MERGED ---> Michael Jackson + Jacko - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

God the man is just so odd it is so easy for people to say he is guilty of these allegations. ...I think its rather disgusting that people can quickly decide he is guilty when there is no proof.
I tend to agree with you, Angela. The tendency is to suspect that he is definitely abusing children -- hell, I often think he must be doing just that -- but the allegations have not been proved.

Still, though, I would be suspicious of just about any adult that sleeps with children that are not their own. There's too much potential for abuse in that situation.

Frankly, if he wants to sleep with children, I think he should have a nanny or other female chaperone present at all times -- literally working an overnight shift watching MJ and the child -- and they could not be under blankets. If what Michael Jackson is doing is truly innocent, he shouldn't have a problem with that type of supervision.

Old 02-05-2003, 03:20 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:59 AM
what a "bloody " day it was yesterday.
I watched the video of "Unfaithful" with Richard Gere. I wish I had not seen the scene with all the blood pouring out that guys nose....yuk, yuk, yuk.
YUK
and then last night they had a show on TV called "Michael Jackson's Face" Being a fan of the young Michael Jackson, I watched it..a lot of it with my hands over my eyes asking"is it over yet?" They kept having close-ups of surgery on noses. Y.U.K.!! I had a bad facial injury in a car accident and had surgery on my nose YUK. I have never bled so much in my life, YUK. YUK.
So stuff about deformed faces and blood really upsets me.

I haven't seen the documentary where he talks about sleeping with children. The whole thing is a mess. He had the potential to be a musical genius, to really do some good in the world...I can't understand how it could have gone so wrong, so bizarre. I think he feels he can trust children, that they are the key to our future...I think he is addicted to publicity and surgery, good and bad. He should have retired a long time ago and sought help.
No doubt I'll watch that documentary when it finally airs in Australia. The truth can be a very difficult thing to find. If he is a child molester, he should be charged and locked-up.
I said it once before in a thread about him...he is proof that money cannot buy you happiness.
tragic.
I remember the Jackson Five,the hits as they happened. He was extraordinary. From such heights to such depths....a wicked waste.

Old 02-05-2003, 03:44 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:59 PM
I feel sick now Cass......blood.......and I got my tonsils out a few years ago and saw on tv last week them doing a tonsilectomy......I cant stand blood now......or raw meat......

Old 02-05-2003, 05:42 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

warning lara..it's going to get worse mate

I'm pretty upset at the moment and here seems a good place to express it. I didn't realise just how "bloody" yesterday was.
Timber cutting and sawmills are a common industry around here. I dread the thought of my sons finding they have to work in that industry. My hub was about to start work at our local mill a few years back.The day before he was to commence there, he got the news that the music college had been funded and he was offered a job there instead. Phew! My middle son is hoping to get after-school work doing the clean-up at a local mill. I don't want him near the saws.My politics are different to that of a lot of the sawmillers, but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings for them as human beings.
One of our local lads got skewered through the chest yesterday when a saw jammed and a 2 metre shard of wood flew back at him. He has very serious internal injuries and has been flown to Brisbane in a critical condition. His parents are local characters, they do a lot of volunteer community work. They are at his bedside now.His name is Gavin and he's 23 years old. Please put him on your list of people you spare a thought for today.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:56 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Thats sad Poor guy

Cass you say "mate" I love that
Old 02-05-2003, 06:12 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

too right mate..'struth it's a flamin'weird old day, for sure

unfortunately I use a lot of slang..a habit I am trying to break. I think I am cured of my worst one. I didn't even realise I said it. Hub pointed it out to me, it's is a drawn out way of saying "I am very surprised"..I think I say "gosh" a lot now instead.
What a dag.
I don't call many people "mate" lara..only the special few slainte mate
Old 02-05-2003, 06:16 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Dia dhuit

i love Neighbours "Are ye gonna put some shrimps on the barbiee"

Conor from Belfast comes from where I used to live but I never picked up that accent *wipes brow*
Old 02-06-2003, 09:48 AM   #23
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Jacko

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Feb5.html

OK last time he was in the news I was a bit shocked, now I am just horrified of him.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:36 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 02:59 PM
he is scares me too. i will be tuning in to watch this tonight.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:50 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It's a shame, he's fantastically talented... love his music before he went psycho...

Or maybe before we discovered his psychoness.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:00 AM   #26
War Child

fame has warped him beyond repair.....i guess it does that to some people...
Old 02-06-2003, 11:13 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

LOL...it's scary...

I want to watch this too.

*hides

Melon
Old 02-06-2003, 11:34 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:59 PM
NY Daily News - A glimpse behind Jax's public face

Feeling sympathetic yet?

"Living with Michael Jackson." Tonight, 8 p.m. on ABC
ABC's "2-0/20" tonight, built around an imported profile called "Living with Michael Jackson," is amazing.

It's amazing because it succeeds at times in making the bizarre pop star sympathetic and almost understandable.

That's only some of the time, though. Other times, Jackson's behavior, examined at close range over eight months, is illogical, impulsive or disturbing - and Martin Bashir, the British journalist granted unprecedented access, is quick to say so.

The last time ABC acquired an interview by Bashir, it was the remarkable 1995 talk with Princess Diana. Now, having tagged along with Jackson to Las Vegas, Berlin, and the singer's Neverland Ranch, Bashir has created something else that's unforgettable.

"Living with Michael Jackson" (at 8 o'clock), in its original form, aired Monday on Britain's ITV1 and grabbed a 54 share of the viewing audience. ABC won rights to the Granada TV production after a sealed-bid auction, and, as with the 1995 Princess Di interview, is repackaging it for "2-0/20" with Barbara Walters as host, with edits only for time.

It should do well here, too.

Viewers will not be disappointed. Perplexed, agitated, disbelieving, maybe - but not disappointed.

You've doubtless read or heard the most eyebrow-raising quotes from Jackson already. Tonight's "2-0/20" gives you a lot more. It gives the context of the remarks, which in some cases makes a world of difference. It gives a compelling dramatic structure, as Bashir decides what and when to ask Jackson.

Most of all, it lets you see Jackson up close, revealing more of his personality than any interview I've ever seen. Sometimes the revelations are intentional, as when Jackson talks about his arrangements with the mothers of his three children. Sometimes they're not, as when cameras capture Jackson's behavior in Berlin when he dangled his baby over a hotel balcony.

Bashir just missed being in the room for that moment, but he arrived to see Jackson autographing a hotel pillow and throwing it to the crowd below - a move all but begging to incite a small riot.

Bashir described it as "a manic quality to him I had never seen before." The next morning, Jackson makes a point of putting his baby on his knee to feed the child, a move that seems not only a calculated performance for the camera but an unsettling one. While holding the baby, Jackson's leg is shaking so violently, it's a wonder the child can swallow.

Bashir's interviewing style is a delight. Yes, he does the standard photo-opportunity things early on (going on the rides at Neverland, learning how to moonwalk), but he hangs around long enough to gain Jackson's confidence. At one point, Bashir, rather than Jackson, is protecting one of Jackson's children during a hellish field trip to a German zoo. Even before Bashir denounces that behavior by Jackson, seeing it says a lot.

Many times, Bashir challenges Jackson, taking a friendly but firm tone. When the pop star, explaining his fascination with Neverland and the "Peter Pan" mythology, says, "I am Peter Pan," Bashir replies, like a gently scolding schoolteacher, "No you're not. You're Michael Jackson."

"I'm Peter Pan," Jackson says, "in my heart."

Watching Jackson go shopping in Las Vegas, as the crowd around the store grows overwhelmingly large, goes a long way toward explaining why he prefers solitude at his ranch, which is like Disneyland without the lines. Probing questions about his childhood explain why Jackson is so hungry for love and enamored of innocence - but those lead to other questions, about his relationships with young children, and Bashir asks those, too.

"Living With Michael" is a tougher Jackson interview than either Oprah Winfrey's a decade ago or Diane Sawyer's 1995 sitdown. Its goal really appears to be understanding, rather than exploitation, and it's a superior work because of it.

Don't miss it tonight, or you'll be left out of a lot of conversations tomorrow.

Originally published on February 6, 2003
Old 02-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:59 PM
He can complain all he wants - but the fact that he is still sleeping in a room with children other than his own is weird in ANY context and should be stopped and/or investigated. Those children are going to grow up to be as freakish and warped as he is!

Why doesn't someone reco psychiatric counceling for him, or a psych ward? He needs analysis pronto!!
Old 02-06-2003, 03:23 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

I saw this on ...Tuesday Its so digusting....