MERGED--> Lost Season 4 - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2008, 07:46 PM   #961
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
Still, I must again utter the refrain: John Locke is dead. I am happy. I can't be anything but.

Well, you'll likely be seeing him in a good portion of next season's episodes (I'm guessing it will be at least 3/4 through the season until we catch up to his real world Oceanic 6 visits and death), and it's not inconceivable that returning his body to the island might bring him back to life, or into some kind of Obi-Wan's ghost state.

So don't be too happy!

Old 05-31-2008, 07:46 PM   #962
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Yeah, that's the one. Very interesting stuff, though I can't enjoy it without making it too academic/theoretical. On which network is that show broadcast...?
In the US, it's on Showtime. Here in Canada, it premiered on The Movie Network (our version of HBO), and then after that run, appeared on one of our regular networks.

The funny thing is, when I'm as critical about a show as I am about Dexter, like I said, I pretty much always just figure that it's not my cup of tea, and I stop watching it. With this one, I can't NOT watch it, for some reason, despite there being so much that's implausible about the entire thing. I posted a rant about it in the Dexter thread, the last season it was on.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:34 PM   #963
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
Why did Desmond lie to Charley about Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter? Is he that selfish about his desire to get to Penny? There is another course correction coming, since the ONLY important thing he was to have done is push the button.
Considering that "everyone" has to go back, that will probably include Aaron, and thus, at some point, both of them will go back on a helicopter?
Old 05-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #964
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
However, once Ben does come back, he will quickly discover the existence of the Oceanic 6, and therefore knows he can use them to return. Because if I'm not mistaken, he says to Jack that "we" have to go back, which would include himself, and appear to contradict what he told Locke before leaving.

It is obvious to me that Ben desperately wants to get back to the island....when speaking to Jack ..he at 1st says "you have to all go back" then when he refers again to going back he says "we"....there is no doubt in my mind that he will weasel himself back to that island!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #965
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
At the very least, good editing and/or good special effects, for sequences which demand them. The sequences you're referencing had neither. The compositing on that explosion reminded me of something from a CGI Saturday morning cartoon... This finale looked like a TV program
This I have to agree with. I was surprised at how obviously fake the explosion looked - it looked rather amateurish, and made it hard for me to take Sun's grief as seriously as I should have.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #966
Blue Crack Addict

Claire is just so damned cute.

It sucks that she's dead.

I read somewhere that Lindelof and Cuse are going to add the material they had to cut from this season onto the next two upcoming seasons.

Sounds like the epic season 6 will be super-sized...possibly approaching 25 or 26 episodes? Maybe, I don't know.

Anyway, uhhhhh, yeah, LOST rules.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:44 AM   #967
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post

I read somewhere that Lindelof and Cuse are going to add the material they had to cut from this season onto the next two upcoming seasons.

Sounds like the epic season 6 will be super-sized...possibly approaching 25 or 26 episodes? Maybe, I don't know.

Seasons 4, 5 & 6 were slated for 16 episodes each...so the "lost" episodes to the writers' strike amount to basically 2...so you'll likely see 17 in each of 5 and 6, no way you get 25 or 26.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #968
Neon Zebra

Seasons five and six are scheduled for 17 episodes.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #969
Blue Crack Addict

Damn!!!

Way off, I was.

Maybe we can somehow convince them to make it 25 or 26 episodes?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #970
Neon Zebra

Yeah, don't I wish.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #971
Refugee

Local Time: 12:57 AM
I'd love to know how many of the remaining episodes the writers have planned, broadly at least. There seems to be quite a few plot threads that you guys have mentioned that haven't shown up yet (like wtf is up with Libby?)

Anyway, just watched all six episodes back-to-back (can't stand waiting a week between eppies) and I was impressed. I loved the way they handled the flash-forwards, gradually bringing them back to the 'current' time in the show and offering up real plot development rather than just the usual character development of the flashbacks. Not that character development is bad, but with a show like this plot is always good to have.

I'm a bit annoyed that Michael was killed off, with so much fuss made about him returning. He was around for what, the last 8 episodes? Shame. And poor Jin! We all knew he had to die after Sun's flash-forward a couple of months ago but it was sooner than I'd expected.

Funny how Sawyer just managed to lose his shirt in the swim back to shore.

I agree that the finale wasn't up to standard, but oddly enough it felt more satisfying than others as it leaves the show at a natural break rather than a frustrating "OMG what happens next?" kind of cliffhanger. I do hope that we still get a lot of island action right from the off in season 5, focussing on the Oceanic 6 + Ben could get old pretty quick like the start of season 3, plus I really want to know what's going on with the islanders anyway.

T-minus 12 months till I let myself find out...
Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #972
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
This I have to agree with. I was surprised at how obviously fake the explosion looked - it looked rather amateurish, and made it hard for me to take Sun's grief as seriously as I should have.
The reason I probably didn't pay much attention to the CGI cheese (besides the fact that it was just one of many events) was because of the actress who plays Sun and her gutteral and quite honestly amazing wailing. That was impressive and believable.

It really was a revelation for her, I think, as I've never considered her much of an actress but perhaps it's just because her role has been pretty limited.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #973
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskin View Post
Funny how Sawyer just managed to lose his shirt in the swim back to shore.

I was kinda hoping he would have lost his pants in the swim too!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #974
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
Why did Desmond lie to Charley about Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter? Is he that selfish about his desire to get to Penny? There is another course correction coming, since the ONLY important thing he was to have done is push the button.

Now, I believe Charlotte, Miles, and Daniel have been on the Island before. I believe that they are working for Widmore. Locke has to move the idland to save the Island again, and that is the turmoil that occurs after Jack leaves the Island.

Maybe??????
Des also said sometimes his visions are wrong. He was able to change his vision several times with Charlie through his intervention.

I believe that Char, Miles and Dan are some of the Dharma Initiatives offspring raised off the island. They may want to return to the island to see what happened to there parents. Once they found out Ben was responsible they sought out there revenge. I remember Ben trying to shot Charlotte upon site!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #975
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskin View Post

I'm a bit annoyed that Michael was killed off, with so much fuss made about him returning. He was around for what, the last 8 episodes? Shame. And poor Jin! We all knew he had to die after Sun's flash-forward a couple of months ago but it was sooner than I'd expected.

I don't think this is the last we will see of Micheal. He may be the only one able to convince his son Walt to go back to the island.

I also want to Hurley to find out about Libby already knowing him from the mental hospital and selling Desmond the boat that got him to the island. For some reason I think this would help Hurley's fragile state of mind.

Tags
lost