MERGED ----> kieran was leaving but is now staying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:

mmmmmm........orgy of self-indulgent, wannabe-abstract, wannabe-intellectual stream of consciousness conversations about monkeys, self-mutilation, and bloody body parts. :drool:

:huh:

alright.

i'm well aware that sometimes (more often than not) we come across as being completely out of touch/tasteless/ridiculous/etc., and i have no problem with anyone saying shit about either him or myself as a result. it's to be expected.

however

discounting his intelligence is simply wrong on your part. i cannot emphasise that strongly enough.

How are the endless stream of birthday threads and the other tripe that defines this particular forum any better than Kieran's?

I guess I just don't get what people are complaining about. To me, they're a hell of a lot better than the rest of the shit in this place.

Zoomerang96 said:

discounting his intelligence is simply wrong on your part. i cannot emphasise that strongly enough.

and i'll emphasize the difference between "intelligent" and "intellectual."

impy13 said:
How are the endless stream of birthday threads and the other tripe that defines this particular forum any better than Kieran's?

I guess I just don't get what people are complaining about. To me, they're a hell of a lot better than the rest of the shit in this place.

i really like your opinion.

Zoomerang96 said:
i really like your opinion.

lol no kidding!

What's wrong with the birthday threads? At least they make people feel good and loved round here. What's the matter impy? Did we forget your birthday? :heterosexual:sexywink::

I'm not saying the birthday threads are a good or bad thing. This forum has quickly become nothing but birthday threads, posting pictures of things, what new little internet game to play, etc.

Sometimes it's nice to have a change of pace.

Zootlesque said:
So do you not consider this as trolling of the Lemonade Stand?

I dont get why you always have to test me / argue with me.

I think you're a little confused on what trolling actually is.

"Trolling: Intentionally disrupting a forum by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information and/or hoping to get a rise out of people. "

Newsflash, Lemonade Stand is not usually used for any threads of high importance, in case you havent noticed. You're allowed to be silly, lame, annoying in this forum, as long as it is within guidelines / faqs. (i.e. no spamming of the same pictures / text a million times over and over again.. one example of trolling) When I see this kind of stuff or similar in EYKIW, that to me is trolling. It doesnt belong there.

Kieran's been a huge letdown ever since he stopped posting on his blog, though. 'Tis a shame. A shame in the sense that Frank the Monkey has been reduced to starring in comic strips as opposed to his rightful place on the throne of Kieran.

Back
Top Bottom