MERGED--> Lost Season 4 - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #976
Refugee

Local Time: 10:34 PM
I honestly don't think Jin was killed he will probaby be rescued by Daniel and the small boat, unless they were also taken with the island, but I just don't see them killing a main character like that.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #977
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 08:34 PM
They killed Charlie.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #978
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
They killed Charlie.
And Boone, and Shannon, and Eko, and Ana Lucia, and Michael, and...

Nobody's safe...

in season 1, Boone was a bigger character than Jin, season 2 Eko and Ana Lucia were bigger characters than Jin...he's a goner.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #979
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:34 PM
Ecko is larger than life. Ecko is life.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #980
Blue Crack Supplier

Someone just pointed out to me that the name of the funeral parlor where "Bentham" was laid out is an anagram for "flash forward." Pretty cool!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #981
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Ecko is larger than life. Ecko is life.

You can SAY IT AGAIN, brotha
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #982
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
I honestly don't think Jin was killed he will probaby be rescued by Daniel and the small boat, unless they were also taken with the island, but I just don't see them killing a main character like that.
I think he is gone, however on LOST even the dead can return if there is unfinished business. In saying that I also believe Claire is dead. But as you can see she is not gone for good.

No one hurt me, I got bashed when I said Claire was dead on another fourm.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #983
Refugee

What I meant is there could be better ways to kill Jin, I wasn't saying he was to important to the show to be killed, I do think Jack will be killed at some point by the last season and he is the main character.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #984
Blue Crack Addict

Old 06-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #985
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hell yes!That's the truth too
Old 06-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #986
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
I tend to agree with you (not the main character part, but the rest). I think he was far enough away from the explosion that he could have conceivably survived. I think there are ways to explain his rescue, such as you suggested, that he was picked up by Daniel et al, and that they got shifted along with the island. Plus, they needed Sun to believe that he's dead as motivation for her going after Widmore. Finally, I think it would pack a hell of an emotional wallop for the two of them to be reunited once the O6 return to the island.

Not saying I'm completely right, but I can easily see the scenario playing out this way.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #987
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:34 AM
I saw the finale on cable last monday

it wasn't really climatic, but it was realistic... I'm talking about THAT reunion. I cried with Desmond and Penny... real tears, not one tear escaping from my eye, no, real tears... and I'm not supose to cry for things like that. Because it felt real, no build up, like it really should be.

I LOVED the finale, but I still wander...

maybe Faraday rescued Jin... remember how the Doc appeared dead on the island before he was killed?

are Rose and Bernard alive?

what's up with the 4 toe statue?

and most importantly... why's Locke's casket so small??? (that was something we all noticed last season, and thought it was Ben because of it)

BEST
SHOW
EVER
Old 07-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #988
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepokiss View Post
I saw the finale on cable last monday

it wasn't really climatic, but it was realistic... I'm talking about THAT reunion. I cried with Desmond and Penny... real tears, not one tear escaping from my eye, no, real tears... and I'm not supose to cry for things like that. Because it felt real, no build up, like it really should be.

I LOVED the finale, but I still wander...

maybe Faraday rescued Jin... remember how the Doc appeared dead on the island before he was killed?

and most importantly... why's Locke's casket so small??? (that was something we all noticed last season, and thought it was Ben because of it)

BEST
SHOW
EVER
faraday better still be alive. isnt he just in the middle of nowhere?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #989
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I think he and the rest of the losties are still alive. Where are they physically is the question. I hope Faraday is as smart as I think he is and can figure it out. I keep running across discussion about "exotic matter" and how it would relate to what Faraday and crew would be experiencing. If anyone can figure out what that means let me know.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #990
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Did you guys know they are going to start running this on Sci Fi (in the U.S.) in syndication starting this September? In 4 episode blocks (4 hours) on Monday Nights. Should be awesome for people who don't have the DVD sets or always wanted to start watching it but didn't want to drop $50 a pop for the DVD's.

Quote:

Here is the conventional wisdom from the theories I've read.
Faraday is alive and was 'moved' with the Island. Jin is dead.

When the helicopter left the freighter it began heading in the 305 bearing right towards the Island. Then the frozen wheel is pushed ,the noise begins. You see a shot of Daniel on the raft reacting to the noise, boom, the Island disappears. The helicopter is further out than Daniel and is not moved. Neither is the Freighter because the Freighter (or what is left of it, like a floating Jin) is not moved. So the helicopter runs out of gas, crashes and then they end up in the life raft. In broad daylight in the vicinity of that 305 bearing, for who knows how long and they are finally rescued at night, after hours and hours had presumably passed. Jin never showed up. So he had to have moved w/the Island, if he were alive.

So if Jin were rescued by Daniel, he would have been on that raft when we saw Daniel react to the Island's movement (during the freaky noise event). Because Daniel just took a trip in sapce/time. So Jin has to be dead, methinks. Farady is alive because he is the science vehicle of the show. He has a ton of storyline left and quite frankly Jin was useless other than sentinmental attachment to a familiar face. His story arc was pretty much wrapped up when he got Sun off the Island carrying his baby.

Besides this, with Penny Widmore, Richard Alpert and Charles Widmore, you've got a great chance that at least two of these characters (if not all 3) will be made full time cast members. So they probably just made room as well. Bye bye to Michael and Jin, hello Richard and one or both of the Widmores. Nothing says they couldn't keep them all but considering the dip in ratings that all series tend to see as they go on, budgets probably get tighter as well, you'd have to think. Furthermore, besides that, they pretty well telegraphed the event. Sure we've seen stranger things happen and if Jin were shown to be alive it wouldn't shock me but I'm betting he's dead.

Bernard and Rose are presumably just as alive as the rest stuck on the Island.
I don't know why they wouldn't be.

The 4 toed statue was supposed to lead into a deeper Dharma backstory in Season 3 but the ABC executives were spooked by it being too weird. I think with the introduction of the frozen wheel and the hieroglyhpics down there, the door than Ben ran into to unleash the smoke monster (as well as everything else), Daniel, Miles and Charlotte (and maybe Juliet etc. ) are going to be exploring the Island all over again. This time, hopefully with crazy pants Faraday telling us what is what. At least that's kind of what I hope.

In other words, they (the ABC asshole execs) can't put it off any longer.
The other idea is that they've had to dwell on storylines concerning relationships moreso because that's the pull for the majority of their audience. So with Daniel and Charlotte having a nice little Island affair and maybe even Juliet and Sawyer, they can tell those stories through them. Juliet flashbacks and Daniel/Charlotte flashbacks.

Tags
lost