MERGED ---> Keith Richards Snorted His Father's Ashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
How sick is it that he was still doing drugs at 58? :huh:

Was? :huh:

Does anyone really think he's ever stopped?

I am reminded of this Denis Leary bit:

"I was reading an interview with Keith Richards in a magazine and in the interview Keith Richards intimated that kids should not do drugs. Keith Richards! Says that kids should not do drugs! Keith, we can't do any more drugs because you already fucking did them all, alright! There's none left! We have to wait 'till you die and smoke your ashes!"

Denis, he speaketh the truth.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
being keef, i wouldn't be surprised if he made the story up.

being keef, i wouldn't be surprised if it's 100% true.

thus why he's a rock god

:rockon:

I'm surprised that noone's mentioned the first option yet, Keef was winding the interviewer up :wink:

You could just burn some wood and snort those ashes, much the same thing. And you to could be just as cool as Keef:wink: after all human ashes, wood ashes, all just bits of carbon

Keef in 1989:
keith_richards_portrait.jpg

Keef in 2002, pre dad snorting:
keithrichards.jpg

Keef, 2 hours after snorting Dad:
KeithRichards.jpg

Drugs are bad, mmmkay....Ashes are worse, mmmkay.

This struck me as pretty amusing and filled me with kind of a bizarre admiration. Kind of pretty much how Keith affects me anyway.

corianderstem said:
I am reminded of this Denis Leary bit:

"I was reading an interview with Keith Richards in a magazine and in the interview Keith Richards intimated that kids should not do drugs. Keith Richards! Says that kids should not do drugs! Keith, we can't do any more drugs because you already fucking did them all, alright! There's none left! We have to wait 'till you die and smoke your ashes!"

Denis, he speaketh the truth.

:love: I :heart: Denis Leary…

Well I was watching CNN this morning and apparently Richard's publicist said this was a joke and that he was "surprised" that people took it seriously...

To which I say; this is fucking Keith Richards we are talking about here, if he said something about snorting drugs of course we are going to take him serious!

Maybe he should consider why people took it seriously..

So maybe Keith Richards isn't as hard-core as we thought he was.

Just hours after the Internet lit up with his claim that he'd snorted the ashes of his own father mixed with cocaine, his manager told MTV News that, sadly, it wasn't true. According to Jane Rose in an email message, Richard's dad-ingesting comment was "Said in jest ... Can't believe anyone took [it] seriously."

Back
Top Bottom