MERGED --> It's Snowing in Dayton + Midwest Winter Storm - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:49 AM
I forgot how much it sucks to dig my car out of two feet of snow and move it to the other side of the street (as required by a city ordinance). Hopefully feeling will return to my legs soon

Old 02-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:49 AM
I'm digging out now. We didn't get huge amounts of snow, but got snow/freezing rain/snow so it's kind of a pain to shovel. At least there isn't much ice underneath that snow (on the walk anyway), which is good since it's not just me who has to get out (tomorrow morning) but my aunt (who has down syndrome) also. She has to walk down the steps (about 6) from the deck and then I have her sit in a wheelchair to get to the car. So I have to make a wheelchair wide path through all this crap, and then make sure I can get my car out of the driveway. My neighbours are having quite a time moving their vehicles, so it looks as if it's gonna be fun. Bleh.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
we managed fine last night although there was a lot of snow drifting and wind, I want to say we got around 3-4 inches, some areas 8+. even the commute home wasn't bad last night until I got to my apartment building and was stuck trying to get in the driveway. the back end of my car was hanging out on a very very congested street my fiance also was stuck about 5 minutes before I arrived, in the other driveway entrance/exit and he ran with his mini car shovel and tried to unbury me. definitely a moment of panic...at least for my car's sake.

my sis's latest report from Indy this morning was that she had at least thigh-high amounts of snow. eek.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4

bwaha. living in VA now, I have to concur. Our uni (where I work) was cancelled today and will be closed tomorrow too due to the freezing rain/sleet. I lived in MN for five years, so I'm looking at the two inches of white stuff and thinking that this is pretty normal, but hey...I'm salaried. If they want to give me two days off, I'm not complaining!

I guess I'm just used to the constant bombardment (not sure if I spelled that right) of snow from all my Syracuse winters, so when I read something about just some sleet and such, I almost laugh. but then again, that's just what I'm used to

2 days off, wanna switch places?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
Snow to freezing rain to snow to freezing rain here on the northside of Indy.
east side here. it's been mostly clear today, no?

IPS cancelled school again... this never happens

Lies that really sucks my school system is usually like that but for once it wasn't!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by tiny dancer
I'm trapped in my house. We have 12 inches of snow on the ground mixed with freezing rain. My snow removal guys can't plow my diveway out out until Thursday at the least. I hate this weather. Chill factors tonight are to get down to 20 below.
Do you get your driveways plowed by the city?!?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

Do you get your driveways plowed by the city?!?
How cool would that be? We spend half the day shoveling ours out, only to get up in the morning and find that the snow plows have pushed another 3-foot high, 5-foot wide mountain of snow across the mouth of the driveway.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:05 AM   #83
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:49 PM
I want to live where you do, MsPurrl.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
I guess I'm just used to the constant bombardment (not sure if I spelled that right) of snow from all my Syracuse winters, so when I read something about just some sleet and such, I almost laugh. but then again, that's just what I'm used to
Yeah, that's sort of how I felt the first time they cancelled school for snow. We had like two inches and it had stopped snowing. I can't remember a single instance in all my years at uni in MN that they even considered cancelling school for snow. And we had a lot of it. lol. That said, I got in my car thinking that it would be a piece of cake, only to find that the mechanic had been right when he told me my tires were bald. I sat there and spun my wheels and went absolutely nowhere. Thank goodness for roommates.

Quote:
2 days off, wanna switch places?
2 and 1/2 days even! Errm, no thanks! I had fun with my weekend in the middle of the week. And it's already Friday! woohoo!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MsPurrl

How cool would that be? We spend half the day shoveling ours out, only to get up in the morning and find that the snow plows have pushed another 3-foot high, 5-foot wide mountain of snow across the mouth of the driveway.
Don't you love it when that happens? Actually, the street I grew up on never gets plowed by the city, there's just too many streets here, but my dad used to plow and his friends would come and do it for us if they had time. But yeah, it always happens that you spend hours shoveling yourself out and chopping the ice (a chore we had to do with this giant, insanely heavy ice breaker made of iron), and then the plow comes by.

Around here, you want something plowed you just have to shovel it yourself. At my college house I had to shovel a double-wide driveway, plus the sidewalks and paths (required by law), and also the street in front b/c our friends would park there. It took hours but it was great exercise.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

Don't you love it when that happens? Actually, the street I grew up on never gets plowed by the city, there's just too many streets here, but my dad used to plow and his friends would come and do it for us if they had time. But yeah, it always happens that you spend hours shoveling yourself out and chopping the ice (a chore we had to do with this giant, insanely heavy ice breaker made of iron), and then the plow comes by.

Around here, you want something plowed you just have to shovel it yourself. At my college house I had to shovel a double-wide driveway, plus the sidewalks and paths (required by law), and also the street in front b/c our friends would park there. It took hours but it was great exercise.
Our weather forecast:

Old 02-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #87
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MsPurrl

BEST.WEATHERMAP.EVER
Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 AM
^ That's hilarious!

Seriously I am SO SICK of the cold, the dark, the gloomyness. It's sooo dark and grey and cloudy and depressing. You step outside, your face freezes. I have to wear layers and layers just to take the trash out. Here in MN its been below 0F for almost a month now. It was -17F yesterday, and it's -7f today.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

I feel for you, Babydoll, especially considering where you come from!

MN is one of the few places I would NOT move to from here (west Michigan).

Yesterday was weird. It was a typical day (sub-zero windchills, low clouds, gray) and then all the sudden there was a total whiteout of snow, zero visaibility. Then 15 minutes later there was blue sky and SUN! But that lasted about five minutes. Just one quick dusting (another inch for us).
Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 AM
I'm going back home again for the summer in June, I'm sure I'll melt! It will be the winter season there, (southern hemisphere) and winters are like in the 60s and early 70s. I'll be boiling, I'm sure.

Thanks Liesje