MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was hanging out with my friends when someone came into the living room and said "Heath Ledger died!"

We all thought she was joking, and demanded that she show us where she saw the news.

When we realized it was true everyone just got quiet.

Wow. Every now and then I read a headline and immediately go numb, and this one did that to me. I absolutely can't believe this news. How sad. He was such a talented actor.

apparently according to tmz.com this was the last picture taken of him.. He was working on a film in london.

heathledger.jpg

I just saw this report on The Newshour with Jim Lehrer. I don't know anything about him personally, but everything was going so well for him in his artistic career. How sad.

On a selfish note, this really screws up any Batman sequels in which they hoped to have The Joker.

It's very eerie the interview with the New York Times where he discussed only being able to sleep a couple hours a night since taking on the Joker role. If it was sleeping pills as they're saying it could very well be accidental with him just increasing the dose so significantly to see what would knock him out so that he could get some sleep. :sigh:

It's an incredibly huge/sad loss. :(

Shit. I am in shock...this is really horrible news. What a tragic way to end such a talented man's life. He was truly an incredible actor, and he was only 28. This is a huge and tragic loss ... my heart goes out to his little girl and family ...

It makes me so sad how quickly something this upsetting can turn ugly with all the paparazzi and rags out there beating up whatever scandal they can. I don't feel like it's any of my business to know the hows or whys about this. It's completely sad and I feel for his family and friends so much, especially because it doesn't seem like they're going to be able to deal with this in peace. I feel like watching "10 Things I Hate About You" and remembering him in the best possible way, not with the horrific blow-by-blows they're doing on this tragedy on some Web sites.

dsmith2904 said:
It makes me so sad how quickly something this upsetting can turn ugly with all the paparazzi and rags out there beating up whatever scandal they can. I don't feel like it's any of my business to know the hows or whys about this. It's completely sad and I feel for his family and friends so much, especially because it doesn't seem like they're going to be able to deal with this in peace. I feel like watching "10 Things I Hate About You" and remembering him in the best possible way, not with the horrific blow-by-blows they're doing on this tragedy on some Web sites.

I agree. I feel terrible for his family that they wont be able to deal with this privately. It must be horrible living that much in the public eye. The media machine can be truly cruel. This is just horrible. What tragic news to start my morning with:(

Back
Top Bottom