MERGED-->Holy crap Dimebag Darrel is dead....+ RIP Pantera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:

I also hate to see and hear the name of Lennon's killer mentioned, or screamed out at a concert, because that's what he wanted. He was after fame, to have his name forever asscociated with John Lennon. He doesn't deserve to have that reward.

Why did Bono feel it right to do that during BTBS on the last tour anyway?:eyebrow:

That was a really nice thing Lars said there. What a tribute :) :up:.

You know, something else I was just thinking about...this is sad enough in the sense that someone from a band died and all that, but a fan died, too. And this isn't the first time fans have died at concerts. People come to these shows to have fun, and then somebody out there has to ruin it. Concerts are supposed to be happy, joyful events, not tragedies waiting to happen :tsk:.

Sorry if I bummed anyone out even further, that was just on my mind...

Angela

beli said:
bananacologne, thank you for the "censoring" of the gunmans name in that news report. I appreciate it. :up:

Sorry I didn't even think about that, I only posted a link because it was faster. And after I made the speech about Lennon's killer and how you shouldn't show their name :der: :(

U2Kitten said:

Sorry I didn't even think about that, I only posted a link because it was faster. And after I made the speech about Lennon's killer and how you shouldn't show their name :der: :(

Thats okay. I didnt mean anything against you. Bananacolgne cut and pasted the report straight into this thread. Yours is a link. I expect to see his name in the media. Dont be so hard on yourself :mad:

:hug:

damageplan2.jpg

a sad day for music.

MICHELLE BRANCH: DIMEBAG Was 'One Of The Sweetest Guys'

Platinum-selling pop-rock singer/songwriter Michelle Branch has posted the following message regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott:

"I am so sad to hear about Dimebag being shot and killed while doing something he loves. I was lucky to meet him (photo) and he was one of the sweetest guys. It's hard to believe that a lot of clubs don't offer metal detectors (because they can't afford them) or proper security. Most of the security you see at shows are just normal guys who either volunteer or simply wear a t-shirt that says security. Something needs to change.

"Any ideas? Petitions? Letters to your local clubs?

"If musicians start feeling unsafe doing what they love, we'll have a big problem."

pantera.jpg

:up:

Glad to see solidarity across "genre barriers." Also goes to show that you can't judge an artist's taste by the music they make; she's a HUGE Zep fan, too

Back
Top Bottom