MERGED--> Lost Season 4 - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #931
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:56 PM
Maybe I didn't have the expectations that everyone else did, or maybe it's because I haven't followed it religiously since day 1 and caught up with it late, but I liked last night's espisode. I mean, I was hooked, although I agree Desmond & Penny's reunion was anti-climactic, as well as the coffin "revelation."

I enjoyed Ben's time traveling bunny moment.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #932
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:56 PM
I liked it a lot, too. Considering that we already knew the end result, and that all they had to do was fill in the details to show us how they got to that result, they still managed to included some surprises and unexpected things.

Sun's conversation with Widmore - some people on another site I was reading seem to overwhelmingly feel that she's trying to align with Widmore in order to seek revenge for Jin being killed, and that the object of that revenge is probably Ben. I didn't see it that way at all. Rather, I thought that she might have been attempting to trick Widmore into believing that she and he share common interests and that she wanted to align with him so that she could get Widmore himself. I guess it depends on who the second person is that she blames for Jin's death. Some think it's Jack, but I don't see how it could be him, since he was no more to blame than the other people on the helicopter, and especially Frank, the one who actually flew it away. She would have no way of knowing that it was Ben who killed Keamy, so I can't see it being Ben. But she would know by that time that the freighter belonged to Widmore, and that he was the one who set the entire mission up.

The reason I said that I don't think Jin is dead is because I'm always suspicious on this show unless we're shown a body. I deluded myself for two weeks that Rousseau was still alive. It's very likely that by the time the explosion occurred, Jin was in the area of the boat that wasn't blown to smithereens. I was thinking that maybe Jin was found by Faraday and crew, but that seems pretty impossible. Maybe he was able to grab some sort of flotation device and float back to the island? Imagine the impact of a Jin - Sun reunion when the O6 make it back to the island. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #933
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:56 PM
Why did the island let Locke kill himself?

Did anyone see the 2 alternate endings on GMA this morning? I missed it.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #934
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post

YouTube - LOST Season 4 Finale-Alternate Endings
Old 05-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #935
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post

I don't think Locke killed himself. When Sayid was talking to Hurley, he said "They say he" killed himself - which made it sound like Sayid didn't believe it at least.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #936
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:56 AM
Back to the guy on the plane.

There was the lady

a pilot and co-pilot in the cockpit

the oceanic 6 with the lady again in the cargo hold
and some guy in jumpsuit with a bald head in the cargo hold?, too

well, 'some guy with bald head in jumpsuit' is barely seen (but just enough) when they deplane out the back to family members

"some bald guy in jumpsuit" looks a lot like John Locke

of course he would have to sneak back
because a guy with a 'broken spine" can not walk
Old 05-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #937
Blue Crack Addict

The alternate ending with Sawyer in the coffin is funny.

It almost looks like he's smiling.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #938
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:56 AM
See John on plane. \/

4x12-00141_.jpg (image)
Old 05-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #939
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't think Locke killed himself, either.

It can't be Locke on the plane. If it was, how would he know that "bad things" had happened on the island in the ensuing 3 years? There was a lightened picture of that scene that showed the person wearing a head-set. It was just a crew member.

Okay, since last night, we've (my daughter and I) found a theory about something on the show, one that explains a hell of a lot. Since then we've been discussing it off and on, and we cannot come up with any points to discount the theory, but we've come up with many more points that seem to verify its likelihood.

There don't seem to be any hard and fast rules regarding the discussion of speculation around here. Is it okay to post and discuss it in this thread? I'd like to hear what you all think about it, and see if any of you can find flaws in it.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #940
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I liked it a lot, too. Considering that we already knew the end result, and that all they had to do was fill in the details to show us how they got to that result, they still managed to included some surprises and unexpected things.
You see, the problem is that that's not "all they had to do." You (or I, anyway) can't excuse a messy, almost entirely bland episode simply because it set the bar so low that it couldn't do anything but clear it, even if clumsily. A lack of ambition or entertaining goals isn't an excuse for a lack of entertainment or well-plotted, well-staged drama. Simply having to "fill in the details" is garbage. That's not good TV--it's a cop-out, and it's a way to cover up a lack of riveting ideas.

The Season 2 finale was, for me, easily the best single episode in the history of the series. The Season 3 finale was very good, but hardly great, until the last 10 minutes, when it helped people to forgot how much time had been sort of wasted, over the last 70 minutes, by giving them something so shocking that it was of course going to be the only thing they could remember. A good episode, but I don't think it holds a candle to the jaw-dropping Season 2 finale. The Season 1 finale was a stunner, I thought. Much better than the good Season 3 finale, as a whole, and a hell of a lot more suspenseful (as were several of the last few episodes) than just about anything the show has done, subsequently. For me, the Season 4 finale was an on-screen abortion.

The best part was knowing (as I think most people did--didn't need spoilers to figure this one out, even if you hadn't been sure, by the time the episode started, as they gave it away two minutes in that whoever told Jack to lie was the one in the coffin...sigh) that Locke is dead. If he stays dead, I'll be back on board forever, with this show. Hot shit, do I hate that boring-as-fuck, dreadfully written character. Quinn's not a bad actor, I guess, and I feel for the guy, having to deal with laughable plot devices like an evil, con artist father who steals your kidney, randomly pushes you out of a window, and paralyzes you, or the maleficent orange farmers of doom. Ugh. Kudos to the guy for trying, but I'd rather not have to see anything like that, ever again. The effort, in this case, simply isn't enough. One-trick pony--seem desperate/hurt, smirk, shrug, and say something about destiny, and you're John Locke in 99% of the situations, on this show. I cried, earlier this season, when the gun whose trigger Jack pulled was empty. Oh, that sucked!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #941
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
You see, the problem is that that's not "all they had to do." You (or I, anyway) can't excuse a messy, almost entirely bland episode simply because it set the bar so low that it couldn't do anything but clear it, even if clumsily. A lack of ambition or entertaining goals isn't an excuse for a lack of entertainment or well-plotted, well-staged drama. Simply having to "fill in the details" is garbage. That's not good TV--it's a cop-out, and it's a way to cover up a lack of riveting ideas.
To me it was good television. While it may not have been as fast-paced as many of the episodes this season, it showed us what happened, answered a few questions, and set up events for next season nicely. If I were as critical as you seem to be, I probably would have stopped watching long ago. I tend to tune out of shows that bug me.* Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

*Although now that I think of it, there is one show that I'm critical of, many aspects bug the shit out of me, and yet I'm oddly compelled to continue watching - Dexter. So yeah, I obviously have no room to talk.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #942
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I don't think Locke killed himself. When Sayid was talking to Hurley, he said "They say he" killed himself - which made it sound like Sayid didn't believe it at least.
Interesting. . .What the hell happens to him?

All in all, I enjoyed the episode.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #943
ONE
love, blood, life

they were talking about this jeremy dude throughout the episode and it turned out to be Locke but then i totally forgot what they even said about him lol

but now theyre off the island and they have 3 seaons left? isnt that going to be pretty boring/lame......and what happened to Dan!?!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #944
Blue Crack Addict

Two seasons left, and shortened ones at that, but spread out until 2010.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:39 PM   #945
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I love how each season is sort of a story unto itself as well as a part of the larger story. A lot of little things that highlighted this episode for me:

I especially liked the emphasis on the Jack/Science v. Locke/Faith theme. That's been around since Season One and is one of my absolute favorite character dynamics/themes of the show.Locke. His character has come full circle. Aside from the coffin issue When he was pleading for the safety of the people on the freighter and talking to Jack about miracles - I thought it was perfect. He has had a great arc, with both highs and lows. The smile on his face when he joined the Others was perfect! Not sure what to make of his apparent demise, but I don't think for a second he is off the show.

Jin's last moments where the saddest part for me... Poor Sun, I knew he was dying but I did not expect it like that? I am glad Michel and he made peace.- Sun. Her acting when the freighter blew up, as well as her scene with Widmore. Does anyone else think that she might be the Economist?

Hurley gets a visits very often both living and dead. It was nice to see Walt and his actual age now. Now his age is appropriate. How neat is that! It's been three years since he left the show and he visits Hurley three years in the future. I'm curious if he will have more of a role now that his age can be explained a bit. I was waiting for him to ask Hurley for his $83K that he won playing backgammon. lol

Hurley mentioning Eko was music to my ears.That is what I love about LOST you can be dead but not completely gone.

The frozen donkey wheel. I know some are complaining about this and think it is lame, but thought it was pretty cool. We've seen evidence of previous civilization on the Island and I believe this is some remnant of that.

Sayid vs Keamy...That by itself made for an awesome finale! Watching Sawyer emerge from the ocean was almost as visually stunning as watching the island disappear.

I wonder where did Faraday's group end up? Are they lost at sea now?

- The Oceanic 6. I loved how all season the 6 members were never together. Even in part 1 they would come together and separate. I'm sure this was intentional and it worked for me. When they were finally all together, it was amazing. At first, I was worried about Desmond and Frank - I was wondering what was going to happen to them.

All in all, I really thought this was a great finale to a great season. You can tell the show is cruising towards it's end game. The show has opened up so much more each season to reveal its mythology and I am still enjoying the ride. I can't wait to see what they do next year!

Tags
lost