MERGED--> Lost Season 4 - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #826
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:58 AM
Deep, I'm not being critical at all - everyone's entitled to view shows through their own perceptions and to have their own opinions - I'm just genuinely curious: why is is that Lost needs to have plausible explanations for everything for you not to be disappointed? Some of the best shows ever in the history of television have attributed events to the fantastical, why not Lost?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #827
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:58 PM
That's a fair point, shows like Twin Peaks or The Prisoner certainly left people wondering and/or confused upon their conclusion.

However, Lost certainly seems eager to bring things back to the real world, and not just geographically. From listening to the producers, it doesn't seem like they want people to be left simply with more questions.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #828
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
That's a fair point, shows like Twin Peaks or The Prisoner certainly left people wondering and/or confused upon their conclusion.

However, Lost certainly seems eager to bring things back to the real world, and not just geographically. From listening to the producers, it doesn't seem like they want people to be left simply with more questions.
I don't think that they'll leave people with more questions. I think they'll bring it back to real world as much as possible, but that some things will remain that they'll pretty much have to explain with magic, the supernatural, or science fiction. While I don't really buy, at this point, that the the people are magical, they obviously have something about them that has caused the island or one of the factions battling over the island to want them there. I think it's much easier to attribute any possible magic as being a property of the island, that maybe gets transferred to some of the people.

Funny you should mention Twin Peaks, that's one of the ones I had in mind. I'm currently rewatching it on DVD. I'm a couple of episodes into the second season. I haven't seen it since it originally aired.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #829
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

Ben seemed all defeated that Locke has seemingly usurped his position, but I don't buy that for a second. Ben still has a few more tricks up his sleeve.

So, what occurred to me is this: what if Jacob's "help me" plea to Locke is because Christian has done something to Jacob like trapping him, or something else that would prevent him from having power over the island and its inhabitants? In my scenario, Jacob is a good guy, probably the rightful ultimate power of the island, and Christian is the bad guy, inhibiting Jacob and taking over that power somehow, to exert his own (evil) will over the island, and Jacob needs help to be freed to take his power back.

I agree totally about Ben ...he seemed very defeated and unsettled in this episode...but I think he is not giving up so quickly and quietly////and on another note...he is absolutely awesome in this role...he always commands total attention when on the screen

I also find your theory about Jacob and Christian to be a very good one...Christian just seems totally evil to me ...it will be interesting to see who Jacob is..

amd obviously a lot of us are Twin Peaks fans here...hopefully Jacob will not be a "Bob" like character///that Bob gave me the damn CREEPS!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #830
Blue Crack Supplier

Well we've already seen what Ben's got going on in the flash-forwards, so he certainly hasn't given up for good.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #831
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah. I meant something more immediate that that, though. When Ben said something to the effect of "you made him think it was his idea," to Locke about Hurley, I think that's what Ben's essentially doing to Locke right now, acting as if he's conceded power to Locke when he's actually manipulating him.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:08 AM   #832
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 06:58 PM
the last thing i remember about lost was michael handing kate and sawyer and whatshisface to get his son back...

i now have absolutely no idea whats going on! hahaha

i think i just might buy the DVDS and do a huge watching session to get through it

is it as good as the first two seasons?
Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #833
Blue Crack Addict

Better, especially the end of season 3.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #834
Blue Crack Supplier

Season 3 doesn't start out very good, especially with the introductions of the new vacant & attractive cast members. But it picks up steam after the first 6 or 7 episodes.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #835
Blue Crack Distributor

I almost forgot, when Richard went in to test young John for his "special school," did anyone else think he was about to say "you're a wizard, Johnny!"
Old 05-13-2008, 05:40 PM   #836
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

well, what do you make of the H S counselor telling Locke he will never be the Hero ?
I think it's fitting. He's on Lost, not Heroes.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #837
ONE
love, blood, life

I am still on the Lilly kick. Maybe this is more of a biblical thing - John and Jesus - their mothers had the same name. Lostpedia has a biblical reference to the way John's mother told the nurse what to name him.

Still searching.

Love the Christian Sheppard idea by the way. Maybe he has Jacob trapped.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #838
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:58 AM
does anyone have any of the previous seasons on dvd that they wouldn't mind sharing?
dufrane6@msn.com
Old 05-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #839
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

If you have iTunes you can get them of there for $1.99! All the seasons are avilable. I only have season 6 and 7 on DVD.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #840
Blue Crack Distributor

Or, they should be readily available by torrent.

SO excited for tonight.

Eta - 6 and 7? Are you a time traveller too?

Tags
lost