MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unrelated mostly, but I had the WEIRDEST dream last night.

Involved me being in some bizarre-o version of Lost, where we weren't exactly on the Island, but not in the normal world either. Other people I knew form college were there, I was in some Eastern European city at one point. It was EXTREMELY disjointed and I don't remember many of the specifics, as these things often go. But at one point I think I was sitting around with some of the survivors in some house, and we were getting ready to watch Lost...yeah...and Kate kept crawling into my lap to cuddle with me, which made Jack really upset. And while I didn't mind the affection (I think we kissed once or twice...but that's getting a little too imtimate ;) ), I was distracted with some metal nail or something I got stuck deep in my thumb. Someone told me I should ask Jack to help remove it, but he was so upset by the Kate thing that I didn't want to ask him. However, we were in a bar or something at one point, and he was all teary-eyed and edgy like he always was, and I talked to him about how I didn't want her to be with me since I know you two love each other and all that jazz and how you two belong together and blah blah blah.

Then I was back in this weird European/New York hybrid city place walking back from somewhere (I think I tried to sneak into someone's apartment...) when I came across my friend Derek, who desperately wanted me to play frogger with him. But I found myself in some diner eventually (this all took place at night, and I may or may not have been with Kate and Jack at this point) where Desmond, Ben, Penny and some other person from the show were all sitting in a booth. I walk up, Ben shoots Penny in the head, and Desmond blows Ben's head clean off in the diner. I get really upset because I guess all those characters I love so much are dead and their storyline came to an end.

That was the end. But the whole intimate thing with Kate and Jack was really intricate, and felt more real than most dreams. So strange. Guess that's what happens when you get so deeply invested in characters over 4 seasons of a tv show. And it was bizarre because I've never been particularly attracted to Kate on the show, at least not since the 1st season or so. But hey, I wasn't complaining.

Awesome episode! :drool:

I must have missed something somewhere - what's the deal with Desmond vs. Ben? Was it in the preview for next week's episode? 'Cause my channel didn't show that. Going to look for it now...

It seemed like they had a commercial break every 2 minutes, which kinda got annoying after a while. :angry:

Otherwise it was fantastic. Sad to see Alex die, though. Ben's look of shock when the dude actually killed her was awesome!

ThoraSEB said:

I must have missed something somewhere - what's the deal with Desmond vs. Ben? Was it in the preview for next week's episode?

I have the same question.

That episode was like :crazy:

U2DMfan said:
Balls in mouth.

I like hot peanuts with beer.

Sawyer is the unsung hero of the whole crew.
I'd make out with him.

You weren't watching this episode with Muldfield and his brother by any chance, were you?

phanan said:

Right, this flash forward seemed to be the most recent, and the date was October 25, 2005. That is over a year after the plane crashed on the island. Through last night, they've only been on the island for 97 days through four seasons. So that means we get through an entire year or so in the remaining episodes of this season?

Doesn't make sense, unless the flash forwards continue to get closer and closer to present day, which I guess could happen.

Of course, we know there is some sort of time thing going on here as well, so maybe that plays a part.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I think that throughout the rest of this season (that's 5 more episodes?), we'll only see a few more days pass on the island, that island time will pass on the series as it always has, pretty close to around one day per episode or whatever. But the flashforwards haven't established any sort of time pattern other than the fact that they're moving in reverse chronological order. So, with the one last night being just over a year after the crash, the next one may be 9 months after, the one after that 5 months after, the one after that could be 2 months, etc, until they meet.

I have no idea how they'll go next season, if they'll flash back or forward or do away with the concept entirely (doubtful, imo).

I must have missed something somewhere - what's the deal with Desmond vs. Ben? Was it in the preview for next week's episode?

i am not so in to this
as I once was

but I can say
that both Desmond and Ben are very much aware of and have interacted with the Whitmore character

so there is the link :shrug:

Ben and Whitmore are, as far as we can tell now, the two "heads" of rival factions vying for control of the island...to put it very generically. In the last scene of this episode Ben said he was going to kill Whitmore's daughter, Penny, to avenge Alex's death....you know, Penny, Desmond's now-reunited love...thus the Ben vs. Desmond conflict.

Solid episode. A few moments of dreadful, dreadful dialogue and unintentional hamminess, but I had fun. Good stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing how this season wraps up...and pretty upset about waiting, like, another 8 months to see anything new. Fucking ridiculous, that.

Lancemc said:
Ben and Whitmore are, as far as we can tell now, the two "heads" of rival factions vying for control of the island...to put it very generically. In the last scene of this episode Ben said he was going to kill Whitmore's daughter, Penny, to avenge Alex's death....you know, Penny, Desmond's now-reunited love...thus the Ben vs. Desmond conflict.

Thanks.

I should have used my brain. :lol: I obviously knew about this, but thought there was another aspect that I had missed in the show.

Gotta love how my brain just goes on vacation when I watch this show. :D

VintagePunk said:
Well, he did go all Sayid

as Locke has done, too.

these characters are really getting blurred

it is starting to make me wonder if they are all real
or if it is just sloppy writing

deep said:

as Locke has done, too.

these characters are really getting blurred

it is starting to make me wonder if they are all real
or if it is just sloppy writing

Again, my memory may be failing me, but I can't recall a scene where Locke has used the kind of wit and rapid-fire physical movement to best an opponent the way that Sayid has done (snapping a neck with his feet will remain for quite some time as the textbook definition of badassery, IMO) and the way that Ben did in the desert scene. Shooting and throwing knives just does not measure up.

Yeah, well, even though it makes people laugh at me, I still stand by my suspicion that the viewers are actually "writing" the show.

Even more now since reading an article in USA Today last week about how the producers recently "sat down to evaluate" nearly 150 theory essays submitted by fans.

I do enjoy this show and have not missed any episodes, but find myself still scratching my head a lot...which is OK, but, when Ben unleashed that damn smoke bullshit I found myself groaning and rolling my eyes...I mean, please:| Also, after all the Claire speculation, did anyone else think she was going to bite it during the shootout this week? if she is going to die, they aren't going to make it that obvious I guess:wink:

Well like it or not, the smoke monster has been a part of the show since the beginning. As lame as it may have been to see Ben unleash it, it would have been lamer to never address it again.

I don't think Claire's going to bite it until the finale. And it wouldn't surprise me if Sawyer makes out with her first. I mean, isn't that what happened with Ana Lucia? They boned, she croaked.

My Current Theory -

Widmore was the captain of the Blackrock. He is immortal like anyone who has left the island. This is why Ben cannot kill him, just as Michael could not kill himself.

The vile vortices - are the transportation mode Ben uses to get on and off the island. He cannot control where he is going, hense the snow on his boots and the cold breath steam coming out of his mouth when he arrives in the desert.

He set up Sayid to be his hitman, I do not believe Widmore killed Noor. He wanted to get Sayid (immortal?) to do his bidding.

When he realized the rule changed he used Smokey. I do not believe Smokey is supposed to be used at Ben's every whim. It seemed he suddenly made a conscious decision to use Smokey.

It raises the question with me, if he is in control of smokey, what was the primary function of smokey? Why didn;t smokey wipe out everyone outside the barrier? Why ECKO?????? LOL

beegee said:
Yeah, well, even though it makes people laugh at me, I still stand by my suspicion that the viewers are actually "writing" the show.

Even more now since reading an article in USA Today last week about how the producers recently "sat down to evaluate" nearly 150 theory essays submitted by fans.

:drool:

lazarus said:
If no one who's been on the island can die off of it, that is a HUGE deal.

I like the theory, it's just such an absolute to work with.

As an aside, I like your theories/views. Been meaning to give say that for months. :)

On the smoke though, do you (or anyone) remember Linus saying the smoke meant nothing much, when (I think) Locke or someone grilled him on what it was? I can't really recall a time when Ben has outright lied. He hedges a lot and hides heaps of things, but when he finally says something it's usually the truth, no??
I've still got to make some time to watch this episode you're all talking about, so bear with me being a bit irrelevant.
:wink:

Look at what happened when Jack tried to kill himself. The accident happened to keep him from dying.

Now - if this is true - who is inside of the coffin? It may not have been someone who was on the island? Arrrghhhhh

Back
Top Bottom