MERGED---> I can't believe I beat ABEL to this + Wooo hooo! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2002, 04:08 AM   #16
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 07:45 AM
YAY bear! I'm glad you got to see some afterall!

I think I saw another one too....or it may have been a ufo or an owl, I think it was probably an owl cuz there was no glowing trail or anything...it was this dark shape, that slowly moved across the sky...it was weird anyway

I think there's kind of a lul now, I was just out for about 20-30 minutes and didn't see anything. Of course, there was probably one as soon as I came in

less than an hour till I call gheto and wake her up

Old 11-19-2002, 04:40 AM   #17

*wonders if anyone is still up reading this*

I just saw 2 more little meteors, if I'm lucky, the I got a pic of the last little one.

I couldn't find the attachment to mount my camera on my tripod, so I'm having to balance my camera on the back of my car

*20 more minutes till I call gheto and wake her up*

Old 11-19-2002, 05:35 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:45 AM
well i saw 5 shooting stars tonight if not meteors, im happy. its after 2:30 am, and the skies are really clear, so nothing going on at all. im off to bed. this was really cool. thanks gheto for telling us about it. its been a long time since i seen anything really cool like this.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:10 AM   #19

well it's 5:05am (a palindrome for BC )

I'm finally going to bed now....my hands are so cold I can barely type (it was in the 40's tonite here in dallas).

I stopped counting how many meteors I saw after 20! There were so many! I really have no idea. Sometimes they would come really quick like two - five right in a row. It was truly awesome. I must have seen at least 100, or very close...well, I know it was over 50 anyway...I think, lol.

I tried taking pics...I hope they turn out. I had to aim manually, not knowing where I was looking by balancing the camera on my car, lol. I will post pics if they turn out.

Gheto, I hope you got to see as many as I did and didn't go back to bed too early I called gheto and woke her up (per her request), as soon as she picked up the phone she was like "nooooooooooo! noooooooo! it's not time to get up yet!" in her mumbling sleepy voice hehe.

gheto and to everyone!

Hope everyone else got to see some too!
Old 11-19-2002, 12:48 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well all. I am glad that you all got to see it. I did say noooooo nooooooo like ABEL said. It felt like I was asleep for like 20min and all the sudden my cell rings.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:06 PM   #21

I just woke up....gawd I'm tired now! I want to just crawl back in bed...the pre-dawn excitement has finally caught up with me

this is what I look like and feel like right now!

so gheto...you didn't tell everyone what you saw!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:42 PM   #22

as promised.... Leonid meteor photos that I took! I actually had to tell the photo developer guy to reprint the roll cuz they didn't print these the first time around cuz they thought there was nothing there I had to tell them "Yes! there is something there! I took pics of the Leonid meteor shower! See? That's a meteor!"