MERGED ---> Michael Jackson + Jacko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see it too...

It's truely a shame..he was so talented....kinda makes you wonder if it's nature or nuture that made him what he is today.

What HA said...there is something really wrong with thinking it's okay to share a bed with a 12 year old boy that is not your own son.

well, i was going to sit down tonight to watch the complete first season of "sex and the city," but now, i guess carrie will just have to wait...i'm watchin' jacko.

This may sound bad, but I can understand why Michael Jackson would do something like this.

We've all heard about how f---ed up his childhood was, right? How he never had friends as a child and how he was abused both verbally and physically. These stories bare a bright light on why someone at the age of 44 would have fun with kids.

In 1994 I, like everyone else went through mixed emotions about Michael Jackson. I thought he would never do something like that to a child, and then I started thinking it was true. Over the years, however, I've changed my opinion to being more supportive.

What Jackson is saying in that article is that he wants to give children the love he never had. He befriends a lot of sick children who are probably going to die from one disease or another, and if it's true I think his actions are the most noble of any man I've known. If his words are true, and I think they are, we ARE showing our 'ignorance' and acting "wacky".

The reason I think he's telling the truth is because I don't think he's stupid enough to continue seeing children behind closed doors after what happened in the early 1990's. His publicists and managers would have strongly advised him to do differently, and Michael values his status and wealth too much to jeopardize it all over one little boy or girl. He knows the spotlight is always on him, so due to my assumption that he's not retarded, I think he's legit.

Another reason I believe him is because all these children's parents are allowing them to spend the evening with the man. This, AFTER his near career ending debacle in 1994! I doubt all of these people are retard or morons, which proves that everything is fine in Neverland.

Let's cut Michael some slack. Innocent until proven guilty. Remember that old line? Well, let's just remember that he's NEVER been proven guilty. He paid a settlement in the earlier case, but considering his status in the entertainment world, bad press is a killer and paying off the problem was conceivably the best thing Jackson could have done to save his reputation from being butchered into smaller pieces.

Ok, you have some points, but...

how does this explain the baby dangling incident? Or him keeping that veil over the same baby's face? I was seriously concerned and am concerned for his children. :|

That interview made me feel sad. Instead of spending all his money on ferris wheels, maybe he should have souhgt professional help instead.

I only feel bad for his "children" at this point.
they are going to grow up just as screwed up as him.:|

JOFO said:
I only feel bad for his "children" at this point.
they are going to grow up just as screwed up as him.:|

Yeah...

Michael says his children want to be normal.

Sorry, Michael, but putting veils over your kids' faces every day is not "normal"-perhaps in certain countries it might be, but in America...it's just odd.

For god's sake, his baby had a veil over its face while he was feeding it!

How many parents do you know who do that to their own children?

I only saw the first few minutes of the show, then my dad changed the channel, which was good, 'cause the whole thing was just...weird.

Not to mention...he looked absolutely HORRIBLE! I honestly don't know what he's done to himself over the years, but whatever he's done, it hasn't worked in his favor at all.

Angela

meegannie said:

Not necessarily. :|

well, I certainly hope not.

I thought he was gonna suffocate that baby with the veil though.:der:

yes, i'm sure those children will be JUST FINE after being forced to wear feathered masks around las vegas...jesus, i still have damage from when i had to wear a homemade sweater...

I feel very disturbed after seeing the documentry tonight. I feel sorry for his kids, and I feel sorry for Michael Jackson.

Reportedly here in Southern California law enforcement officials watched the documentry.

Be interesting to see what comes of that David. I'm sure there are grounds for emotional abuse on his children, getting it through the courts is another matter though.

Some additional thoughts:

The man is clearly delusional, his inconsistancies through the entire interview are proof of that. The fact that he was oblivious to his children being in danger while at the Zoo. That he was more intent on seeing the Gorillas then he was that his children were being smothered by fans and press. The second he is out in public he takes on the public persona of waving to the cameras and talking to fans and everything else is blocked out. When his little daughter wanted to hold his hand, and he said "I have to sign autographs," and she became another person in the entourage.

While he may have pure intentions (meaning non sexual feelings) toward children and young boys, there is still something that does not sit right with me about wanting to share a bed with them. I don't know if anyone else noticed but when they were talking to Gavin (The 12 year old boy who had recovered from Cancer), he said in reference to his sleep over that Jackson wanted him to sleep in his bed "he said if you love me, you'll sleep in this bed." Then Jackson piped in that he slept on the floor.

Hi everyone.......:wave:

Just wanted to toss in my opinion.........*will get bombarded now!*

He may come across that way, yet a lot of pple are intrigued by his behaviour.

Remember he talked about his father in a way that showed he was terrified as a young boy. As far as Im concerned, the father pushed them all into showbiz and tortured MJ and possibly his bros with comments, what about all those comments about his father using a belt forcefully? I dont think MJ is lying there. I really believe from his early childhood he has been hurt mentally and physically, and has never known any other normality...............and its affected him so badly. I believe he is in denial about his face-changing because he hated how he was due to what was being said to him as a child, he now feels more in what he wants to be and would rather be accepted like that. Its like he wanted to change his identity but would rather have pple shut up about it. Its his mental state of mind again, remember? He doesnt want u to notice and discuss his cheekbones, chin, etc........he is trying to keep it that this is now who 'Michael Jackson is and looks like, so just accept me'. I believe he hates adults a lot. I believe he is living his childhood now, and just cant stop it. I believe he prob if he still really has kids in his bed, does it in a way that he feels like he is 'watching' over them, in the warmth of a bed. I believe he wants them to feel 'loved' in a 'united' sense.
He wants to unite, in an affectionate way, but in a gentle way.
I dont know, I cant see him 'touching' a child in how most pple think.
Yes, it sounds abnormal someone else doing that, like 'a normal husband invitin daughters friends round', but given that Jackson is the way he is and has the home he has, he is just living the 'kid he never could be free to be' and having kids round him for 'personal happiness'

I believe Jackson has been badly scarred as a child, and has become a person no-one will understand. But I will never ever diss the man, who is, a genius in his own way.

if anything, I think its sad how isolated he has become.....esp now after all the 'height' of his fame.

But, on saying that, most pple would say he has brought that onto himself.

I think he just wants to live exactly how he feels...........most pple do, right? Its just his way his seen as so abnormal.

Ach I dunno, I could be so wrong......

I think anyone who has just read what I said will hate me now, or somethin.......

And another thing, last night it showed the 30th Anniversary, and I was real happy to see him perform again. He was amazing, and I was hyped up watching. The crowd really were goin, and some pple cryin....and like......wow!

Forget the Press, u cant beat MJ's dancin..........he is an individual genius with what he does........and no way do I slam him.
For watching him dance.........I just forget about all the hype on him about his behaviour, he is one brilliant dancer.........

and I still say both Billie Jean, and 'The Way You Make Me Feel' have the best intros out of many many others.

Two top intros......:up:

so, in my words - Way to go Jacko!!!! :cool:

MADDIE!!!!!!! :hug:

I agree with most of what you said...he had a terrible childhood and it warped his sense of reality as an adult.

I still don't know what to make of his feelings toward children especially young boys. :slant: A part of me wants to believe that it is purely innocent, but my more cynical side thinks that perhaps authorities should investigate.

Hi Daisy :wave:

yes, well, I think what made me possibly question what he says about the children is that, I wonder did, and he isnt admitting to it, did his father 'touch' him when he was a young boy................but for some reason I doubt that very much. His kids seem comfortable around him, and so do all the others he brings round to Neverland....

I believe with his millions he has been allowed to be eccentric, something that can happen to lots of pple with 'too much money'.....so he built this place.....

Ya know what? I dont care........I really believe he is happy with kids around him in a pure innocence sense...........I keep thinkin that boy who accused him made it up to get money from him.......and Jacko paid because he feared possibilities of innocent arrest knowing pple dont accept his behaviour.

I still say I dont think he touches kids that way.......again I say it as a 'united' sense.............

I think if we all had millions of money, we would all start to live eccentricly after a long time, with so much of it still coming in, and getting bored with what we have......it can turn into ur biggest nightmare................and in this case turned Jacko into the person he is, and its allowed him to build his dream......I believe he is a person who 'lives in a dreamworld' and likes to be detached from everything outside his home.........does not watch TV or does not want to be normal............he has the money to do it, so, why not? For a long time he wanted it, now he has it.......so many pple out there dream of being a certain way, but dont have the materials to do it, or be it, his way is just so different. Its just a shame very few, as well as his fans, accept him for who he is.....I know I do.......and Im not a huge huge fan.....

(oh I KNOW what I want to say but am not puttin it down right)

sorry......:sad:

Hi Maddie! :wave:

:sigh: well, I watched the show, and all I can say is he is WEIRD. I don't think he's actually molested any kids, I think he lives in a fantasy world where HE is a kid too, the kid he never got to be because of his childhood. He is odd but probably harmless.

But, I have to :laugh: :lmao: at his denials of plastic surgery. He claims he's only had 2 operations on his nose and not the rest of his face? Ha! He's had lots on his whole face. His lips are smaller, his chin is different and the whole shape is changed. He said it was because his face changed as he got older, but everyone gets older and they don't morph into a different person! He's 44, and the U2 guys are 41-42. Their faces have changed some because they are older, but their bone structure and features remain the same because they have the same face! Did you see the pic they made using a computer to age him from what he looked like as a kid if he didn't have surgery? It looked almost like his brother Jermaine, which is what the real Michael would look like now. What we have there is very phony. Oh, and his hair is fake, you could see his wig coming off. Oh, and I don't believe he has a disease turning him white, not on his whole body. I think he bleached his skin. Everybody on my morning radio shows was making fun of him for saying he didn't have extensive plastic surgery, it's obvious he did.

It's sad, I think he somehow thought he was exhonerating himself and making people understand him and proving himself not so weird by doing that show. Why else would he do it? But, he's so weird, he couldn't see it only confirmed everyone's suspicions and added new ones.

Maddie-

I don't doubt his claims of abuse by his dad. From what I've heard, his dad was a real jerk. His whole family's seemed to have had some serious problems in the past (exception being Janet Jackson, she turned out okay, it seems). I believe his claims of abuse. I think it's horrible that he had to go through that.

I also don't deny he's a good dancer. I certainly can't do that moonwalk thingy nearly as well as he can.

And there's a few songs of his I don't mind-"Billie Jean", "Thriller" (the video's pretty cool, you gotta admit that-even though it scared me when I was little, LOL), and "Beat It"-those songs aren't bad.

Other than that, though, I've never personally cared much for the majority of his music-I think a lot of it sucks, actually. Just stuff I never got into.

And as for the allegations of child molestation-like I said before, at times I honestly can't imagine him doing anything like that to a child.

But then there's things like this documentary that don't really help convince those who are suspicious...

I honestly don't know...

Tabby said:
It's sad, I think he somehow thought he was exhonerating himself and making people understand him and proving himself not so weird by doing that show. Why else would he do it? But, he's so weird, he couldn't see it only confirmed everyone's suspicions and added new ones.

Exactly.

And now there's a story on Yahoo! News about him filing complaints over the documentary, claiming he was treated unfairly and all that.

:|.

Angela

He did? Oh please! :rolleyes: No one forced him into anything, he did it all of his own free will. But when he didn't get the response he wanted, he blamed someone else like he always does. The worst one was last year when he claimed Sony didn't want him to be as big as the Beatles or Elvis because he was 'black' (or is he?:confused: ) he said they make him 'look like a freak'- uh, sorry Michael, I think everyone can see, you did a good job of that all by your self :shrug: BTW I've heard plenty of black people make fun of him and his altered appearance. This is not a race thing at all, he's just plain weird, in any color (might try another one soon?)

Last edited:
He's obviously mentally ill. I think it's kind of heartless to judge him for that. :down:

As long as someone makes sure that his children are being treated well, I don't see how his behaviour harms anyone. :shrug:

Tabby said:
He did? Oh please! :rolleyes: No one forced him into anything, he did it all of his own free will. But when he didn't get the response he wanted, he blamed someone else like he always does.

Exactly.

Originally posted by Tabby
The worst one was last year when he claimed Sony didn't want him to be as big as the Beatles or Elvis because he was 'black' (or is he?:confused: ) he said they make him 'look like a freak'- uh, sorry Michael, I think everyone can see, you did a good job of that all by your self :shrug: BTW I've heard plenty of black people make fun of him and his altered appearance. This is not a race thing at all, he's just plain weird, in any color (might try another one soon?)

Agreed (heh, Robin Williams commented on that in a stand up routine I saw last year-he talked about how Michael claimed the music industry was racist and all that, and then he goes, "I'm thinking, honey, you have to pick a race first." :p).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Exactly.

Agreed (heh, Robin Williams commented on that in a stand up routine I saw last year-he talked about how Michael claimed the music industry was racist and all that, and then he goes, "I'm thinking, honey, you have to pick a race first." :p).

Angela

LOL!! :laugh: It's really lame how he always blames his public image on somebody else. He's done it all to himself!

meegannie said:
He's obviously mentally ill. I think it's kind of heartless to judge him for that. :down:

Before I saw this documentary, I would have been one of the first people to judge and ridicule MJ

But, after what I saw and heard him say, I have to agree that he is mentally ill. The real shame is that because of his superstar status and his wealth, no one around him is going to tell him the honest truth and advise him to get help. He's surrounded by yes-men who don't want to lose their meal ticket or the status of being in his inner circle. I think the people around him know he is sick and handle his everyday affairs and make sure his kids are taken care of while he continues to live in his fantasy world.

Its very sad.

Bono's American Wife said:

But, after what I saw and heard him say, I have to agree that he is mentally ill. The real shame is that because of his superstar status and his wealth, no one around him is going to tell him the honest truth and advise him to get help. He's surrounded by yes-men who don't want to lose their meal ticket or the status of being in his inner circle. I think the people around him know he is sick and handle his everyday affairs and make sure his kids are taken care of while he continues to live in his fantasy world.

Its very sad.

:yes:

When you're that ill, you don't realize you're ill and can't understand why everyone else doesn't think the same way you do. The documentary kind of upsets me because I think in a way it took advantage of that.

Maddie, your post was :up: :hug:!

I seriously hope that MJ's father and mother both have lived and continue to live in deep regret and turmoil every day of their Godforsaken lives!:mad: :mad:

somehow I think all the money they've made off of Michael (and the rest of their kids) probably keeps them from worrying too much about the damage they did.

I feel bad for him. I'm not going to get into all the details of why. I just do.

No I certainly do not agree that his children should have veils and all that shit. And I also don't agree that he has "sleepovers" with kids. But money can't buy you love and happiness and aside from being a bazilillonaire, he seems to have had a lonely life. He needs professional help.

I think he just needs a big :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom