MERGED ----> I can't believe it!!!! + Woo hoo I found "Scarecrow"!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I can't believe it!!!!

OK i just got back from browsing at FIVE different CD stores...Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Borders, Sam Goody, and Circuit City. NONE of them had John Mellencamp's arguably best album "Scarecrow" which I most desperately want and need! In fact, Borders didn't have a single Mellencamp CD!!!!!!! Argh I'm very irked right now. :mad:

I'm finding that most CD stores just dont have the large selections they used to. They mainly will just get as many copies of albums they expect to be popular as they can.

You'll probably just have to order it. Amazon can be cool now with the ability to order from Used/discount cd stores. :up:

I don't even bother to look for my favorites at most stores now...they hardly ever have what I like anyway. Amazon is a pretty good choice though. I do the vast majority of my cd shopping over the internet now.

Bunbury said:

Yeah, Gemm is great! Some of the places are really expensive, but they have nearly everything! But I have gotten really good deals too. If you're looking for hard to find music, it is definately worth a try.

~LadyLemon~ said:
I have the original Scarecrow on vinyl :up:

WOW!!! You're dating yourself....:wink:

Well today I plan to make one more run to *gasp* Wal-Mart (this shows you how desperate I am) and Target. If I can't find it at either of those places I'll order it from Amazon.

Woo hoo I found "Scarecrow"!!

I finally found it!!!!!! I went back to Barnes and Noble and I guess they had restocked and sure enough it was there. I'm rockin to it as I type. Ah, so happy. :hyper:

~LadyLemon~ said:

Not really, I'm only 24.

my bad. :| we used to have a ton of vinyls, including michael jackson's thriller but we sold them and our turntable 3 years ago when we moved. it was funny my friends would come over and see the records and be like "what are those?"

i can't seem to find anything i'm looking for in stores...and when i do, i come back the next day with money to purchase it, and someone else has bought it (as there is usually only one copy). and then the idiots who work there...1. they've never heard of the band. 2. it will take them a month to get in a new copy.
:|

my bad. we used to have a ton of vinyls, including michael jackson's thriller but we sold them and our turntable 3 years ago when we moved. it was funny my friends would come over and see the records and be like "what are those?"

they're just revealing their ignorance. i used to know kids like that, but i've learned that if you don't know what vinyl is, even now, you still must live under a rock.

IWasBored said:
i can't seem to find anything i'm looking for in stores...and when i do, i come back the next day with money to purchase it, and someone else has bought it (as there is usually only one copy). and then the idiots who work there...1. they've never heard of the band. 2. it will take them a month to get in a new copy.
:|

the story of my life. :madspit: :|

Back
Top Bottom