MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aww so dramatic

wow scenes from next week - i never watch these.

claire had a lot of blush on there. i like the mad scientist dude cause i feel like he's not trying to hurt them and he has answers. but then i could be wrong.

i looooove des!
this was def. one of the better episodes
but why does it affect only certain people?

A little contrived, but whatever. The radio room is in complete shambles, but somehow in like 10 minutes Sayid is able to hook up a connection to England (or wherever Penny is). Also, the whole premise of "you have to find a constant"? Des asks if it can be a person, and Faraday is like "Uhh...I guess" but then suddenly is making rules like "No, you have to TALK to her!" Well how the fuck does he know? Rather sloppy writing.

Clearly Ben's mole on the boat is the same guy who opened the door, and isn't ready to show his face yet. Considering this episiode was the first this season to NOT end on a "Whoa!" note, they probably would have been well-served by revealing Michael right at the end (if that's who it is, and I'd put money on it at this point).

Also, there was zero progress on the island storyline this week; they could have tried to balance it a little bit better.

lazarus said:
A little contrived, but whatever. The radio room is in complete shambles, but somehow in like 10 minutes Sayid is able to hook up a connection to England (or wherever Penny is). Also, the whole premise of "you have to find a constant"? Des asks if it can be a person, and Faraday is like "Uhh...I guess" but then suddenly is making rules like "No, you have to TALK to her!" Well how the fuck does he know? Rather sloppy writing.

Clearly Ben's mole on the boat is the same guy who opened the door, and isn't ready to show his face yet. Considering this episiode was the first this season to NOT end on a "Whoa!" note, they probably would have been well-served by revealing Michael right at the end (if that's who it is, and I'd put money on it at this point).

Also, there was zero progress on the island storyline this week; they could have tried to balance it a little bit better.

Wow. Shut up, Laz! Sit back and enjoy man.

This is by far my favorite episode to date. I also have a whole new theory regarding the workings of the island, which pretty much supports everything that's happened to date in a way. Obviously I disagree with all your critiques Laz. This was far from sloppy writing. The entire communications room obviously isn't designed to handle one phone. It's not too far-fetched to believe Sayid (the fucking man) could jury-rig a single line out through the communications tower. Doesn't seem like too complicated a task given the circumstances. And Daniel said he needed to find something to care about in the "future", something he had to focus on, and obviously contact. If it were to be a person, as Desmond suggested, in order for it to work he would have to contact the person in that time period...it's not like he's suddenly insightful...it was the logical progression of his theory regarding the "constants".

And I'm glad we didn't get any needless Island exposition this episode. That dominates the majority of the episodes and that's fine. We got plenty of narrative content tonight, with a strong focus on a singular character, which is how the show functions best. The episodes they try to "balance" in the way you describe are typically the weakest of the bunch (see Episodes 1 and 2 this season).

I have to say the show reached another emotional high tonight as well with the phone call between Des and Penny. Most moved I've been so far in 3 and a quarter seasons or however long it's been.

Bravo gentlemen. Bravo.

WildHoneyAlways said:
That. was. awesome. I got a little teary at the end there.

I feel a little lame admitting it, but yeah, me too. :reject:

Dalton said:

Wow. Shut up, Laz! Sit back and enjoy man.

:up: Wow, I was so blown away tonight that none of those things even occurred to me. I just enjoyed.

I knew it was good when I looked up at the clock and was shocked to see it was 45 minutes in. It felt more like 20.

Or maybe I'm on island time. :shifty:

I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that I didn't enjoy this episode. There's hasn't been an installment I didn't like since early last season.

Lance, your explanations are all well and good, but I'm talking about how it looked from a dramatic standpoint, and the way it was written. Things just came off a bit hasty and sloppy, that's all.

I preferred the earlier Desmond episode to this one, as the Slaughterhouse Five jumping through time idea wasn't as fresh anymore, but it had a good payoff. That shot of the open sick bay door was chilling in that we have no idea what's REALLY going on with the crew of that freighter, and that interview I posted above only scares me more...

WildHoneyAlways said:
That. was. awesome. I got a little teary at the end there.

Ditto..

Although through the I love yous and such I actually started laughing.

:|

What's wrong with me? :giggle:

Loved tonights episode, and I made sure I paid attention. I farking love this show!

VintagePunk said:

Just how non-spoilery is it? :tempted:

They don't tell you anything specific, just which questions will be answered this season, and when. Such as when we will learn who completes the Oceanic 6, when we find out who's in the coffin, etc.

Excellent episode again. This season has impressed me so much. I enjoyed the fact that we weren't left on a cliffhanger this week - as much as I enjoy those, it's nice to get a break every now and then.

I too assumed it was Michael who had opened the door. A friend who I talked to right after the show was over believes that he'll show up in the last 2 minutes of the last episode this season, even though his name has appeared in the credits all the way so far.

Count me in as another who got a little misty-eyed at Desmond and Penny's conversation. I'm happy they finally re-connected.

lazarus said:
I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that I didn't enjoy this episode. There's hasn't been an installment I didn't like since early last season.

Lance, your explanations are all well and good, but I'm talking about how it looked from a dramatic standpoint, and the way it was written. Things just came off a bit hasty and sloppy, that's all.

I preferred the earlier Desmond episode to this one, as the Slaughterhouse Five jumping through time idea wasn't as fresh anymore, but it had a good payoff. That shot of the open sick bay door was chilling in that we have no idea what's REALLY going on with the crew of that freighter, and that interview I posted above only scares me more...

Nah, I totally get ya, but respectfully disagree. :D I do enjoy how we both love the show so much but share fairly different critical approaches to just about each episode. Must be a testament to the strength of its appeal.

Thinking about it more tonight, I started to have a little trouble believing some of the things we saw here actually occurred, meaning that it seemed like a dream (my pounding headache, and healthy dosage of OTC meds probably didn't help). Some really hardcore shit happened tonight, that could and likely will have some major consequences on the way the rest of this series plays out. The whole temporal manipulation is going to have a huge impact on the way we interpret these flash-forwards and such from here on out I believe... should be interesting.

And I'd be a liar if I didn't say I was weepy during the phone call with Penny. That whole scene was absolutely gorgeous, and had my heart in my throat the entire time. Desmond being easily my favorite character on this show, tonight's big event was a moment I've been waiting a long time for. So satisfying.

Who would you cast yourself as, Laz?

They kept interrupting the episode with breaking news about a local hazmat scare. As if I care during Lost. I'm going to have to download it and watch it again later.

lazarus said:
I think we need to cast Interference members as Lost characters.

Laz = Paulo.

I enjoyed last night's episode, and feel that while the story of what is happening on the Island did not get advanced, we learned enough to still have new things to think about. The cabin door left open freaked me out a little bit.

I also found the final Desmond/Penny scene to be touching. Some of us have a heart, Laz; maybe someone can pull a Jesus/Lazarus on your heart and raise it from the dead.

Back
Top Bottom