MERGED ----> Jack Nicholson or Robert De Niro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you prefer?

• Jack Nicholson

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Robert DeNiro

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Jack Nicholson or Robert De Niro ?

Out of these two, arguably the most iconic and acclaimed actors today, who do your prefer ?

UberBeaver said:
Nicholson is too weird and over the top for me.

Way too much now, like he was in The Departed. I think he's become a parody of himself now, and I don't think DeNiro has done that-yet.

I did like Jack in About Schmidt and As Good As It Gets-even that one with Diane Keaton, Something's Gotta Give. I still watch that every time it's on tv.

I'll have to go with Nicholson. I just can't help but love him. He's a living character. He's just as interesting in real life as he is in his films. Speaking of his films, this man is a terrific actor, either way you spin it.

I personaly hfind his performance in "As Good As It Gets" to be more rewarding and enjoyable than anything DeNiro's ever done.

My biggest gripe with DeNiro (who, don't get me wrong, is one of the finest actors ever to have lived) is that he tends to under-act too often. Know what I mean?

Lancemc said:
My biggest gripe with DeNiro (who, don't get me wrong, is one of the finest actors ever to have lived) is that he tends to under-act too often. Know what I mean?

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK.

ETA - DAMMIT E_U2_Fan....This was perfect when Lance and I were the only two here. :sigh:

I went to merge it, and I got an invalid thread ID...because sula merged it while I was trying to. :angry: :lol:

MrsSpringsteen said:
Way too much now, like he was in The Departed. I think he's become a parody of himself now, and I don't think DeNiro has done that-yet.

I did like Jack in About Schmidt and As Good As It Gets-even that one with Diane Keaton, Something's Gotta Give. I still watch that every time it's on tv.

I pretty much agree with this. Yeah, DeNiro's done some stinkers too, but doesn't seem to be a parody of himself. He can, however, poke a little fun at himself with characters like the one he played in Meet the Parents and that other Focker movie. (I hated both of them with a passion.)

Bonochick said:
I went to merge it, and I got an invalid thread ID...because sula merged it while I was trying to. :angry: :lol:

Teehee. And then I go back to fix the title and see that it's already done cuz Bonochick beat me to it. Never let it be said that mods don't work as a cohesive team. :lol:

MrsSpringsteen said:

This is exactly how I feel. Jack seems to play Jack in every role these days. The only movies i liked him in were the ones you mentioned.

DeNiro is amazing.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

where does pacino fit in?

Probably a worthy no. 3 behind these two, I think. Or Dustin Hoffman.

I think a slight nudge to Jack for me, because I think De Niro somewhat cheapened his acting by Meet the parents and Analyze this type of movies. Not that I didn't like the movies, he's just better in dramas. (I can't wait until he works with Scorsese again)

In comparison Jack works much better in a comedy like Anger management. And he did a good return to serious roles in Departed.

Like someone else said though, both are amazing actors and cinema wouldn't be the same without them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom