MERGED-->Holy crap Dimebag Darrel is dead....+ RIP Pantera - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2004, 06:01 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:36 PM
I know next to nothing about Pantera, but my heart goes out to the victims' families, all the fans and all the people in the audience who had to watch such a sickening act of violence happen right in front of them. It terrifies me that pieces of like the gunman are walking around in the world.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:13 PM   #92
Refugee

Local Time: 05:36 PM
The rest of my week is officially shit after this tragedy.
What can I say, Pantera were one of my first encounters with metal (besides Metallica)
I remember seeing the video for "Walk" back in the mid nineties on some dinky local access channel that played random music videos, the rest was history I was hooked on these fellas. The aggression and the groove of their music was incredible (especialy in my teen years ). I seen Pantera live 5 times and all the shows were fucking amazing these guys never disappointed live.
At this point I'm going to celebrate his life this weekend in San Diego with some buddies blasting some PanterA and drinking Dimebag's faves Jager and Crown Royal.
May your soul rock on in the halls of Valhalla Dimebag \m/

Old 12-09-2004, 06:38 PM   #93
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I can't stop thinking about Vinnie. I've never seen those two apart. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him to witness that and what it'll be like for him without his brother now.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:02 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
I can't stop thinking about Vinnie. I've never seen those two apart. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him to witness that and what it'll be like for him without his brother now.
That's what I was thinking too... the man must be devasted.....
Old 12-09-2004, 07:45 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Lemonboy (and anyone else this interests) there is a little makeshift memorial at the site of the club. I was thinking at work today and I thought maybe if there was something I could do for you, like leave a copy of something or a flower even, I would be more than willing to do that for you.

I know it isn't much but I'd like to do something if that would help...
Old 12-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:36 AM
1. Dimebag Darrell
2. Nathan Bray - audience member
3. Erin Halk - club employee
4. Jeff Thompson - band security
5. Gunman (whos name I'm choosing not to type)
Old 12-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli

5. Gunman (whos name I'm choosing not to type)

does it rhyme with ducking fouchebag?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:41 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored

does it rhyme with ducking fouchebag?
lol.

Seriously I dont want anybody to become famous as a result of deaths. I know its not up to me but humour me.

Also I feel for his family and dont want to mention his family name. Yes, I know its easily googled but thats not the point.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:47 PM   #99
Refugee

Opeth one of my other musical heroes have said the following:

"The members of Opeth want to express their shock and sorrow in light of the recent tragic death of Pantera / Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell. Condolences go out to his family and especially his brother Vinne Paul who we hear is wounded but alive. We hope for a swift recovery. Things like this should not happen!"
Old 12-09-2004, 09:53 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Metallica's Lars Ulrich:

RIP DARRELL
12/9/2004

This is unbelievable. To sit here and talk about Darrell in the past tense seems so wrong, so unfair, so unjust, I don't even know what to say. My heart goes out to Vinnie, to their families, to the other band members, and to the families and friends of the other people that were killed or injured, in this fucking senseless act of selfishness and stupidity.
In 1985 I was fortunate enough to meet both Darrell and his brother in Dallas on tour. The first thing me and my friend did as soon as that tour was over, was to head straight back to Dallas and hang out with Darrell and Vinnie for a long time, cuz they were the coolest muther fuckers that we had met after criss-crossing the states for three months. That was the beginning of a friendship that was anchored in love, respect, fun, outrageousness, music, booze, sweat, late nights, early mornings, hangovers, headaches, pounding eardrums, sore bodies... the list goes on.

There's a tendency in these fucked up moments to use the word "I" a lot and focus on one's own feelings of pity and shock... so instead let it just be known that thru these eyes Darrell was incredibly warm, open, fun, nutty, forthcoming, talented, embracing, unpretentious, accommodating and he always had a very attractive innocence about him that obviously made him never threatening and always welcoming.

Darrell and his brother were the cornerstone of musical adventures that were always groundbreaking, pushing boundaries, challenging to themselves and to their fans, respected by their peers and always true musicians' musicians, and today the rock world is worse off because of this untimely and senseless waste.

Much love and respect and thanks for letting me be a small part of your life and I know you are already having fun and throwing it down with Bon Scott, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Jimi, Cliff B., and the rest of the musicians and troublemakers that you are hanging with so prematurely.

Lars
Old 12-09-2004, 10:00 PM   #101
Neon Zebra

wow. it was indeed the anniversary of lennon's death. it's also the date, twenty years ago, that vince neil of motley crue killed the drummer of hanoi rocks in a drunk driving incident.

jesus.

RIP
Old 12-09-2004, 10:55 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:36 AM
I am so shocked,, Dimebag was absolutely amazing.

I am broken,,,,

A true guitar hero...
RIP
Old 12-10-2004, 02:18 AM   #103
War Child

This is so sad! My thought are with all the families of the victims and with the people who had to witness this.

When I was about 15 years old I loved Pantera! My uncle (who's a musicjournalist at a metal magazine) gave me Cowboys From Hell for my birthday and soon after I bought Vulgar Display of Power. Anybody who can write a riff like the one in Walk deserves a statue!

R.I.P.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:30 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:36 AM
Cheers for that last post U.Lemon
Old 12-10-2004, 03:32 AM   #105
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon
Metallica's Lars Ulrich:

RIP DARRELL
12/9/2004

This is unbelievable. To sit here and talk about Darrell in the past tense seems so wrong, so unfair, so unjust, I don't even know what to say. My heart goes out to Vinnie, to their families, to the other band members, and to the families and friends of the other people that were killed or injured, in this fucking senseless act of selfishness and stupidity.
In 1985 I was fortunate enough to meet both Darrell and his brother in Dallas on tour. The first thing me and my friend did as soon as that tour was over, was to head straight back to Dallas and hang out with Darrell and Vinnie for a long time, cuz they were the coolest muther fuckers that we had met after criss-crossing the states for three months. That was the beginning of a friendship that was anchored in love, respect, fun, outrageousness, music, booze, sweat, late nights, early mornings, hangovers, headaches, pounding eardrums, sore bodies... the list goes on.

There's a tendency in these fucked up moments to use the word "I" a lot and focus on one's own feelings of pity and shock... so instead let it just be known that thru these eyes Darrell was incredibly warm, open, fun, nutty, forthcoming, talented, embracing, unpretentious, accommodating and he always had a very attractive innocence about him that obviously made him never threatening and always welcoming.

Darrell and his brother were the cornerstone of musical adventures that were always groundbreaking, pushing boundaries, challenging to themselves and to their fans, respected by their peers and always true musicians' musicians, and today the rock world is worse off because of this untimely and senseless waste.

Much love and respect and thanks for letting me be a small part of your life and I know you are already having fun and throwing it down with Bon Scott, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Jimi, Cliff B., and the rest of the musicians and troublemakers that you are hanging with so prematurely.

Lars
Though he sometimes can come across as a childish asshole (Lars that is) this really shows the heart of this man....