MERGED ---> Michael Jackson + Jacko - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2003, 07:35 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Michael Jackson

Did anyone in the UK watch the documentary with him last night?

What did you think of it?

I felt sorry for him at the start but all that stuff with the children sleeping in his bedroom

I think its being aired in the US this week

And when he said his face had changed itself because he grew during adolescence......... ....... i dont think so

Heres a wee articles on it

Jacko: 'Children sleep in my bed'
11.28AM GMT, 4 Feb 2003
Michael Jackson has disclosed that he still shares his bedroom with children, despite the child-sex allegations which nearly destroyed him.

The singer has formed a close friendship with a 12-year-old boy called Gavin, who regularly spends the night at his Neverland mansion. (Picture: Living with Michael Jackson - a Tonight Special, ITV1)

Gavin, who was suffering from cancer when he first met Jackson, believes his relationship with the star has helped to cure him.

Jackson said he always slept on the floor when Gavin was there.

Asked in an ITV1 documentary, Living with Michael Jackson - a Tonight Special, if they ever shared a bed, he replied: "No. But I have slept in a bed with many children."

He said: "It's not sexual. We're going to sleep. I tuck them in and I put a little music on and when it's story time I read a book.

"We go to sleep with the fire on and I give them hot milk and cookies. It's very charming and very sweet. It's what the whole world should do."

Gavin said his parents are happy about his friendship with the star, who phones him often in a series of late-night calls.

When told many people would think it inappropriate for a 44-year-old man to share a bed with a young boy, Jackson dismissed them as "ignorant" and "wacky".

"Why can't you share your bed? The most loving thing to do is to share your bed with someone," he said.

"It's a beautiful thing. It's very right, it's very loving. Because what's wrong with sharing a love?"

His comments were made in an interview with award-winning Tonight journalist Martin Bashir.

Bashir said he was "astonished" to discover Jackson still enjoyed close relationships with young boys.

Jackson was once the undisputed King of Pop, but his reputation never recovered from the scandal which shocked the world in 1994.

He was accused of molesting 13-year-old Jordy Chandler - allegations he has always denied - and paid the boy's parents 18 million to drop a civil case against him.

Old 02-04-2003, 08:24 AM   #2
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:59 PM
The guy is clearly not playing with a full deck, that much is certain. When you read what he says about things, or see him interviewed and he says that sharing a bed with a child is "It's a beautiful thing. It's very right, it's very loving. Because what's wrong with sharing a love?" shows that he see's things differently. He has a skewed view of societally accepted rights and wrong.
God the man is just so odd it is so easy for people to say he is guilty of these allegations. I dont think he is, and I hope I am right. I think its rather disgusting that people can quickly decide he is guilty when there is no proof.

Old 02-04-2003, 08:43 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 03:59 AM
It's one thing to sleep in the same bed with your own child, but to "sleep" with a 12 year old not related to you?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't judge, but there is something clearly wrong with that man.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:07 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:59 AM
Crazy crazy crazy man!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:12 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

The documentary airs this evening here in the Netherlands. Don't know if I'll watch it though. I liked his early music (me and my sister have, between us, Thriller and Bad on vinyl and Dangerous and HIStory (2cd set) on CD), but now I really don't want to see even pictures of him. It's sad what has become of him. Music isn't kind to geniuses.

C ya!

Marty
Old 02-04-2003, 09:34 AM   #6
Elvis' Naughty Angel

It airs in NA on Thursday. Can't say I'll watch it. He is so hideous.

I can't believe people still like him. News flash Jacko fans--> He's a freak!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 03:59 AM

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...music_eo/11228

snip
So great is the power that Jacko wields, especially in his own camp, that no one in his entourage dared suggest that the baby-over-the-balcony episode was "ludicrous and dangerous," says Bashir, who visited Jacko in his hotel room just 30 minutes after the incident.

Certainly, Jackson saw nothing irresponsible in his actions.

The fans outside his hotel room "were chanting they want to see the baby," Jackson tells Bashir. "So, I wanted to show them the baby."

When Bashir points out that the public didn't actually get to see the baby because the tot's face was covered, Jackson counters that he was showing off Prince Michael II's "spirit."

And, besides, Dad says, lil' Blanket loved the attention.

"He was responding," Jackson says in the documentary. "He was singing."
snip
Old 02-04-2003, 09:47 AM   #8
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Yes, and we all saw the poor little babies legs get banged numerous times on the railing of the balcony while he was showing the freaky Jacko lovers his spirit.
Crazy people should not be allowed to have children.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Oh it was weird he said his wife married him to give him 2 babies cus he wanted to be a parent more than him and for Prince the second or blanket he used a surrogate- apparently a black woman, he said black people were called coloured people cus they came in all sorts of colours even white...

He thinks hes Peter Pan too
Old 02-04-2003, 01:43 PM   #10
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:59 AM
How can anyone believe this guy after the fact that he can't even admit to plastic surgery? Can we honestly believe anything he says.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:56 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:59 AM
"little gavin's.....not my lover......he's just a boy.....sleeping...in my bed......"

Old 02-04-2003, 03:43 PM   #12
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:59 AM
well i for one have practically still not stopped cryin since last night.

obviously im the only one...
Old 02-04-2003, 05:09 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

I just saw the documentary on Dutch television. It's was sad. The second tragic life story of a troubled genius I witnessed today (the other one being an interview with Phil Spector).

Marty
Old 02-04-2003, 09:57 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:59 AM
I didn't see the documentary.

Quote:
Originally posted by daisybean
It's one thing to sleep in the same bed with your own child, but to "sleep" with a 12 year old not related to you?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't judge, but there is something clearly wrong with that man.
Yeah, really.

My mom brought up a good point regarding the whole thing with him and the child allegations and all that-if you say you haven't done this sort of thing to children, if you say you haven't molested them-then why would you pay off the family of the boy who made the charge against you? That's a pretty serious charge-so why would you do that?

I mean, I'd like to believe he didn't do this sort of thing. And in some ways...I just can't see him doing this to children.

But still...with things like what daisybean pointed out...I mean, that certainly won't help you if you want to prove your innocence-it'll just make more people believe he's a child molester.

Michael Jackson's gone way off the deep end...I think he's been off the deep end for quite sometime now.

I've never cared much for him as a musician or as a person-he's just...beyond bizarre.

Angela
Old 02-05-2003, 04:52 AM   #15
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:59 PM
That's a good point Moonlit_Angel about the pay off. I've always thought it goes the other way too. He is worth, what 1 billion dollars? If it were my child and he had molested him and I knew it for certain, I would destroy the man. The payout (sorry I am quoting figures from memory only so sorry if they are wrong) was $18 mil? Sure its a hefty amount ...to us. Not MJ. He by all accounts, has little concept of dollars these days anyway, with all the stories floating around before about how he was/is almost bankrupted from the running costs of his animal sanctuary alone.

You're not alone coolhandlaura. His state of being and what has become of him is saddening. I believe he see's his world as one giant playground, or theme park. Full of clowns and animals and balloons and happy laughing children playing on amusement rides. The starkest contrast to what he had as a child, a childhood devoid of innocent child's play. He never got to live that fairytale and tries to now.