MERGED --> Is anyone else sick of Coldplay?? + Shut the F*CK Up About Coldplay - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2005, 10:59 PM   #16
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:45 AM
I like their music a lot, mainly because I can laugh at the people who hate U2 but love Coldplay, but the fact they're tryin to basically BECOME U2 takes away from my experience listening to the new album

I do think the 1st 5 tracks on X&Y are brilliant though, and not even Chris Martin's worst Bono impressions (Speed of Sound vid), or his baby Apple (I just can't stand the name) can stop that

Old 06-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Not for me. I can quite honestly say I don't even know what any of them look like, and rarely if ever hear their music. I'm very good at turning off the TV (and have never had cable anyway), and ignoring the music media. Years of practice....
no offense, but bragging about how insulated you are from the evils of mainstream popular culture makes you come off as an unbearably pretentious twat. sorry dude.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:38 AM   #18
Refugee

Shut the F*CK Up About Coldplay

Good god. The comments made by some on this site sound as if they were coming from that neighbor everyone has had - an old, pissed off man who has so many regrets in his life, a man who decides to deflate any ball that so much crosses an inch into his yard just so he can see children cry.
It sounds like so many here are bitter and worried that Coldplay might get bigger than U2. While that still remains to be seen, may i just ask, who the fuck really cares? And, why does it matter?
Will U2's music be any less good? Will the impact U2's music has had on your life change at all? Will your life be tragically ended?
(The answer is 'no' by the way)
I bet a lot of people who write such horrible things about Coldplay here haven't even heard the new album.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:41 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

You do realize that you just posted another Coldplay thread.

Their name is even in the title.

It's special moments like these that make a thread memorable.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:44 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cujo
You do realize that you just posted another Coldplay thread.
ZING!
Old 06-12-2005, 12:55 AM   #21
Refugee

i intended to create another coldplay thread...one that would die quickly for the amount of hatred it would receive
Old 06-12-2005, 01:21 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bollox

no offense, but bragging about how insulated you are from the evils of mainstream popular culture makes you come off as an unbearably pretentious twat. sorry dude.
No offense taken. I'm quite happy I know how to turn off the tv or the radio when something I don't care to watch or hear comes on (or flip past an article I don't want to read). If that makes me pretentions, that's just fine. Far better than whining about how much you hate hearing or seeing something when you can turn the fucking machine off.

(by the way, I'm an indie snob too. )
Old 06-12-2005, 01:31 AM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I hate Coldplay. They're terribly adult contemporary and bland middle of the road. Their music is dull. It is made worse by his mosquito droning whine. I'm sure as musicians, they are talented. I'm sure as a songwriter, he has a gift. But as a whole package, I'd rather take a bath in quicklime than listen to them.
I'm sick of the hype. Sick of everything to do with this shitawful fucking average band.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

-Rod Stewart
Old 06-12-2005, 01:39 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:45 PM
Van Morrison, actually.

I think I'm going to get inspired to start a Van thread.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:57 AM   #25
War Child

Local Time: 07:45 AM
Yes well Rod Stewart is the Coldplay of his genre, so I thought it was fitting
Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Not sick of Coldplay themselves, no. I watch VH1 Classic on a regular basis, don't watch the regular VH1 channel often anymore, so I don't really see or hear a lot about them. And I don't know a lot about them as a band. I just know the few songs I occasionally hear on the radio or some of the Music Choice channels I listen to, all of which I've never really minded all that much. Nice relaxing stuff.

No, I'm just a bit tired of the constant arguing regarding them and whether or not they sound like U2. Everybody should just like whatever is appealing to them right now and just remember that any thoughts on who's better than who out of the two or who has better songs/lyrics/whatever are subjective, not objective.

All that said, however, perhaps I shall take indra's advice .

Angela
Old 06-12-2005, 04:06 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:45 PM
It's a brilliant album...tracks 1.2.3.5.6.10.11 are very classy.....close to a 5 star effort...at least 4....just brilliant craftsmanship to make the sound they are making.

Coldplay are deserving of many accolades, X&Y isn't progressive but it IS different for Coldplay. The main reason people think Coldplay are sounding the same is probably because Martin's vocal is kind of limited in it's scope to sound different. Not his fault just the way his voice is.

Like to hear him growl or something on the next album.

But I do think there is too much hype, both negative and positive. I mean where's the hype about the new Oasis album? Arguably a better band.

Even so, I'm sick of having to defend a band that is making the music they want to make and are actually having some appeal to a world that is seemingly obsessed with modern punk, rap, rnb and idol winners and runners up and 6th placers. Just down to earth musicians they are, they haven't done anything bad so let them do what they want to...

At least the publicity has kept the white stripes out of the spotlight though...
Old 06-12-2005, 04:51 AM   #28
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by myusernamehere

Have I told you lately that I love you?

-Rod Stewart
why dont you bring over some of your old motown records? we'll stick the speakers in the windows. and perhaps listen to the miracles echo in the alley down below!
Old 06-12-2005, 04:53 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Wonderful title for this thread....
Old 06-12-2005, 05:50 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I hate Coldplay. They're terribly adult contemporary and bland middle of the road. Their music is dull. It is made worse by his mosquito droning whine. I'm sure as musicians, they are talented. I'm sure as a songwriter, he has a gift. But as a whole package, I'd rather take a bath in quicklime than listen to them.
I'm sick of the hype. Sick of everything to do with this shitawful fucking average band.
you registered in 1970...my God you must be the first one with internet then..

Tags
coldplay