MERGED ----> Ivan The Terrible + Hey, Florida, you may have already won another...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The wind is starting to pick up around here. I saw a newscast from Mobile, six hours drive south of here, and it's flooded. Yikes. We're getting ready to get soaked.

We're right in the swath of the hurricane. It's currently 90 miles south of Montgomery, a two hour drive south of here on the Interstate. So it's about 170 miles southwest of Birmingham. It's losing its wind speed inland. We are currently getting hit with ferocious winds and rain. The schools and libraries are closed, so I won't be working today. The governor of Alabama said we've never had a storm like this. We'll get through this nerve-wracker. It's not fun. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

So how is everyone? It was quite a mess today in Athens. We had a tornado spotted about a mile away from the museum where I work (didn't touch down). We all huddled into the back and made friends with the museum visitors who got an unexpected tour of the inner workings of the place. The UGA admin closed campus right in the thick of things and about 20,000 people all got in their cars at the same time. It took me an hour and 15 minutes to take the 3 mile drive home. Brilliant move.
I hope everyone here made it through OK...

Hey Floridians, is it me, or is all this Hurricane shit getting real old. Actually, It got old last time, now it's not even funny. When Ivan came around, I got out of town for a week. I was only able to do that because I am without a job after Charley's wrath last month! And the day I got out of town last time, I lost my entire computer(hard drive basically gave up). Now the air conditioning at my house is not working right, and me and my brother got assaulted a couple of nights ago for doing nothing other than talking to each other! Oh yeah...it never ends, my life is sucking ass right now!!!!!!

Nate, I'm so sorry you are going through so much. :hug:

My mother just called to say that she and my dad were okay, still had their lights and it didn't look too bad so far. (They are in Pompano Beach, a 45-minute drive from West Palm Beach). But MSNBC just said this is potentially the worst storm of the four so far.

Take care, everyone! :hug:

looks like it's headed your way, HelloAngel...stay safe.
1886=the last year four hurricanes hit Florida. This doesn't happen every year!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dagnab it! I just looked at the projected path for this storm and it's going right over GA. tomorrow. The river out back is already over flood stage. I'm sure this one won't be as bad as Ivan for us since it's already down graded to a tropical storm, but still, too many hurricanes!
I hope everyone's alright in Fla.! Y'all just don't need this...:no:

Yes and it will hit right during rush hr again! And this time unlike with Ivan I will not sit in traffic praying that a power line and a tree does not snap on me. I am working only half a day tomorrow to avoid the mess.

Back
Top Bottom