MERGED --> Is anyone else sick of Coldplay?? + Shut the F*CK Up About Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Is anyone else sick of Coldplay??

AtomicBono said:
Here's the thing: I am a Coldplay fan. In fact, the number one most played song on my U2-edition iPod is "Don't Panic," by a considerable amount. I have Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head, and I plan to get X&Y at some point. Hopefully I'll get to see them when they come to Indianapolis in August.

So all this doesn't add up, but...I'M REALLY SICK OF COLDPLAY!!!

They're on the cover of every blasted magazine, MTV and VH1 play the Speed of Sound video approximatley 23868.49 times a day, and it seems like everyone ever is like "OMG COLDPLAY!!!!!?!?!?!?1?213LOLZ?"

You must hate U2 when they release a new record. They manage to get themselves 'all over the place' as well.

Angela Harlem said:

why dont you bring over some of your old motown records? we'll stick the speakers in the windows. and perhaps listen to the miracles echo in the alley down below!

Ah... Motown song! What a great video too! mmmm... 1992... :heart: :drool: :faint:

edit: Oh and I don't see the need to argue over either band, U2 or Coldplay. As Angela (Moonlit Angel) said...

IT'S ALL SUBJECTIVE, PEOPLE!!!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Is anyone else sick of Coldplay??

The OOTS said:

You must hate U2 when they release a new record. They manage to get themselves 'all over the place' as well.

No, there's nothing I love more than seeing my boys everywhere :wink:

LIEK OGM DIS THRED IZ T3H SUXX0RZ!?!!?!?!?!/1/11/LOZLZ

...no wait a minute...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
"IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THAN TO START A NEW ONE."

:sad: :scream: :banghead: I'm so sick of seeing Coldplay threads, even if they're the good anti-Coldplay kind! Those four little naffs are everywhere I go! I turn on Much Music, the video for Speed of Sound is on. I scream in anguish, and flip over to Much More Music and the video for Speed of Sound is on. I wail, and turn the TV off. I pick up the latest magazine, and guess who's in the bloody thing? Coldplay. So I fling it away and come to Interference. What's one of the first threads I see? ANOTHER BLOODY COLDPLAY THREAD!

Again, I ask - why won't someone make it stop? :(

I don't know Gibby. That's just what happens when a huge album is released. It will pass soon enough I'm sure.

Angela Harlem said:
I hate Coldplay. They're terribly adult contemporary and bland middle of the road. Their music is dull. It is made worse by his mosquito droning whine. I'm sure as musicians, they are talented. I'm sure as a songwriter, he has a gift. But as a whole package, I'd rather take a bath in quicklime than listen to them.
I'm sick of the hype. Sick of everything to do with this shitawful fucking average band.

best post ever!

...in the past two weeks, at least.

Angela Harlem said:
They're terribly adult contemporary and bland middle of the road. Their music is dull. It is made worse by his mosquito droning whine. I'm sure as musicians, they are talented. I'm sure as a songwriter, he has a gift. But as a whole package, I'd rather take a bath in quicklime than listen to them.
I'm sick of the hype. Sick of everything to do with this shitawful fucking average band.

Are you talking about Radiohead?

The OOTS said:

Could have fooled me.
:lol:

I've never had to resort to personal attacks, but in this case, it's absolutely necessary. Don't be a bloody fool. Let's have a close look at Angela Harlem's original post:

They're terribly adult contemporary and bland middle of the road. Their music is dull. It is made worse by his mosquito droning whine. I'm sure as musicians, they are talented. I'm sure as a songwriter, he has a gift. But as a whole package, I'd rather take a bath in quicklime than listen to them.

Radiohead is not, and never will be, "adult contemporary". Never. Coldplay is very adult contemporary - Speed of Sound is on just about every AOR radio station in the world - thus eliminating the possibility that AH was referring to Radiohead. I've never even heard Radiohead on ANY radio station, let alone adult contemporary stations. Radiohead's music is not "bland middle of the road," or "dull." To even suggest so would be ridiculous. Have you even listened to OK Computer? There's hardly a single dull song on that album. The latter half of X&Y is filled with dull songs that go nowhere. And Radiohead is in no way a "shitawful fucking average band." Yes, music is subjective - but there's just no denying the genius of the arrangements of certain Radiohead songs, even if you absolutely abhor the band.

Coldplay are nowhere near the musicians that Radiohead (or U2) are. I find all these comparisons to them to be utterly insulting. There's nothing wrong with enjoying Coldplay's music, because that's your own choice (hell, even I like a few Coldplay songs). But stop with the bloody comparisons already. They're completely different bands with completely different styles, so everyone comparing them should do what the original post begged - SHUT THE FUCK UP.

GibsonGirl said:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
"IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THAN TO START A NEW ONE."

:sad: :scream: :banghead: I'm so sick of seeing Coldplay threads, even if they're the good anti-Coldplay kind! Those four little naffs are everywhere I go! I turn on Much Music, the video for Speed of Sound is on. I scream in anguish, and flip over to Much More Music and the video for Speed of Sound is on. I wail, and turn the TV off. I pick up the latest magazine, and guess who's in the bloody thing? Coldplay. So I fling it away and come to Interference. What's one of the first threads I see? ANOTHER BLOODY COLDPLAY THREAD!

Again, I ask - why won't someone make it stop? :(

And many of you wonder why so many people "hate" U2. The hype around Coldplay is dwarfed by the U2 hype machine. :|

indra said:

And many of you wonder why so many people "hate" U2. The hype around Coldplay is dwarfed by the U2 hype machine. :|

True. But if people hate U2 solely because of the hype, that's their loss. I don't hate Coldplay because of the hype surrounding them - I dislike them because I feel the music doesn't support the hype.

New CP album is OVERATED.
I was really expecting a super album after reading all the hype surrounding the release.
Such as the most anticipated CD of the summer BS.

It IS bland & sounds in some part to a very young U2 but without the soul or depth or skillz.

If they are the next U2, it is gonna take alot of work & ingenuity.
@ this rate, I don't see it.

Now the album which is getting 1/4th of CP's hype that I KNOW will be good is the Foo Fighters coming out this Tuesday. They are not U2 but they show wayyy more range than CP on all their albums.

Makes me glad that U2 still experiment & shows variety.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

I've never had to resort to personal attacks, but in this case, it's absolutely necessary. Don't be a bloody fool. Let's have a close look at Angela Harlem's original post:

Radiohead is not, and never will be, "adult contemporary". Never. Coldplay is very adult contemporary - Speed of Sound is on just about every AOR radio station in the world - thus eliminating the possibility that AH was referring to Radiohead. I've never even heard Radiohead on ANY radio station, let alone adult contemporary stations. Radiohead's music is not "bland middle of the road," or "dull." To even suggest so would be ridiculous. Have you even listened to OK Computer? There's hardly a single dull song on that album. The latter half of X&Y is filled with dull songs that go nowhere. And Radiohead is in no way a "shitawful fucking average band." Yes, music is subjective - but there's just no denying the genius of the arrangements of certain Radiohead songs, even if you absolutely abhor the band.

Coldplay are nowhere near the musicians that Radiohead (or U2) are. I find all these comparisons to them to be utterly insulting. There's nothing wrong with enjoying Coldplay's music, because that's your own choice (hell, even I like a few Coldplay songs). But stop with the bloody comparisons already. They're completely different bands with completely different styles, so everyone comparing them should do what the original post begged - SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Struck a nerve, eh?
I like Radiohead.
Do I think they are the end all be all to musical creation like most of their fans think they are? HELL NO!

They are different bands...prog rock vs Brit Pop. It isn't fair to compare the two.

Coldplay may lack a bit in originality, but I wonder if Radiohead has ever heard of Pink Floyd? Damn wannabees....

Last edited:
Gibson Girl, no offence but you're taking this whole thing waaaayyyy too seriously. If there are too many coldplay threads, the mods will take care of it. And Khanada HAS taken care of it with a 'sticky' thread. I prefer Radiohead too but I'm not gonna yell and scream about Coldplay being inferior.

Probably am taking it too seriously. :wink: I'm just fed up with the sheer volume of Coldplay posts that have emerged on this forum lately, and not even in this section of Interference. They're in the U2 general discussion area, the tour discussion area, everywhere! And it's always the same old "Coldplay want to be U2/Coldplay vs. Band X" thread again and again. I know it's because the album has just been released and all, but honestly. Enough is enough.

Zootlesque said:

Let's have a giant orgy here in B&C

:reject:

OKAY! :hyper: :lmao:

Oh dear. This thread is an absolute whirlwind. From Coldplay to Radiohead to food to orgies. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom