MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find myself hating this episode. It is the first episode in over three years of watching each episode about four times each.

I thought the writing was shite. The trial was rediculous - The prosecution presents the case first. Her mother should have been up before Jack. Rediculous.

I am pissed off about Charlie. Claire does not even act like he was important to her. Absolutley rediculous.

I am pissed off about Charlie because Desmond told him he saw CLaire and Aaron get off the island. It is clear that Claire did not.

-----------------------------------------------

OK what I did like - I believe Faraday has something wrong with him. He had a "caretaker". He was sent to the island to test its healing powers, plus he has the scientific background. Lewis was conducting tests on him with the cards to see if he was gettting better. There is apretty cool theory that the cards were also representative of tarot readings and in Aaron's bedroom there is a card in the picture frame indicating deceipt, theft - which makes me wonder if Kate stole Aaron from Claire for some reason.

Why does it matter to Kate if Miles knows who she is. That hole thing made no sense at all.

Anyways....... Not my favorite epsidoe.

Dreadsox said:

Why does it matter to Kate if Miles knows who she is. That hole thing made no sense at all.

She's trying to figure out what to expect when she gets back to the states, to see if her face is all over the media. That's what I got from it.

Maybe Aaron is Sawyer & Kate's baby, named in memory of Claire & her Aaron who don't make it. That would explain why Jack doesn't want to see Aaron. :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:
Maybe Aaron is Sawyer & Kate's baby, named in memory of Claire & her Aaron who don't make it. That would explain why Jack doesn't want to see Aaron. :shrug:

Does she call him 'Aaron' or 'my son' when she is talking to Jack? I can't remember. Because if she calls him 'my son' Jack would know better and your theory would make sense.

But given the age of the child I would think it's Claire's child...

I thought that this episode was average, at best, but the trailers I've seen online for next week's "The Constant" look fucking sick, son! SICK!!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Does she call him 'Aaron' or 'my son' when she is talking to Jack? I can't remember. Because if she calls him 'my son' Jack would know better and your theory would make sense.

But given the age of the child I would think it's Claire's child...

I don't believe she said either to Jack..definately not Aaron..she did not say that till the last scene....I believe I recall she just said "him" when talking to Jack

Daddysgonnapay said:
hahaha^
I enjoyed seeing sawyer in bed dressed in nothing but his skivvies:wink: :drool:

lol i didnt mind that but then i realized :mad: this is just wasting time so they dont have to reveal anything to us

Daddysgonnapay said:
I really think Michael or Walt will be 1 of the 6...I truly believe it was Michael in the casket

They were cast, we will just have to wait and c

Daddysgonnapay said:
hahaha^
I enjoyed seeing sawyer in bed dressed in nothing but his skivvies:wink: :drool:

Ditto!

When I read through this thread, I find myself having missed a wack of stuff in the episodes.. even though I've watched them.

Maybe I should stop drawing when Lost is on eh?

This is posted in Pop Candy (USA Today)

jtothed wrote:

Quick note:

The guy playing Duncan, Kate's attorney in ep "Eggtown," once played a character named Jack Shepard in the movie "Frequency."

That movie contained communicating between time periods. And there are 31 minutes unaccounted for on the island (remember the payload from last week). Interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0236495/

bonosgirl84 said:

Lostpedia is best.

4815162342 dot com is fun for little things about episodes you might have missed but overall it's just another message board full of people with far too much time on their hands.

Now I feel nosey and want to know what you're looking for :grumpy:

Thank you, Mindezballah. :kiss:

I'm looking for answers on my questions relating to the coincidences and such, links, premonitions, whatever. It's frustrating because all fans are doing is celebrating the answers we're getting. What answers?? Are we all watching the same episodes? There's only more questions! And more things keep getting forgotten! The plot has become so evolved, it's lost. LOST!

:sad:

Angela Harlem said:
Thank you, Mindezballah. :kiss:

These variations on my name crack me up and make me heart you more than I already do, if that's even possible.

We must write soon.

Enjoy your searching!

Dreadsox said:

Anyways....... Not my favorite epsidoe.

Agree about the 'soap opera like' trial. That seemed a little Bush league for typical Lost.

Agree about Claire and her apparent lack of care re:Charlie.
The writers could have fit something in.....

Desmond said he saw them getting on a helicopter, not getting off the island. Yes, parsing words but we know now that the trip to the freighter might not be an easy going ride. Also, we haven't seen a Desmond future flash in this season, another slight letdown from the writers. They had to go and introduce new characters with new backstories (annoying!!!!)

I think Faraday has a memory problem. That was the reason for the card game, a memory game and even when Jack and Kate first approach him, he struggles to think of his own name. Either that is Jeremy Davies one-note "weird guy" or he is actually supposed to act forgetful. It would also fit with having a caretaker and him reacting so strangely to the plane footage "why are you crying DAniel?" = "I don't know".

Aaron/Kate/Clare=fuck if I know but I have a guess.

If Claire were an Oceanic 6 member, and carried the baby into the real world and they saw the age of the baby and figure out that they had only been "away" for 4 months (120 days or so), and the baby was obviously over a year or so old (time is proven to be slower on the island), then this would be a huge tell of something amiss. Part of the deal, seems to me, would be that the baby couldn't go. The baby had to be made to look like it was conceived on the island, under this theory the pregnant woman might be dead (or just left behind) The group that "allows" them to leave or whatever deal they strike, they have to follow guidelines and lie.

BUT the baby can't stay because Jacob wants it. It was born on the island, it's why he thinks Ben's special (even though he doesn't know Ben wasn't born on the island, which I guess will be revealed eventually.) Also, his mother (in my theory) would be dead or left behind. There is another good reason the baby can't stay but memory is failing me now (heading to Lostpedia soon)

Assuming that Jack finds out eventually from Ben Linus or Locke (reading the files) that Claire is his sister, I'm sure he'd want to take the baby, if Claire couldn't.

Believing that Kate stole the baby is just a stretch for me. I guess you can't rule it out, that's for sure. Jack wouldn't be oblivious to this (surely?) he'd never go for it. It's his nephew. Jack and Kate, seemingly would have had to leave together and appear together and become Oceanic Six-ees.

Speaking of Aaron, this is the reason Jack doesn't want to see the baby. The constant reminder that he left his sister back on the island or that he caused her to be killed by calling the freighter in the first place etc. I just don't think the writers would blatantly insult us like that (to write that Kate stole it). They've always said to use Occam's Razor. Simple is true (at least some of the time).

OR, Aaron IS Kate and Sawyers baby, they named it after Aaron because he died. I find this a bit too cliched TV drama for my tastes and for where I think the writers would go. I think this would be an insult to diehards.

Maybe Emilie De Ravin wants to leave the show, so the writers know this and not only are they going to kill her off but they have disregarded the storyline about her Charlie feelings altogther. Pure speculation on my part.

Lastly, to sort of undercut the legs from my whole last part here about Kate/Aaron, when Kate is so curious about what Miles knows about her, I think she wants to know if she can go back to society and just blend in. If they know about her past, they might leave her behind in lieu of someone else or they might turn her in as soon as they get back before she can go on the run.

Thus, she's fishing for ideas about staying or leaving the island. If she's still a fugitive and will face certain incarceration, perhaps she might stay. Perhaps she's pregnant and can't stay or the baby would die. Perhaps she wanted to stay but had to leave to take care of a motherless Aaron. The 'Kate is/isn't pregnant' debate might have simply been "answered" in this episode, again Occam's Razor. We can speculate she is, because she does have a baby and Jack doesn't want to see it (Sawyer's kid) but I think this reaches major unjustified leaps.

I liked the episode fair enough but we seem to be getting into that territory where we know there are 44 episodes left and have hundreds of questions remaining, and they are answering 2 or 3 questions and stacking 5 or 6 more right on top. Perhaps those questions that are stacking up have been answered but they've cast so much mystery and connectivity and blah blah, it's hard to take face value.

Also, lastly MY BIG QUESTION where the fuck is Juliet when the helicopter left??? They had room for a dead body but not the woman who's been there longer than anyone but Desmond and wants to leave as bad as any? She came back with Desmond, did I miss something?

Last edited:
lazarus said:
Well, I think the reason that Jack doesn't want to see Aaron is because he's somehow responsible, or holds himself responsible for Claire's death. Perhaps he feels that he could have done more to save her but wasn't able to. It's classic Shepherd.

Also, and this is obvious, but if Kate is on probation for 10 years and can't leave the state, she's going to be in violation of that if she returns to the island with Jack post airport-scene.

I guess I should have read back further in the thread, you guys were thinking some of the same things I am.

bonosgirl84 said:

I have to keep reminding myself, too.

I wonder if he will ever know. I mean, if Claire dies (and I do not know if she does or not) then he'll never know. Assuming Jack's father is really dead he'll never find out that way, either.

The files might have the info, Ben seems to know everything else.

Locke might stumble into them and read Jack's file (his new "nemesis"). Sawyer might get nosy as well, Sawyer saw Jack's father in that bar. Didn't they talk about it way way back in Season One or Two? Maybe he finds a picture of Christain Shepard and draws the lines together? Or Claire herself finds it etc.

Of course a DNA test done by Mikhail's people (he was tasked to make the files) would prove it from the jump.

This could be Ben's last chance to get an upperhand with Jack.
His sister. That's assuming he knows, I'd bet he does.

This was the other reason I was talking about in my long ass post up there. Ben wants Aaron in able to get to Jack.

If Ben does not know, they could still draw the lines. It has to be revealed sooner than later.

OK now I'm REALLY lost (no pun intended)....

In order to try and see what the fuss is about, I watched an episode last night with John talking to Kate and they're both in a very nice apartment.

I thought they were supposed to be on a deserted island? What's going on?

Also, John wasn't one of the original passengers on the plane....how did he get there?

HELP!

AchtungBono said:

I thought they were supposed to be on a deserted island? What's going on?

Also, John wasn't one of the original passengers on the plane....how did he get there?

HELP!

They are on an island that nobody can find but it wasn't ever deserted. Go to Lostpedia.com and start reading episode synopsis' or actually the transcripts. It would be hard to floow then. Perhaps try and track down the DVD's of Season 1, 2, and 3. Best show on American televison in over a decade. (save for Carnivale, IMO)

If you don't have the time or don't want to bother, then forget about getting answers. I don't know how entertaining it would be without a relative clue.

John WAS an original passenger on the plane, who said otherwise?

The only people on the island in this Season 4, as in what is happening right now, that weren't on the plane are Ben, Juliet, Desmond and the 4 people from the freighter who just came to the Island. Ben was there from childhood, Juliet was brought there by Ben, Desmond was stranded by landing there in his sailboat. There are others who were on the island before the plane crash as well, they aren't prominent in Season 4 yet.

It's a complicated mess but it's awesometastic.
You really need to catch up for anything to make sense.

Last edited:
U2DMfan said:

They are on an island that nobody can find but it wasn't ever deserted. Go to Lostpedia.com and start reading episode synopsis' or actually the transcripts. It would be hard to floow then. Perhaps try and track down the DVD's of Season 1, 2, and 3. Best show on American televison in over a decade. (save for Carnivale, IMO)

If you don't have the time or don't want to bother, then forget about getting answers. I don't know how entertaining it would be without a relative clue.

John WAS an original passenger on the plane, who said otherwise?

The only people on the island in this Season 4, as in what is happening right now, that weren't on the plane are Ben, Juliet, Desmond and the 4 people from the freighter who just came to the Island. Ben was there from childhood, Juliet was brought there by Ben, Desmond was stranded by landing there in his sailboat. There are others who were on the island before the plane crash as well, they aren't prominent in Season 4 yet.

It's a complicated mess but it's awesometastic.
You really need to catch up for anything to make sense.

Thanks so much for the explanation.

You're right.....it's too complicated. I like shows that are simple and plots that get solved in 60 minutes...this is way too weird.

How can you STAND it??

ABC is going to start allowing Lost (and other ABC shows) on On Demand but you can't fast forward through the commercials. For now it will be on Cox and some Comcast cable.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- ABC said Monday it will release hit shows like "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" for free over video-on-demand cable services, with the hitch that viewers will have to sit through commercials without being able to fast-forward.

The Walt Disney Co., parent company of the network, is aiming to profit from ads sold for the video-on-demand offerings while expanding its digital strategy beyond programs distributed on its Web site, abc.com.

"We're trying to drive everyone back to television but very much understand that with everybody's lifestyles, they can't necessarily watch that way and we don't want to lose them altogether," Disney spokeswoman Karen Hobson said.

The announcement follows an agreement between ABC and its more than 200 affiliate stations around the country.

Affiliates had in the past limited the amount of content ABC could redistribute in nontraditional ways because of their concern about the ratings impact on stations. But the video-on-demand deal offers them a financial incentive to participate.

Under the deal, local affiliates will be able to sell one 30-second ad on the content, while ABC will sell from four to nine other commercials to national advertisers.

That amounts to two to five minutes of commercials for an hourlong program, compared with 17 minutes or more for a show on regular TV, Hobson said.

The agreement initially involves cable provider Cox Communications Inc., which has some 6 million subscribers, of which 3.1 million have digital set-top boxes that allow them to access video-on-demand services.

The deal follows a monthslong trial for Cox subscribers in Orange County. Some 93 percent of the users found the ads acceptable in exchange for the free service, the companies said.

Cox spokesman David Grabert said the customers mainly wanted more content.

"Anything we can do to bring greater convenience to our customers is better for us," Grabert said.

It's not the first time for a network to redistribute its shows for free over a cable company's on-demand service.

CBS Corp. announced a deal with Comcast Corp. in November 2005 to offer previously aired shows on-demand. It even sold new ads for the repurposed content to corporate sponsors, such as to automaker General Motors Corp. for old episodes of "CSI."

NBC Universal, a joint venture of General Electric Co. and Vivendi Universal, cut a similar deal with Comcast in March 2006, selling some prime-time programs for 99 cents at midnight following their broadcast and offering others for free.

ABC signed an on-demand deal with Comcast in November 2006 but limited its deal to seven markets that were both served by Comcast and had stations that were owned and operated by the ABC network. Monday's announcement would expand the on-demand offerings across the country.

Comcast, with 24.1 million television subscribers, including 15.2 million who can access on-demand services, said its on-demand offerings have helped reduce its churn rate, or the percentage of customers who drop or downgrade service after purchasing it.

"What we've seen is that the churn rate is cut in half when the customer subscribes to digital cable," said Comcast spokeswoman Jenni Moyer. "When that customer uses on-demand that churn rate gets cut in half again."

Such aftermarket resales of content are becoming a larger revenue stream for show creators like Disney, said Global Crown Capital analyst Martin Pyykkonen.

He expected that within a few years, such digital strategies would reach 5 percent of Disney's revenue, which topped $35.5 billion last fiscal year, at a relatively low cost.

AchtungBono said:

Thanks so much for the explanation.

You're right.....it's too complicated. I like shows that are simple and plots that get solved in 60 minutes...this is way too weird.

How can you STAND it??

The simple truth is, we don't. Stand it, I mean. It's like a smack addiction, this show. Or Pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop, maybe? This is the only show I've been dedicated to for the last 3 years and I sure as shit can't watch it week by week on tv. I have to download the US shows as soon as they're aired and then have a week or 2 of engrossing myself in back to back episodes once the season is released on dvd. The twisting and turning is just plainly addictive. It's hard to explain. It's not a brilliant show, in a broad definition of brilliant, but there's something about it. I can't explain it.

:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom