MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:
had heard in the batman thread that he had lost sleep over the joker role due to it being so disturbing. i wonder what else was going on....

I do remember hearing or reading this somewhere too.

This is the craziest, saddest, most shocking news I've heard in a long time. I was literally shaking for the first 20 minutes or so after I heard.

Heath was a brilliant actor and, from what I've read in interviews, a very cool, humble, and down to earth guy.

I hope that his performance as the Joker is the best performance any of us have ever seen.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Man, that's fucking depressing. He was great in Brokeback, I'm Not There, and My Own Private Idaho. Hell, I enjoyed 10 Things and Knight's Tale too. And of course his role as The Joker was already bound to be legendary.

How very sad... he will be missed.

joyfulgirl said:

Based on what? We didn't know him.

I know, true. But if he were a drug user, that is such a shame. I mean, why, Heath,why? :(

That is sad. Some reports are now saying it may have even been accidental (given that he has no public 'history' of substance abuse)

At any rate, sad indeed when anyone, star or not, dies at such a young age. Damn.

Dalton said:

Perhaps a thread dealing with his death isn't the place for you to spew your negative personal opinions about him?

Oh please. I don't have a negative personal opinion of him. I thought he was a great actor. I was just saying that i'm not surprised, based on his appearance lately. Maybe it was for a role, maybe it was drugs. Who knows. Just making an observation.

Utoo said:
just heard this. :ohmy: had heard in the batman thread that he had lost sleep over the joker role due to it being so disturbing. i wonder what else was going on....

I posted a video of one his interviews about Batman.
He did seem unsettled and was twitching in the chair alot :(

I had a feeling someone famous would die real soon. I say that because we had Bobby Fischer and Allan Melvin (Sam the Butcher) the last few days, and I'm a believer in the "they always die in 3s" thing.

Very sad nonetheless.

A friend of mine works at a store in Chicago and helped Ledger while he was in town filming TDK. Apparently he was very nice and friendly. Whatever he was going through personally, he wasn't taking it out on the rest of the world.

I was just thinking of his role in I'm Not There, and it was eerily similar. Actor going through a divorce, has two daughters, appears increasingly dissheveled and strung-out over the course of the film.

2861U2 said:
I had a feeling someone famous would die real soon. I say that because we had Bobby Fischer and Allan Melvin (Sam the Butcher) the last few days, and I'm a believer in the "they always die in 3s" thing.

Brad Renfro died several days ago. He was kinda famous.

lazarus said:

I was just thinking of his role in I'm Not There, and it was eerily similar. Actor going through a divorce, has two daughters, appears increasingly dissheveled and strung-out over the course of the film.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

OMG.. words truly fail me.. Whatever troubles he had it was surely hidden from the media.. A truly great talent gone way too soon.. :sad: And that poor lil girl who won't get to see her daddy and probably won't understand why he isn't around anymore. It just breaks my heart to hear this. This is so awful!

2861U2 said:

For what it's worth ... someone already mentioned Brad Renfro, but there was also Suzanne Pleshette.

I am just in a complete state of shock. When I first saw the headline on yahoo I thought I had misread it. Heath was one of my favorite actors. He was really talented. So horrible to see someone so young die :sad: My heart goes out so much to his little daughter and family.

Back
Top Bottom