MERGED ---> Keith Richards Snorted His Father's Ashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:
Richards's dad is probably spinning in his grave as we speak. :tsk:

Keef didn't dipose of Dad by burying him, he did it the old fashioned way, he urned him.

(Lets see how many get that reference)

I get the John Hausman reference by the way.
Now Keith is saying it was all a joke. I think he should realize by now that anything he says is going to be taken as the truth. Quite frankly, I don't think his father would've given a shit if Keith had snorted him. I'm sure by then, he knew all about Keith's hobbies.

I don't know about in England (and I don't even know if and where Keith's father was creamated), but in America, when someone is creamated, the remains have the consistency of kitty litter, NOT fine powdery cocaine.

(My best friend is an embalmer/mortician, this is how I know this.)

So, while everyone is speculating on whether he did it, I think you should be speculating on what it would be like to snort some Johnny Cat!!! :sick:

He's of course trying to say he was only joking now. The band's publicists probably jumped all over him, but I don't know if I buy it. This is the statement posted on the Stones' official site (according to the AP): "The complete story is lost in the usual slanting! The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!!! I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

:eyebrow:

latimes.com

Snorting remark by Keith Richards doesn't sit well with Disney

April 5, 2007

Snorting a speedball of cocaine and dear old dad may be the stuff of rock 'n' roll legend but apparently it's not the sort of tale told to children at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Keith Richards' macabre remark about snorting a mixture of cocaine and the cremated remains of his deceased father may have amused music fans with its ghoulish sensibilities, but it caused a moment of alarm inside Walt Disney Studios, home to the movie marketing team behind the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

Richards has a much-anticipated cameo as Teague Sparrow, father of Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), in the hit franchise opening May 25. While drinking, womanizing and cannibalism may be comedic themes that course through the film, the real-life substance abuse and off-screen antics of "Pirates" stars are no laughing matters when it comes to marketing and publicizing one of the summer's biggest family films.

"When [a senior Disney publicist] forwarded the [Richards] story to me ... I thought, 'How are we going to spin this?' " Dennis Rice, Disney's senior vice president for publicity, said during a presentation to the media of the studio's upcoming films Wednesday morning.

As a result of Richards' remark, which was later discounted by his representatives as just a joke, it is likely that the rocker's appearances on the red carpet in support of the film will be curtailed.

"Keith won't be doing a lot of publicity for this movie," Rice added.

The Disney spokesman also addressed persistent rumors of future "Pirates" films, noting that despite reports to the contrary, no decisions have been made about the fourth, fifth or sixth films.

" 'At World's End' really is the end of the trilogy, bringing 'Pirates' 1 and 2 full circle," he said.

The sequel to "Pirates" has made more than $1 billion in worldwide box office since it was released last July.

Oh My gosh, that's rediculous...Just because Disney's making this movie, doesn't mean it's a kids movie, I mean, first off it's rated PG-13, it's not for younger kids, even though they see it, A rock star, made a rock comment, Keith Richards was already doing off the wall stuff like this as it was, this is just one of the more intense things...I'm rambling, I hope my point has been made :huh:

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but one of the Scottish band Mogwai's guitarists, Barry, posted this hilarious response; just keep in mind they usually respond to everything with harsh witt:

Keith please cease breathing.
Keith please die.

Hi everyone. I just woke up to find that average blues guitar peddlar and all round unlikeable London pirate-like arsehole Keith Richard snorted his dad's ashes on a drug binge. Well done Keith, you talentless publicity hungry horrible prick of the highest order. He then goes on to say modern bands are a load of old crap. Right, but can we really listen to the opinions of a nasal cannibal?

Keith, your band are possibly the worst band in the history of human events, worse even than Placebo and The Reynolds Girls combined. Your posh English singer sings with an American accent about a load of old American prostitutes he met once and your guitar licks are Grade F. The sooner you die the quicker my Ladbrokes bet comes in between you and McCartney you old dick. I hope you kick the bucket in the most humiliating of ways, like on the toilet and then being eaten by your own dog. Stop living and give us peace you attention seeking non relevant oxygen thief.

Barry

I didn't think Keith Richard would have been doing a ton of publicity for Disney anyway. I'm sure the role was just a blowoff
(pun unintended) for him. Of course, that would be a great scene in a Pirates movie. Johnny Depp's reactions would be priceless.

Back
Top Bottom