Living with Michael Jackson - a Tonight Special, ITV1)

Gavin, who was suffering from cancer when he first met Jackson, believes his relationship with the star has helped to cure him.

Jackson said he always slept on the floor when Gavin was there.

Asked in an ITV1 documentary, Living with Michael Jackson - a Tonight Special, if they ever shared a bed, he replied: "No. But I have slept in a bed with many children."

He said: "It's not sexual. We're going to sleep. I tuck them in and I put a little music on and when it's story time I read a book.

"We go to sleep with the fire on and I give them hot milk and cookies. It's very charming and very sweet. It's what the whole world should do."

Gavin said his parents are happy about his friendship with the star, who phones him often in a series of late-night calls.

When told many people would think it inappropriate for a 44-year-old man to share a bed with a young boy, Jackson dismissed them as "ignorant" and "wacky".

"Why can't you share your bed? The most loving thing to do is to share your bed with someone," he said.

"It's a beautiful thing. It's very right, it's very loving. Because what's wrong with sharing a love?"

His comments were made in an interview with award-winning Tonight journalist Martin Bashir.

Bashir said he was "astonished" to discover Jackson still enjoyed close relationships with young boys.

Jackson was once the undisputed King of Pop, but his reputation never recovered from the scandal which shocked the world in 1994.

He was accused of molesting 13-year-old Jordy Chandler - allegations he has always denied - and paid the boy's parents ?18 million to drop a civil case against him.

Last edited:
The guy is clearly not playing with a full deck, that much is certain. When you read what he says about things, or see him interviewed and he says that sharing a bed with a child is "It's a beautiful thing. It's very right, it's very loving. Because what's wrong with sharing a love?" shows that he see's things differently. He has a skewed view of societally accepted rights and wrong.
God the man is just so odd it is so easy for people to say he is guilty of these allegations. I dont think he is, and I hope I am right. I think its rather disgusting that people can quickly decide he is guilty when there is no proof.

The documentary airs this evening here in the Netherlands. Don't know if I'll watch it though. I liked his early music (me and my sister have, between us, Thriller and Bad on vinyl and Dangerous and HIStory (2cd set) on CD), but now I really don't want to see even pictures of him. It's sad what has become of him. Music isn't kind to geniuses.

C ya!

Marty

It airs in NA on Thursday. Can't say I'll watch it. He is so hideous.

I can't believe people still like him. :crazy: News flash Jacko fans--> He's a freak!

:eyebrow:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=799&e=1&cid=795&u=/eo/20030204/en_music_eo/11228

snip
So great is the power that Jacko wields, especially in his own camp, that no one in his entourage dared suggest that the baby-over-the-balcony episode was "ludicrous and dangerous," says Bashir, who visited Jacko in his hotel room just 30 minutes after the incident.

Certainly, Jackson saw nothing irresponsible in his actions.

The fans outside his hotel room "were chanting they want to see the baby," Jackson tells Bashir. "So, I wanted to show them the baby."

When Bashir points out that the public didn't actually get to see the baby because the tot's face was covered, Jackson counters that he was showing off Prince Michael II's "spirit."

And, besides, Dad says, lil' Blanket loved the attention.

"He was responding," Jackson says in the documentary. "He was singing."
snip

Yes, and we all saw the poor little babies legs get banged numerous times on the railing of the balcony while he was showing the freaky Jacko lovers his spirit. :rolleyes:
Crazy people should not be allowed to have children.

Oh it was weird he said his wife married him to give him 2 babies cus he wanted to be a parent more than him and for Prince the second or blanket he used a surrogate- apparently a black woman, he said black people were called coloured people cus they came in all sorts of colours even white...

He thinks hes Peter Pan too :crazy:

How can anyone believe this guy after the fact that he can't even admit to plastic surgery? Can we honestly believe anything he says.

"little gavin's.....not my lover......he's just a boy.....sleeping...in my bed......"

:down: :tsk:

I just saw the documentary on Dutch television. It's was sad. The second tragic life story of a troubled genius I witnessed today (the other one being an interview with Phil Spector).

:(

Marty

I didn't see the documentary.

daisybean said:
It's one thing to sleep in the same bed with your own child, but to "sleep" with a 12 year old not related to you?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't judge, but there is something clearly wrong with that man.

Yeah, really.

My mom brought up a good point regarding the whole thing with him and the child allegations and all that-if you say you haven't done this sort of thing to children, if you say you haven't molested them-then why would you pay off the family of the boy who made the charge against you? That's a pretty serious charge-so why would you do that?

I mean, I'd like to believe he didn't do this sort of thing. And in some ways...I just can't see him doing this to children.

But still...with things like what daisybean pointed out...I mean, that certainly won't help you if you want to prove your innocence-it'll just make more people believe he's a child molester.

Michael Jackson's gone way off the deep end...I think he's been off the deep end for quite sometime now.

I've never cared much for him as a musician or as a person-he's just...beyond bizarre.

Angela

Last edited:
That's a good point Moonlit_Angel about the pay off. I've always thought it goes the other way too. He is worth, what 1 billion dollars? If it were my child and he had molested him and I knew it for certain, I would destroy the man. The payout (sorry I am quoting figures from memory only so sorry if they are wrong) was $18 mil? Sure its a hefty amount ...to us. Not MJ. He by all accounts, has little concept of dollars these days anyway, with all the stories floating around before about how he was/is almost bankrupted from the running costs of his animal sanctuary alone.

You're not alone coolhandlaura. His state of being and what has become of him is saddening. I believe he see's his world as one giant playground, or theme park. Full of clowns and animals and balloons and happy laughing children playing on amusement rides. The starkest contrast to what he had as a child, a childhood devoid of innocent child's play. He never got to live that fairytale and tries to now.

Angela Harlem said:

God the man is just so odd it is so easy for people to say he is guilty of these allegations. ...I think its rather disgusting that people can quickly decide he is guilty when there is no proof.

I tend to agree with you, Angela. The tendency is to suspect that he is definitely abusing children -- hell, I often think he must be doing just that -- but the allegations have not been proved.

Still, though, I would be suspicious of just about any adult that sleeps with children that are not their own. There's too much potential for abuse in that situation.

Frankly, if he wants to sleep with children, I think he should have a nanny or other female chaperone present at all times -- literally working an overnight shift watching MJ and the child -- and they could not be under blankets. If what Michael Jackson is doing is truly innocent, he shouldn't have a problem with that type of supervision.

Last edited:
what a "bloody " day it was yesterday.
I watched the video of "Unfaithful" with Richard Gere. I wish I had not seen the scene with all the blood pouring out that guys nose....yuk, yuk, yuk.
YUK
and then last night they had a show on TV called "Michael Jackson's Face" Being a fan of the young Michael Jackson, I watched it..a lot of it with my hands over my eyes asking"is it over yet?" They kept having close-ups of surgery on noses. Y.U.K.!! I had a bad facial injury in a car accident and had surgery on my nose YUK. I have never bled so much in my life, YUK. YUK.
So stuff about deformed faces and blood really upsets me.

I haven't seen the documentary where he talks about sleeping with children. The whole thing is a mess. He had the potential to be a musical genius, to really do some good in the world...I can't understand how it could have gone so wrong, so bizarre. I think he feels he can trust children, that they are the key to our future...I think he is addicted to publicity and surgery, good and bad. He should have retired a long time ago and sought help.
No doubt I'll watch that documentary when it finally airs in Australia. The truth can be a very difficult thing to find. If he is a child molester, he should be charged and locked-up.
I said it once before in a thread about him...he is proof that money cannot buy you happiness.
tragic.
I remember the Jackson Five,the hits as they happened. He was extraordinary. From such heights to such depths....a wicked waste.

I feel sick now Cass......blood.......and I got my tonsils out a few years ago and saw on tv last week them doing a tonsilectomy......I cant stand blood now......or raw meat......

:sick:

warning lara..it's going to get worse mate

I'm pretty upset at the moment and here seems a good place to express it. I didn't realise just how "bloody" yesterday was.
Timber cutting and sawmills are a common industry around here. I dread the thought of my sons finding they have to work in that industry. My hub was about to start work at our local mill a few years back.The day before he was to commence there, he got the news that the music college had been funded and he was offered a job there instead. Phew! My middle son is hoping to get after-school work doing the clean-up at a local mill. I don't want him near the saws.My politics are different to that of a lot of the sawmillers, but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings for them as human beings.
One of our local lads got skewered through the chest yesterday when a saw jammed and a 2 metre shard of wood flew back at him. He has very serious internal injuries and has been flown to Brisbane in a critical condition. His parents are local characters, they do a lot of volunteer community work. They are at his bedside now.His name is Gavin and he's 23 years old. Please put him on your list of people you spare a thought for today.

Thats sad :( Poor guy

Cass you say "mate" I love that :laugh:

too right mate..'struth it's a flamin'weird old day, for sure

unfortunately I use a lot of slang..a habit I am trying to break. I think I am cured of my worst one. I didn't even realise I said it. Hub pointed it out to me, it's is a drawn out way of saying "I am very surprised"..I think I say "gosh" a lot now instead.
What a dag.
I don't call many people "mate" lara..only the special few:sexywink: slainte mate:wave:

Dia dhuit :wave:

i love Neighbours "Are ye gonna put some shrimps on the barbiee"

Conor from Belfast comes from where I used to live but I never picked up that accent *wipes brow*

NY Daily News - A glimpse behind Jax's public face

Feeling sympathetic yet?

"Living with Michael Jackson." Tonight, 8 p.m. on ABC
ABC's "2-0/20" tonight, built around an imported profile called "Living with Michael Jackson," is amazing.

It's amazing because it succeeds at times in making the bizarre pop star sympathetic and almost understandable.

That's only some of the time, though. Other times, Jackson's behavior, examined at close range over eight months, is illogical, impulsive or disturbing - and Martin Bashir, the British journalist granted unprecedented access, is quick to say so.

The last time ABC acquired an interview by Bashir, it was the remarkable 1995 talk with Princess Diana. Now, having tagged along with Jackson to Las Vegas, Berlin, and the singer's Neverland Ranch, Bashir has created something else that's unforgettable.

"Living with Michael Jackson" (at 8 o'clock), in its original form, aired Monday on Britain's ITV1 and grabbed a 54 share of the viewing audience. ABC won rights to the Granada TV production after a sealed-bid auction, and, as with the 1995 Princess Di interview, is repackaging it for "2-0/20" with Barbara Walters as host, with edits only for time.

It should do well here, too.

Viewers will not be disappointed. Perplexed, agitated, disbelieving, maybe - but not disappointed.

You've doubtless read or heard the most eyebrow-raising quotes from Jackson already. Tonight's "2-0/20" gives you a lot more. It gives the context of the remarks, which in some cases makes a world of difference. It gives a compelling dramatic structure, as Bashir decides what and when to ask Jackson.

Most of all, it lets you see Jackson up close, revealing more of his personality than any interview I've ever seen. Sometimes the revelations are intentional, as when Jackson talks about his arrangements with the mothers of his three children. Sometimes they're not, as when cameras capture Jackson's behavior in Berlin when he dangled his baby over a hotel balcony.

Bashir just missed being in the room for that moment, but he arrived to see Jackson autographing a hotel pillow and throwing it to the crowd below - a move all but begging to incite a small riot.

Bashir described it as "a manic quality to him I had never seen before." The next morning, Jackson makes a point of putting his baby on his knee to feed the child, a move that seems not only a calculated performance for the camera but an unsettling one. While holding the baby, Jackson's leg is shaking so violently, it's a wonder the child can swallow.

Bashir's interviewing style is a delight. Yes, he does the standard photo-opportunity things early on (going on the rides at Neverland, learning how to moonwalk), but he hangs around long enough to gain Jackson's confidence. At one point, Bashir, rather than Jackson, is protecting one of Jackson's children during a hellish field trip to a German zoo. Even before Bashir denounces that behavior by Jackson, seeing it says a lot.

Many times, Bashir challenges Jackson, taking a friendly but firm tone. When the pop star, explaining his fascination with Neverland and the "Peter Pan" mythology, says, "I am Peter Pan," Bashir replies, like a gently scolding schoolteacher, "No you're not. You're Michael Jackson."

"I'm Peter Pan," Jackson says, "in my heart."

Watching Jackson go shopping in Las Vegas, as the crowd around the store grows overwhelmingly large, goes a long way toward explaining why he prefers solitude at his ranch, which is like Disneyland without the lines. Probing questions about his childhood explain why Jackson is so hungry for love and enamored of innocence - but those lead to other questions, about his relationships with young children, and Bashir asks those, too.

"Living With Michael" is a tougher Jackson interview than either Oprah Winfrey's a decade ago or Diane Sawyer's 1995 sitdown. Its goal really appears to be understanding, rather than exploitation, and it's a superior work because of it.

Don't miss it tonight, or you'll be left out of a lot of conversations tomorrow.

Originally published on February 6, 2003

He can complain all he wants - but the fact that he is still sleeping in a room with children other than his own is weird in ANY context and should be stopped and/or investigated. Those children are going to grow up to be as freakish and warped as he is!

Why doesn't someone reco psychiatric counceling for him, or a psych ward? He needs analysis pronto!! :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom