MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!? - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #436
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
I dunno, dying of a drug overdose - accidental or otherwise - is not exactly having your "name cleared" imo...

I was thinking more along the lines of illegal drugs as in the drug video ET wanted to air and the speculation that Mary-Kate's bodyguards were called to take illegal drugs out of his apartment. There was no basis for that other than the gossip mags erections for a big story. That smilie is directed at them not you, btw.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #437
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest

I was thinking more along the lines of illegal drugs as in the drug video ET wanted to air and the speculation that Mary-Kate's bodyguards were called to take illegal drugs out of his apartment. There was no basis for that other than the gossip mags erections for a big story. That smilie is directed at them not you, btw.
ahh, that's what I was thinking you meant... I agree to that then.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #438
Blue Crack Addict

His father's statement

"We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today's results put an end to speculation, but our son's beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography."
Old 02-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #439
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
His father's statement

"We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today's results put an end to speculation, but our son's beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography."
That's a beautiful statement. His family and Michelle have shown unbelievable grace and courage under the added pressure of media scrutiny. I hope the media will respect their wishes.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #440
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead
According to TMZ, he wasn't at one of the Olsen's apts and the cops told TMZ the death was accidental.
Turns out the police were right. Who cares? The result is the same: Heath is still gone. Maybe something positive can come out of this. I know, to some, it might seem obvious, but maybe others out there can learn from Heath's death. That if you are taking multiple meds, you have to make sure that they interact well with each other before taking them.

I don't know, maybe I'm just grasping, but that's my take.

Oh yeah, and taking a lot of mulitple meds at the same time isn't so good either. Now matter how bad your ailment.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #441
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U

That if you are taking multiple meds, you have to make sure that they interact well with each other before taking them.

That is a good point.

Off topic - I work with seniors, and we have had pharmacists come in and talk to them about this topic. This is a real problem as a lot of senior citizens take many, many different types of prescription medications prescribed by multiple doctors. The best thing to do if you are taking multiple medications is to take a list of them (or just take all the bottles with you) to your primary care physician or a pharmacist so a qualified person can see if any of the medications that you are taking might interact in a harmful way with each other.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #442
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:12 AM
I'm on two medications, and I'm afraid to take anything else, even Tylenol when I might need it because I don't know how anything interacts. I called the pharmacy to ask if I could take Tylenol and cough medicine I'd rather look like an idiot than the alternative.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #443
New Yorker

What a classy family Heath has....Now leave them the hell alone media
Old 02-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #444
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I'm on two medications, and I'm afraid to take anything else, even Tylenol when I might need it because I don't know how anything interacts. I called the pharmacy to ask if I could take Tylenol and cough medicine I'd rather look like an idiot than the alternative.

R.I.P. Heath
Better to be safe and ask a professional than to just risk it.

also, R.I.P. Heath
Old 02-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

With the autopsy results for Heath Ledger now a matter of public record, the federal government is stepping in to determine how the actor was able to obtain so many prescription drugs.

"We are working with the NYPD to identify any illegally prescribed drugs that may have been prescribed to [Ledger]," New York's Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman Erin Mulvey tells PEOPLE, confirming news first reported by TVGuide.com on Wednesday.

New York City's Chief Medical Examiner on Wednesday announced that the 28-year-old actor's Jan. 22 death was accidentally caused by "the combined effects of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, and Doxylamine."

TV Guide said the Drug Enforcement Administration would probe how Ledger obtained the various drugs.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Well, it looks like the funeral was held away from the media, in the last place anyone would have looked, an expensive all girls school. lol.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

The People Magazine web site has some articles about the funeral if anyone wants to read them, it's very touching. They talk about the songs they played at the service too.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #448
ONE
love, blood, life

^^Those are all beautiful articles. The one about everyone jumping into the ocean at sunset actually brought tears to my eyes.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #449
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:12 AM
Photographs from the memorial.

Such a beautiful and fitting send off for Heath.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #450
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:12 AM
for a while there was a war on drugs and this meant drugs on the street.

but now, after heath's death, wrestler's death and just overall abuse of prescription drugs in general i am willing to be there's going to be a new war on drugs. the war on drugs that involve the upstanding suburbanite.