MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shari schultz said:

But a person who has seen the entire video, who asked not to be identified because of its sensitive nature, said Ledger then points to his tattoo of "M" (for his daughter, Matilda Rose) and says, "this is to remind me never to smoke weed again." That part of the quote was not used in Wednesday's preview.

I read about this yesterday and it pisses me off that this part of the video wasn't shown in the previews and probably wouldn't have been broadcast if it had been shown. Nowhere on the tape does it show Heath actually doing drugs. If anything, he's talking about how he doesn't do them anymore because of his daughter. But yet, the media is still calling it the "Heath Ledger Drug Video!" Disgusting!

(Reuters) In her first statement since the death of her former companion Heath Ledger, actress Michelle Williams asked for privacy for her and daughter Matilda and said she suffers from a broken heart.

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken," Williams said in a statement released on Friday by Ledger's spokeswoman.

"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father," Williams continued in her statement.

"All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him," Williams' statement concluded.

MrsSpringsteen said:
(Reuters) In her first statement since the death of her former companion Heath Ledger, actress Michelle Williams asked for privacy for her and daughter Matilda and said she suffers from a broken heart.

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken," Williams said in a statement released on Friday by Ledger's spokeswoman.

"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father," Williams continued in her statement.

"All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him," Williams' statement concluded.

I feel so awful for her.:sad: She (and Heath's family) are so blessed to have that sweet, adorable little girl to carry his spirit on.

Thankfully Michele and Heath's family are all close with each other so Matilda will know him from the entire family

MrsSpringsteen said:

:hug: x infinity.

A "big possibility" exists that final autopsy results for Heath Ledger will be released as early as Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the New York City Medical Examiner's office tells PEOPLE.

The new findings will supplement those of an initial autopsy, whose inconclusive results were announced on Jan. 23, a day after the 28-year-old actor was found in his Manhattan apartment.

"The autopsy was inconclusive," Medical Examiner spokeswoman Ellen Borakove told PEOPLE on Jan. 23. "We have to do further testing including toxicology and tissue testing. Neither cause of death or manner of death has been concluded."

Michael Baden, a prominent forensic pathologist not involved with the investigation, told PEOPLE the initial inconclusive finding "rules out the natural causes, such as a brain hemorrhage, pneumonia or a cardiac abnormality."

"That leaves drug overdose as the most likely cause of death," Baden said.

That is so sad, people need to know that they can't combine prescription meds/take so many and they need to be very careful with them. If anything good can come from his death maybe that will be it, an awful way to learn. Maybe now the media will leave him the hell alone and stop trying to trash him.

elevated_u2_fan said:
I dunno, dying of a drug overdose - accidental or otherwise - is not exactly having your "name cleared" imo...

I was thinking more along the lines of illegal drugs as in the drug video ET wanted to air and the speculation that Mary-Kate's bodyguards were called to take illegal drugs out of his apartment. There was no basis for that other than the gossip mags erections for a big story.:| That smilie is directed at them not you, btw.

U2isthebest said:

I was thinking more along the lines of illegal drugs as in the drug video ET wanted to air and the speculation that Mary-Kate's bodyguards were called to take illegal drugs out of his apartment. There was no basis for that other than the gossip mags erections for a big story.:| That smilie is directed at them not you, btw.

ahh, that's what I was thinking you meant... I agree to that then.

His father's statement

"We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today's results put an end to speculation, but our son's beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography."

MrsSpringsteen said:
His father's statement

"We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today's results put an end to speculation, but our son's beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography."

That's a beautiful statement. His family and Michelle have shown unbelievable grace and courage under the added pressure of media scrutiny. I hope the media will respect their wishes.

ladywithspinninghead said:
According to TMZ, he wasn't at one of the Olsen's apts and the cops told TMZ the death was accidental.

Turns out the police were right. Who cares? The result is the same: Heath is still gone. Maybe something positive can come out of this. I know, to some, it might seem obvious, but maybe others out there can learn from Heath's death. That if you are taking multiple meds, you have to make sure that they interact well with each other before taking them.

I don't know, maybe I'm just grasping, but that's my take.

Oh yeah, and taking a lot of mulitple meds at the same time isn't so good either. Now matter how bad your ailment.

Last edited:
MrPryck2U said:

That if you are taking multiple meds, you have to make sure that they interact well with each other before taking them.

That is a good point.

Off topic - I work with seniors, and we have had pharmacists come in and talk to them about this topic. This is a real problem as a lot of senior citizens take many, many different types of prescription medications prescribed by multiple doctors. The best thing to do if you are taking multiple medications is to take a list of them (or just take all the bottles with you) to your primary care physician or a pharmacist so a qualified person can see if any of the medications that you are taking might interact in a harmful way with each other.

I'm on two medications, and I'm afraid to take anything else, even Tylenol when I might need it because I don't know how anything interacts. I called the pharmacy to ask if I could take Tylenol and cough medicine :shrug: I'd rather look like an idiot than the alternative.

R.I.P. Heath :sad:

Lila64 said:
I'm on two medications, and I'm afraid to take anything else, even Tylenol when I might need it because I don't know how anything interacts. I called the pharmacy to ask if I could take Tylenol and cough medicine :shrug: I'd rather look like an idiot than the alternative.

R.I.P. Heath :sad:

Better to be safe and ask a professional than to just risk it.

also, R.I.P. Heath :(

With the autopsy results for Heath Ledger now a matter of public record, the federal government is stepping in to determine how the actor was able to obtain so many prescription drugs.

"We are working with the NYPD to identify any illegally prescribed drugs that may have been prescribed to [Ledger]," New York's Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman Erin Mulvey tells PEOPLE, confirming news first reported by TVGuide.com on Wednesday.

New York City's Chief Medical Examiner on Wednesday announced that the 28-year-old actor's Jan. 22 death was accidentally caused by "the combined effects of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, and Doxylamine."

TV Guide said the Drug Enforcement Administration would probe how Ledger obtained the various drugs.

The People Magazine web site has some articles about the funeral if anyone wants to read them, it's very touching. They talk about the songs they played at the service too.

for a while there was a war on drugs and this meant drugs on the street.

but now, after heath's death, wrestler's death and just overall abuse of prescription drugs in general i am willing to be there's going to be a new war on drugs. the war on drugs that involve the upstanding suburbanite.

Back
Top Bottom