MERGED ---> Michael Jackson + Jacko - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2003, 04:06 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 04:09 AM
I want to see it too...

It's truely a shame..he was so talented....kinda makes you wonder if it's nature or nuture that made him what he is today.

What HA said...there is something really wrong with thinking it's okay to share a bed with a 12 year old boy that is not your own son.

Old 02-06-2003, 04:25 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:09 AM
I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Old 02-06-2003, 04:58 PM   #33
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 01:09 AM
well, i was going to sit down tonight to watch the complete first season of "sex and the city," but now, i guess carrie will just have to wait...i'm watchin' jacko.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:16 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:09 AM
This show is really depressing me.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:24 PM   #35
Refugee

This may sound bad, but I can understand why Michael Jackson would do something like this.

We've all heard about how f---ed up his childhood was, right? How he never had friends as a child and how he was abused both verbally and physically. These stories bare a bright light on why someone at the age of 44 would have fun with kids.

In 1994 I, like everyone else went through mixed emotions about Michael Jackson. I thought he would never do something like that to a child, and then I started thinking it was true. Over the years, however, I've changed my opinion to being more supportive.

What Jackson is saying in that article is that he wants to give children the love he never had. He befriends a lot of sick children who are probably going to die from one disease or another, and if it's true I think his actions are the most noble of any man I've known. If his words are true, and I think they are, we ARE showing our 'ignorance' and acting "wacky".

The reason I think he's telling the truth is because I don't think he's stupid enough to continue seeing children behind closed doors after what happened in the early 1990's. His publicists and managers would have strongly advised him to do differently, and Michael values his status and wealth too much to jeopardize it all over one little boy or girl. He knows the spotlight is always on him, so due to my assumption that he's not retarded, I think he's legit.

Another reason I believe him is because all these children's parents are allowing them to spend the evening with the man. This, AFTER his near career ending debacle in 1994! I doubt all of these people are retard or morons, which proves that everything is fine in Neverland.

Let's cut Michael some slack. Innocent until proven guilty. Remember that old line? Well, let's just remember that he's NEVER been proven guilty. He paid a settlement in the earlier case, but considering his status in the entertainment world, bad press is a killer and paying off the problem was conceivably the best thing Jackson could have done to save his reputation from being butchered into smaller pieces.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:20 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

Ok, you have some points, but...

how does this explain the baby dangling incident? Or him keeping that veil over the same baby's face? I was seriously concerned and am concerned for his children.

That interview made me feel sad. Instead of spending all his money on ferris wheels, maybe he should have souhgt professional help instead.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:21 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That made me feel very very ill
Old 02-06-2003, 10:35 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I only feel bad for his "children" at this point.
they are going to grow up just as screwed up as him.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:41 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO
I only feel bad for his "children" at this point.
Yeah...

Michael says his children want to be normal.

Sorry, Michael, but putting veils over your kids' faces every day is not "normal"-perhaps in certain countries it might be, but in America...it's just odd.

For god's sake, his baby had a veil over its face while he was feeding it!

How many parents do you know who do that to their own children?

I only saw the first few minutes of the show, then my dad changed the channel, which was good, 'cause the whole thing was just...weird.

Not to mention...he looked absolutely HORRIBLE! I honestly don't know what he's done to himself over the years, but whatever he's done, it hasn't worked in his favor at all.

Angela
Old 02-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO

Not necessarily.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:31 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie

Not necessarily.

well, I certainly hope not.

I thought he was gonna suffocate that baby with the veil though.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:25 AM   #42
Neon Zebra

yes, i'm sure those children will be JUST FINE after being forced to wear feathered masks around las vegas...jesus, i still have damage from when i had to wear a homemade sweater...
Old 02-07-2003, 02:00 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

I feel very disturbed after seeing the documentry tonight. I feel sorry for his kids, and I feel sorry for Michael Jackson.

Reportedly here in Southern California law enforcement officials watched the documentry.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:21 AM   #44
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:09 PM
Be interesting to see what comes of that David. I'm sure there are grounds for emotional abuse on his children, getting it through the courts is another matter though.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:13 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Some additional thoughts:

The man is clearly delusional, his inconsistancies through the entire interview are proof of that. The fact that he was oblivious to his children being in danger while at the Zoo. That he was more intent on seeing the Gorillas then he was that his children were being smothered by fans and press. The second he is out in public he takes on the public persona of waving to the cameras and talking to fans and everything else is blocked out. When his little daughter wanted to hold his hand, and he said "I have to sign autographs," and she became another person in the entourage.

While he may have pure intentions (meaning non sexual feelings) toward children and young boys, there is still something that does not sit right with me about wanting to share a bed with them. I don't know if anyone else noticed but when they were talking to Gavin (The 12 year old boy who had recovered from Cancer), he said in reference to his sleep over that Jackson wanted him to sleep in his bed "he said if you love me, you'll sleep in this bed." Then Jackson piped in that he slept on the floor.