MERGED ----> John Frusciante solo Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
John Frusciante solo Appreciation Thread

(i looked through BC's awesome B&C - hehe, BC, B&C, ok that wasn't really funny - index and found a few chili peppers threads, but that's not really what i'm going for here)

i do think his solo stuff is far better than anything he did with the chili peppers (which was also excellent).

unfortunatly i only have the one about recording only water for 10 days, but i've heard a fair amount of all the stuff he released last year (what was it? something like 6 albums and an EP or two?), and i just got done listening to the DC EP. all 4 tracks on that are brilliant.

so who's with me?

What's it like, how does it compare? More like RHCP very last album?

no i wouldn't say it's like that. it's different.

geez, i suck at describing music. it doesn't help that this isn't exactly the easiest music to describe.

why do i feel like you and i have had this conversation before?

:huh:

Last edited:
I need to hear me some Frusciante solo stuff. I can't believe I haven't checked it out.

you guys need to hear his first 2 solo records, " like water" is when he cleaned up. you need to get ' niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt" that was when he was smaked out on heroin, and another one called " smile from the streets you hold". those are his first 2.

DeadMansParty said:
you guys need to hear his first 2 solo records, " like water" is when he cleaned up. you need to get ' niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt" that was when he was smaked out on heroin, and another one called " smile from the streets you hold". those are his first 2.

yeah, i know. can't find them, though. i suppose i could look a little harder...

john frusciante appreation thread

he is the guitarist for the red hot chili peppers. for those who don't kmow. i am big chili peppers fan. but i picked up alot of his solo stuff and its realy good. alot of it far from anything the chili peppers do musicaly. he had two solo albums in the 90's witch i never heard yet. i first got his 2001 solo album, to record only water for 10 days and realy loved it. in 2004 he released 5 albums and a ep. witch is more then the number of rhcp releases his been on! so i wondered if anyone here owns of his solo stuff. i'l write my fav songs from each album so far.

water for 10 days:
going inside
ramparts
moments you have
muderers
fallout

inside of emptyness:
what i saw (still listening to album)

will to death:
a doupt
days have turned

shadows collide with people:
carvel
ooghost27
failureobject 33
regret

a sphere in the heart:
sphere
afterglow
commiuqe
my life

curtians:
the past recedes
ascenion

dc ep:
a corner
dissolve

i'm stil listenign to all of em, thats it so far.

lol i just made this thread with a diffrent name . dam it. well i have alot of these albums and thier great. my fav overclal is sphere in the heart of slience.

they are always on ebay, the first 2, you guys really need to listen to those, then start this thread again cause we could be talking about so much more after you have heard them.

Back
Top Bottom