MERGED-->June Carter Cash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
June Carter Cash hospitalized in critical condition

June Carter Cash hospitalized in critical condition
Sunday, May 11, 2003 Posted: 9:11 AM EDT (1311 GMT)

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- Singer June Carter Cash, the wife and Grammy-winning duet partner of Johnny Cash, was hospitalized in critical condition Saturday as a result of complications from heart surgery, according to their longtime manager.

Cash, 73, had the surgery on Wednesday at Baptist Hospital to replace a valve, said Lou Robin.

He said Johnny Cash is asking everyone able to pray for his wife's recovery to do so at 10 a.m. CDT Sunday.

"June did this for him one time when he was critically ill," Robin said. "The recovery the next morning was something the doctors couldn't describe or imagine."

June Carter Cash is a singer, songwriter, musician, actress and author.

She and her husband have performed together on record and on stage, doing songs like "Jackson" and "If I Were a Carpenter," which both won Grammy awards for them in 1967 and 1970, respectively.

She also co-wrote Cash's 1963 hit "Ring of Fire," which was about falling in love with him.

I hope she makes it....if she doesn't, I'm afraid the man won't be around very long afterward :(

She's a good lady and a music icon. I pray she'll make it. I can't help thinking of her mother's song, "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" and I hope it isn't played for her anytime soon:(

:sad:

June Carter Cash tamed country music's wild man

LOS ANGELES, May 15 ? Country music singer-songwriter June Carter Cash, the wife of Johnny Cash, died in Nashville on Thursday after complications from heart surgery, a spokeswoman said. She was 73.

''She passed away this evening at 5.04 p.m. central time,'' said Jennifer Jackson, a spokeswoman at Baptist Hospital, where Cash had undergone heart surgery on May 7.

"....I'm so happy
I'm so happy,
I've just seen Jesus.
I've seen him many times before as he came by.
But he came alone today
and he touched me.....

take my hand and say you'll follow me..." June Carter Cash in the role of Mary Magdalene on "Gospel Road"

It's very sad isn't it? So many of us feel that fever , hotter than a pepper sprout.
Their's endured, a fine example to us all.
Thank you for all the music, it has resounded through my whole life.
Rest in peace, safe in his loving arms.

:(

I haven't missed many people or things in my life. But the ones I've missed...I've missed a lot.
--Gwyneth Paltrow

:(

Man, this is inexplicably sad.

Not sure about that bear, maybe.Jackson was their biggie I think

I just felt the need :hug: Mr. Cash

Attachments

• johnny&june.jpg
    johnny&june.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 28
Re: June Carter Cash Passes On

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Sad day... I only hope that The Man will hold on, but now that his wife has passed, I can only fear that it's only a matter of time :sad::sad::sad:

I know, I'm worried about that, too. I don't want to hear that news about him.

This is so sad.

It just doesn't seem right-you see her in that video for "Hurt"... and now she's gone.

My condolances to Johnny.

May June rest in peace.

:(.

Angela

U2Kitten said:
She's a good lady and a music icon. I pray she'll make it. I can't help thinking of her mother's song, "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" and I hope it isn't played for her anytime soon:(

I was thinking of that song as soon as I heard the sad news. I remember when her mother Maybelle passed away and they played it for her. This is for you June :(

Can The Circle Be Unbroken

I was standing by the window
On one cold and cloudy day
And I saw the hearse come rolling
For to carry my mother away

Can the circle be unbroken
Bye and bye, Lord, bye and bye
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky

Lord, I told the undertaker
Undertaker, please drive slow
For this body you are hauling