MERGED: Jewel Has Become Britney Spears!!! + When did Jewel...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrong

Zoomerang96 said:
SCREAMING FLOWER YOU DONT MAKE POETRY BOOKS, THUS HER BOOKS ARE BETTER THAN YOUR BOOKS!!!!!!

*taps cab two times

"Book em lou!"

how do you know, assface?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:mad:

I saw the video today.

How would I describe it?

One word : Skanky.

How would I describe the song? Madonna-wannabe.

:sigh: I just can't believe she completely did a 180 on her public persona.. She didn't have too! :sigh: Grrrr. It's sad when female superstars have to dress like that in order to get attention (for the most part).

HelloAngel said:
:sigh: I just can't believe she completely did a 180 on her public persona.. She didn't have too! :sigh: Grrrr. It's sad when female superstars have to dress like that in order to get attention (for the most part).

It's probably because her last album "bombed" compared the the 2 before it.

I too think it's too bad that someone who was talented at what they did decided to make music that they arent talented at making.

Ouch. That poetry really is bad.

And the one time I heard the song, I couldn't turn the dial. I was mesmerized by its suckiness.

Jewel = :down:

SkeeK said:
Ok... am i the only person who thought this was satire?

That's what I thought at first.. then I saw her album cover. I think the video is satire - I also think she has totally changed her image to fit the trend for female pop stars.

B00008OWZE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Does anyone remember her first video for "Who Will Save Your Soul"? She had brown hair, a guitar, and not obviously sexy clotehs on. Things sure did change for Jewel, and quickly. I guess women in the biz realize that T and A = album sales. I'm also thinking of the makeovers that happened for other stars, such as LeAnn Rimes, Shania Twain, Mandy Moore, and Faith Hill. Even when you think back on Britney and Christina's first videos, their images went from decent to slut-o-rama pretty quickly.

:reject: for knowing so much about these sucky artists.

thats some really bad poetry she wrote. i cant believe it sold at all.

and is it just me, or does she look like she got stuck in the 80's with those neon clothes?

i guess this time her INTUITION is misguiding her.

Expect marketing backlash.

theSoulfulMofo said:
i guess this time her INTUITION is misguiding her.

Expect marketing backlash.

Her last album did far less than stellar on the charts. I honestly cant believe she decided to release something that's even worse than that album was.

You're totally right, talk about some horrible "Intuition".

The video is eye-catching. Just what she needs to rejuvinate her popularity, but at what price?

She looks, as John Goodman said in 'The Big Lebowski", out of her element. She's not a dancer, so the choregraphed sequences are awkward. She's not a whore, so the outfits make her uncomfortable. I think it was a great idea to put her in some sexy clothes, but I don't think she'll continue with that imagine. It's too alien for her to fake, and she'll eventually go back to somehting more earthy.

I have to admit, she is looking really, damn, sexy in that video. I can't decide if I like the sexy version from the video or the "real" version from the video? I guess that proves she's a naturally sexy woman, huh?

Oh, yeah...and one more thing....I'd do her too! :yes:

Good for Jewel. There has been something missing in the music world in terms of pop music with the break up of some boy bands and the lack of new material from Spears, Simpson, and Moore. Jewel is giving the world what it has been sorely missing. She is filling a hole that is out there. I will wait in anticipation for Jewel to come out with her own Dirty/ Slave for You music video.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom