Merged --> Is the weather bad where you are? + What's the Weather in Your Region?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebbieSG

Refugee
What's the Weather in Your Region?

it just rained here in N. Ca, finally. had a dry winter with just 2 storms. what's it like where you are??

especially in Cleveland, is it still deathly cold?

please include the following: moisture, temperature, clouds, friction (this relates to gravity)!

Love you all, please respond! :)

well in Huemoz, Switzerland we are sitting under a foot and a half of snow...the temp is about -4C (28ish F?) and it might snow again. Ahhh winter in the Alps. brrrrrr. I wanna go sledding again.

Here in the Netherlands I can sing:
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow.

Yep, it's a white winter wonderland here. We haven't had this much (or any) snow for a long time, so it's a nice change of scenery (better than the usual rain).

Hey Sula, where exactly is Huemoz (yeah, Switzerland I know, but where in Switzerland?). And sledding? What about skiing! I also want to be in the Alps! :scream:

C ya!

Marty

it's another beautiful day in the desert!
clear blue skies
today's las vegas hi: 77
and our lo: 51

however, in a few months, this will all change, and once again i will be living in hell...

Last edited:
Johnny Swallow said:
In Arkansas tonight's forecast calls for a 100% chance of darkness!

ROTF!

Hey, we have the same forecast! Eerie!

C ya!

Marty (who has a splinter in his left ring(?) finger and now has trouble to type)

Well today is overcast with the high at 58*F and the low 44*F ...the humidity is 89% and the wind speed is 7mph in San Francisco , CA!

I'm not sure what it is now. Previously it was 44 celcius or 114 fahrenheit and zero humidity.

:)

I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.....
blahhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
I'm a couple hours north of Detroit. Right now, it's 34 degrees fahrenheit and clear...we have at least a few inches of snow on the ground, but the roads look like they've melted pretty well.

38?F
Light Drizzle
Feels Like 32?F

UV Index: 1 Minimal
Dew Point: 37?F
Humidity: 97%
Visibility: 3.0 miles
Pressure: 29.84 inches and steady
Wind: From the North at 8 mph
us_dca_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

if you'd asked 2 days ago, it was still desperately dry, with a nasty looking bushfire burning to our north.
But Friday evening I heard distant thunder!!! it started to rain.Only lightly 4 millimetres in 24 hours..........but, pre-cip-i-tation HOORAYYYYY!!! It continues and from the look of the synoptic map it is our best chance of decent rain in the next 24 hours..PLEASE!!! Cyclone Beni is in a good position off the east coast to drive in some rain.
brb
It's currently 17.5 degrees celsius (top temperature friday was 38.8 degrees C...phew!!)
89% humidity
brb
oh gosh...it's such light drizzle, there is only a further .5 mm in the gauge...the drips on the skylight above me make it sound heavier :(( my son's mate came here to record some of his songs yesterday and the drips got heavier and could be heard thru the mic just when he was recording...typical, I want a music room)
My hub visits the local weather site EVERY day. He LOVES it. My very own weather man...he's very accurate.
He has kept the rainfall figures for the 23 years we have lived here. It's a very interesting story. In 2002 we had 26inches of rain, sparse...our usual average is 40 inches.
So let it rain, let it rain
PS: last night he showed me footage of an electrical storm from sydneystormchasers.com he has saved. Lightening over Sydney. It was funny hearing the guys doing the filming getting so excited.We get excited too...I currently have a HUGE storm cloud as my background on the computer. Youngest son reckons it's scary looking.
"who cares what's the weather, as long as we're together..."
U said weather..I love it!!
PS: I'm awake at this hour because Bob Dylan is about to play 10 songs in a row on RAGE and I want to tape it.
Music and weather....ahhhhhhhhhhh

dare I say?....It's a hard, it's a hard
it's a hard rain.....gonna fall.

I was going to ask..
oi, what are you doing awake? Bob Dylan fan too?
But I think I know....a Natalie fan. Good morning little girl:)
Thanks for the well wishes...I'll check that link later. Have to go set the video, right now. Peace and rain and cool gentle breezes 2 U

Hehe no Bob for me tonight unfortunately :)
Natalie is throwing up a lot her food every feed for the last 8 hours or so, so I'm just hovering around, keeping an eye on things. It doesn't look like much worse than reflux. But I dont want to rest just yet.

Enjoy Bob matie! :)

I'm in southeast Michigan, and right now it's 32* F. The high is supposed to be 36* F and the low 24* F. The sad thing is that it feels warm today because it's been in the single digits and teens for the past couple weeks.

We just had 2 inches of snow today on top of the other 4 inches we had before. The temp's are in the middle 30's. That's a heat wave here now since we have had temp's in the single digit's like 8 degrees. I live 30 miles from Punxsutawney, PA, where Phil the Groundhog will determine tomorrow if we will have 6 more weeks of winter weather. It's a real big event that draws about 30 thousand people from all over. Punxsutawney has a population of over 6 thousand people. Also I live 3 and a half hours from Cleveland, and they mostly have had the same kind of weather we have been having.
:wave:

*see nbcrusader's weather report

but he's closer to the ocean so it might be a few degrees warmer here in inland Placentia :)

It was hotter than :censored: here yesterday.

hey cass, you sound like you are having a very long, tiring day, watching the weather and listening to the tunes. we are doing much the same here. but it is soon lunchtime!

is anyone else outside enjoying a picnic or catching some fastfood?

it truely is a lovely day :)

though i haven't heard reports for a couple of other continents, like Asia. how is it in Southeast Asia, for instance, or India, or Afghanistan for that matter? She takes...chlorine! yay! ha ha, off to listent to the Beatles or maybe some other British music ensemble:lol:

Mostly Cloudy @ 73?F :hyper:

UV Index: 3 Low
Dew Point: 43?F
Humidity: 34%
Visibility: Unlimited
Pressure: 29.97 inches and falling
Wind: From the Southwest at 6 mph

us_lax_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

60 degrees

UV Index: 2 Minimal
Dew Point: 46?F
Humidity: 63%
Visibility: Unlimited
Pressure: 30.07 inches and falling
Wind: From the Northwest at 17 gusting to 23 mph

us_sfo_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

34.gif

As reported at Newport Beach, CA
Last update 02/01/2003 at 11:53 Local Time
Sunrise 6:48 am
Sunset 5:22 pm Current Temp: 72? Fair
Wind: SSW
Relative Humidity: 51%
Barometer: 29.96 inches

gex

Last edited:
it's a GORGEOUS 52 degrees here!! *basks* *basks more*

and look!! we even sent our friends in minneapolis some snow!!

:sexywink:

us_fsd_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

I've never seen a winter like this in L.A. The winter began with about 2 weeks of rain and cold (for L.A.) temps. But since then, for the last 6 or 8 weeks, it has frequently been warm or mild outside.

There was a night or two several weeks ago where I felt like I was at Waikaki. Indeed, there have been more warm, Santa Ana-condition nights than I've ever experienced during an L.A. winter.

As Bono's American Wife alluded to, yesterday we had a record high of 91*F.

It's actually a little disconcerting to me that the climate is so different this winter than I've ever seen it. I'm wondering if it's indicative -- in a small way -- of a continuing trend.

i've never seen a winter like this either, but i guess moving 300 miles south where you grew up will do that to you. we had about 16" of snow on thr ground and now it's almost all gone. :hyper:

please don't remind me that we're expecting a blizzard tomorrow that's going to shut down the city.

Back
Top Bottom