MERGED---> I can't believe I beat ABEL to this + Wooo hooo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:tongue: gheto

btw, it's Meteor Shower, not Lunar Shower
hehehmn.gif
:sexywink:

I'll be up trying to watch it, unfortunately cuz I have to work tomorrow, I won't be able to get away from the city lights, but hopefully I'll see a few. It peaks tomorrow morning (November 19) at 4:30a.m., which is usually the time I go to bed anyway, lol.

it's bad weather here in michigan...cloudy and whatnot...and i have an 8am lab...so i don't think i can see it :(

Woooo hoooo!

I just saw two meteors of the Leonid meteor shower! It's just after 12:30am, and I wasn't even out for more than 5 minutes! I live 10 minutes from downtown dallas, and there's lights all over the apartment's parkinglot and I still saw two! The shower peaks at 5:30am eastern time!

Everyone! Get out and look! NOW!!!!!!!! lol

:dance:

I saw those last year in Utah on my trip to see my grandfather in Colorado. It was cool cause it was a clear night and Utah is lot of open desert.

i was just outside and i didnt see anything. its almost like the moon is too bright or something.

up here in canada we get moon burn from the strong beams.

:angry:

fucking canada.

:angry:

wooooo I saw another one! This one was almost like a small fireball, it was kinda yellowish greenish in color!

I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa Clause waiting for the peak of this meteor shower! :cute:

Last year I must've saw about 30! It was cool and nice change since I had been driving the last twelve hours!

well thats one of the more sureal experiences ive ever had.

just before two am, i go outside, where the moon is full and the snow makes everything glow.

put in my sigur ros and i walk down the gravel road...all alone. most amazing thing ever...again. im telling you, the place where i live is something special.

anyway, so as im listening to sigur ros watching the skies, i swear i saw 10 in the half hour i was out there! everything i saw was to the north/north east.

totally incredible. some of them were huge, and its like you could see where they hit the atmosphere cause there was almost like a cloud of smoke where they disintigrated. i spelled that wrong.

what a night!

YAY bear! I'm glad you got to see some afterall! :dance:

:hug: :D

I think I saw another one too....or it may have been a ufo or an owl, I think it was probably an owl cuz there was no glowing trail or anything...it was this dark shape, that slowly moved across the sky...it was weird anyway :lol: :der:

I think there's kind of a lul now, I was just out for about 20-30 minutes and didn't see anything. Of course, there was probably one as soon as I came in :lol:

less than an hour till I call gheto and wake her up :lol:

Last edited:
*wonders if anyone is still up reading this* :cute:

I just saw 2 more little meteors, if I'm lucky, the I got a pic of the last little one.

I :censored: couldn't find the attachment to mount my camera on my tripod, so I'm having to balance my camera on the back of my car :lol:

*20 more minutes till I call gheto and wake her up* :wink:

Last edited:
well i saw 5 shooting stars tonight if not meteors, im happy. its after 2:30 am, and the skies are really clear, so nothing going on at all. im off to bed. this was really cool. thanks gheto for telling us about it. its been a long time since i seen anything really cool like this.

well it's 5:05am (a palindrome for BC ;) )

I'm finally going to bed now....my hands are so cold I can barely type (it was in the 40's tonite here in dallas).

I stopped counting how many meteors I saw after 20! There were so many! I really have no idea. Sometimes they would come really quick like two - five right in a row. It was truly awesome. I must have seen at least 100, or very close...well, I know it was over 50 anyway...I think, lol.

I tried taking pics...I hope they turn out. I had to aim manually, not knowing where I was looking by balancing the camera on my car, lol. I will post pics if they turn out.

Gheto, I hope you got to see as many as I did and didn't go back to bed too early ;) I called gheto and woke her up (per her request), as soon as she picked up the phone she was like "nooooooooooo! noooooooo! it's not time to get up yet!" in her mumbling sleepy voice hehe.

:hug: gheto and :hug: to everyone!

:yawn:

Hope everyone else got to see some too!

Last edited:
Well all. I am glad that you all got to see it. I did say noooooo nooooooo like ABEL said. It felt like I was asleep for like 20min and all the sudden my cell rings.

I just woke up....gawd I'm tired now! :yawn: I want to just crawl back in bed...the pre-dawn excitement has finally caught up with me :yawn:

:crazy: this is what I look like and feel like right now!

so gheto...you didn't tell everyone what you saw! ;) :wave:

as promised.... Leonid meteor photos that I took! I actually had to tell the photo developer guy to reprint the roll cuz they didn't print these the first time around cuz they thought there was nothing there :cute: I had to tell them "Yes! there is something there! I took pics of the Leonid meteor shower! See? That's a meteor!" :lol:

335%3A996%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D42%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E2323352%3C3%3B76%3Bot1lsi

Back
Top Bottom