MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still, I must again utter the refrain: John Locke is dead. I am happy. I can't be anything but.

Well, you'll likely be seeing him in a good portion of next season's episodes (I'm guessing it will be at least 3/4 through the season until we catch up to his real world Oceanic 6 visits and death), and it's not inconceivable that returning his body to the island might bring him back to life, or into some kind of Obi-Wan's ghost state.

So don't be too happy!

Yeah, that's the one. Very interesting stuff, though I can't enjoy it without making it too academic/theoretical. On which network is that show broadcast...?

In the US, it's on Showtime. Here in Canada, it premiered on The Movie Network (our version of HBO), and then after that run, appeared on one of our regular networks.

The funny thing is, when I'm as critical about a show as I am about Dexter, like I said, I pretty much always just figure that it's not my cup of tea, and I stop watching it. With this one, I can't NOT watch it, for some reason, despite there being so much that's implausible about the entire thing. I posted a rant about it in the Dexter thread, the last season it was on.

Why did Desmond lie to Charley about Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter? Is he that selfish about his desire to get to Penny? There is another course correction coming, since the ONLY important thing he was to have done is push the button.

Considering that "everyone" has to go back, that will probably include Aaron, and thus, at some point, both of them will go back on a helicopter?

However, once Ben does come back, he will quickly discover the existence of the Oceanic 6, and therefore knows he can use them to return. Because if I'm not mistaken, he says to Jack that "we" have to go back, which would include himself, and appear to contradict what he told Locke before leaving.

It is obvious to me that Ben desperately wants to get back to the island....when speaking to Jack ..he at 1st says "you have to all go back" then when he refers again to going back he says "we"....there is no doubt in my mind that he will weasel himself back to that island!

At the very least, good editing and/or good special effects, for sequences which demand them. The sequences you're referencing had neither. The compositing on that explosion reminded me of something from a CGI Saturday morning cartoon... This finale looked like a TV program

This I have to agree with. I was surprised at how obviously fake the explosion looked - it looked rather amateurish, and made it hard for me to take Sun's grief as seriously as I should have.

Claire is just so damned cute.

It sucks that she's dead.

I read somewhere that Lindelof and Cuse are going to add the material they had to cut from this season onto the next two upcoming seasons.

Sounds like the epic season 6 will be super-sized...possibly approaching 25 or 26 episodes? Maybe, I don't know.

Anyway, uhhhhh, yeah, LOST rules.

I read somewhere that Lindelof and Cuse are going to add the material they had to cut from this season onto the next two upcoming seasons.

Sounds like the epic season 6 will be super-sized...possibly approaching 25 or 26 episodes? Maybe, I don't know.

Seasons 4, 5 & 6 were slated for 16 episodes each...so the "lost" episodes to the writers' strike amount to basically 2...so you'll likely see 17 in each of 5 and 6, no way you get 25 or 26.

I'd love to know how many of the remaining episodes the writers have planned, broadly at least. There seems to be quite a few plot threads that you guys have mentioned that haven't shown up yet (like wtf is up with Libby?)

Anyway, just watched all six episodes back-to-back (can't stand waiting a week between eppies) and I was impressed. I loved the way they handled the flash-forwards, gradually bringing them back to the 'current' time in the show and offering up real plot development rather than just the usual character development of the flashbacks. Not that character development is bad, but with a show like this plot is always good to have.

I'm a bit annoyed that Michael was killed off, with so much fuss made about him returning. He was around for what, the last 8 episodes? Shame. And poor Jin! We all knew he had to die after Sun's flash-forward a couple of months ago but it was sooner than I'd expected.

Funny how Sawyer just managed to lose his shirt in the swim back to shore.

I agree that the finale wasn't up to standard, but oddly enough it felt more satisfying than others as it leaves the show at a natural break rather than a frustrating "OMG what happens next?" kind of cliffhanger. I do hope that we still get a lot of island action right from the off in season 5, focussing on the Oceanic 6 + Ben could get old pretty quick like the start of season 3, plus I really want to know what's going on with the islanders anyway.

T-minus 12 months till I let myself find out...

This I have to agree with. I was surprised at how obviously fake the explosion looked - it looked rather amateurish, and made it hard for me to take Sun's grief as seriously as I should have.

The reason I probably didn't pay much attention to the CGI cheese (besides the fact that it was just one of many events) was because of the actress who plays Sun and her gutteral and quite honestly amazing wailing. That was impressive and believable.

It really was a revelation for her, I think, as I've never considered her much of an actress but perhaps it's just because her role has been pretty limited.

Why did Desmond lie to Charley about Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter? Is he that selfish about his desire to get to Penny? There is another course correction coming, since the ONLY important thing he was to have done is push the button.

Now, I believe Charlotte, Miles, and Daniel have been on the Island before. I believe that they are working for Widmore. Locke has to move the idland to save the Island again, and that is the turmoil that occurs after Jack leaves the Island.

Maybe??????:waiting:

Des also said sometimes his visions are wrong. He was able to change his vision several times with Charlie through his intervention.

I believe that Char, Miles and Dan are some of the Dharma Initiatives offspring raised off the island. They may want to return to the island to see what happened to there parents. Once they found out Ben was responsible they sought out there revenge. I remember Ben trying to shot Charlotte upon site!

I'm a bit annoyed that Michael was killed off, with so much fuss made about him returning. He was around for what, the last 8 episodes? Shame. And poor Jin! We all knew he had to die after Sun's flash-forward a couple of months ago but it was sooner than I'd expected.

I don't think this is the last we will see of Micheal. He may be the only one able to convince his son Walt to go back to the island.

I also want to Hurley to find out about Libby already knowing him from the mental hospital and selling Desmond the boat that got him to the island. For some reason I think this would help Hurley's fragile state of mind.

I honestly don't think Jin was killed he will probaby be rescued by Daniel and the small boat, unless they were also taken with the island, but I just don't see them killing a main character like that.

I honestly don't think Jin was killed he will probaby be rescued by Daniel and the small boat, unless they were also taken with the island, but I just don't see them killing a main character like that.

I think he is gone, however on LOST even the dead can return if there is unfinished business. In saying that I also believe Claire is dead. But as you can see she is not gone for good.

No one hurt me, I got bashed when I said Claire was dead on another fourm.:uhoh:

What I meant is there could be better ways to kill Jin, I wasn't saying he was to important to the show to be killed, I do think Jack will be killed at some point by the last season and he is the main character.

toon203fw0.jpg

I tend to agree with you (not the main character part, but the rest). I think he was far enough away from the explosion that he could have conceivably survived. I think there are ways to explain his rescue, such as you suggested, that he was picked up by Daniel et al, and that they got shifted along with the island. Plus, they needed Sun to believe that he's dead as motivation for her going after Widmore. Finally, I think it would pack a hell of an emotional wallop for the two of them to be reunited once the O6 return to the island.

Not saying I'm completely right, but I can easily see the scenario playing out this way.

I saw the finale on cable last monday

it wasn't really climatic, but it was realistic... I'm talking about THAT reunion. I cried with Desmond and Penny... real tears, not one tear escaping from my eye, no, real tears... and I'm not supose to cry for things like that. Because it felt real, no build up, like it really should be.

I LOVED the finale, but I still wander...

maybe Faraday rescued Jin... remember how the Doc appeared dead on the island before he was killed?

are Rose and Bernard alive?

what's up with the 4 toe statue?

and most importantly... why's Locke's casket so small??? (that was something we all noticed last season, and thought it was Ben because of it)

BEST
SHOW
EVER
:drool:

I saw the finale on cable last monday

it wasn't really climatic, but it was realistic... I'm talking about THAT reunion. I cried with Desmond and Penny... real tears, not one tear escaping from my eye, no, real tears... and I'm not supose to cry for things like that. Because it felt real, no build up, like it really should be.

I LOVED the finale, but I still wander...

maybe Faraday rescued Jin... remember how the Doc appeared dead on the island before he was killed?

and most importantly... why's Locke's casket so small??? (that was something we all noticed last season, and thought it was Ben because of it)

BEST
SHOW
EVER
:drool:

faraday better still be alive. isnt he just in the middle of nowhere?

I think he and the rest of the losties are still alive. Where are they physically is the question. I hope Faraday is as smart as I think he is and can figure it out. I keep running across discussion about "exotic matter" and how it would relate to what Faraday and crew would be experiencing. If anyone can figure out what that means let me know.

Did you guys know they are going to start running this on Sci Fi (in the U.S.) in syndication starting this September? In 4 episode blocks (4 hours) on Monday Nights. Should be awesome for people who don't have the DVD sets or always wanted to start watching it but didn't want to drop $50 a pop for the DVD's.

Here is the conventional wisdom from the theories I've read.
Faraday is alive and was 'moved' with the Island. Jin is dead.

When the helicopter left the freighter it began heading in the 305 bearing right towards the Island. Then the frozen wheel is pushed ,the noise begins. You see a shot of Daniel on the raft reacting to the noise, boom, the Island disappears. The helicopter is further out than Daniel and is not moved. Neither is the Freighter because the Freighter (or what is left of it, like a floating Jin) is not moved. So the helicopter runs out of gas, crashes and then they end up in the life raft. In broad daylight in the vicinity of that 305 bearing, for who knows how long and they are finally rescued at night, after hours and hours had presumably passed. Jin never showed up. So he had to have moved w/the Island, if he were alive.

So if Jin were rescued by Daniel, he would have been on that raft when we saw Daniel react to the Island's movement (during the freaky noise event). Because Daniel just took a trip in sapce/time. So Jin has to be dead, methinks. Farady is alive because he is the science vehicle of the show. He has a ton of storyline left and quite frankly Jin was useless other than sentinmental attachment to a familiar face. His story arc was pretty much wrapped up when he got Sun off the Island carrying his baby.

Besides this, with Penny Widmore, Richard Alpert and Charles Widmore, you've got a great chance that at least two of these characters (if not all 3) will be made full time cast members. So they probably just made room as well. Bye bye to Michael and Jin, hello Richard and one or both of the Widmores. Nothing says they couldn't keep them all but considering the dip in ratings that all series tend to see as they go on, budgets probably get tighter as well, you'd have to think. Furthermore, besides that, they pretty well telegraphed the event. Sure we've seen stranger things happen and if Jin were shown to be alive it wouldn't shock me but I'm betting he's dead.

Bernard and Rose are presumably just as alive as the rest stuck on the Island.
I don't know why they wouldn't be.

The 4 toed statue was supposed to lead into a deeper Dharma backstory in Season 3 but the ABC executives were spooked by it being too weird. I think with the introduction of the frozen wheel and the hieroglyhpics down there, the door than Ben ran into to unleash the smoke monster (as well as everything else), Daniel, Miles and Charlotte (and maybe Juliet etc. ) are going to be exploring the Island all over again. This time, hopefully with crazy pants Faraday telling us what is what. At least that's kind of what I hope.

In other words, they (the ABC asshole execs) can't put it off any longer.
The other idea is that they've had to dwell on storylines concerning relationships moreso because that's the pull for the majority of their audience. So with Daniel and Charlotte having a nice little Island affair and maybe even Juliet and Sawyer, they can tell those stories through them. Juliet flashbacks and Daniel/Charlotte flashbacks.

Back
Top Bottom