MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!? - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:07 PM
oh god...

I think I've just seen 10 thing I hate about you... nothing else of him... maybe 10 minutes of Brokeback mountain...

GOD... I'm really shocked...

I don't know... is just... I'll say it like I see it

just watching the trailers... THE TRAILERS of The Dark Knight... I was in AWE of him... of the performance... the laughter, the claps, the voice... everything... this guy turned me around just through THE TRAILERS.... just by seeing the trailers I was planning on going like 5 times to se TDK... just based on the trailers, I was giving him the OSCAR, JUST BASED ON THE TRAILERS!!!!....

THAT is a performer... THAT is an actor... THAT is an artist....

GOD DAMN...

RIP Heath Ledger

as someone wrote before, his Joker was bound to be legendary... now it is

Old 01-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Oh. My. God.

I just found out about this from Dlisted.

I remember when he and Michelle Williams were living in Brooklyn. They seemed like one of the truly happy couples in show business. And then they had their darling little girl. I was so sad to hear that they'd broken up.

Poor little Mathilda. My heart goes out to her, Michelle and all of Heath's family, friends and fans.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #213
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:07 PM
It's a few hours since finding out and posting my initial reaction in here. I'm still kind of in shock and, I have to admit, still pretty fucking shaken up about it. Whatever I am feeling is not at all relevant and 1,000,000 times less than whatever his loved ones are going through (I cannot even wrap my brain around someone telling his poor daughter), but, I feel how I feel. It's legitimately shaken me up and I'm not 100% sure why. I've been thinking about it all night. I see threads in here all the time about celebrity troubles, even deaths, and I usually do not even bat an eyelash. I work in the sports TV business and meet current and former athletes all the time and I usually just do not care, it's part of the job. I guess I just admired his work, especially in Brokeback, and hate to see such a promising career cut so severely and needlessly short. He's just an actor, you know, I don't know the guy.....but to me, our playwrights and authors and musicians and directors and actors are vital.....those 300 pages you read or the 2 hours you sit in the theater or the lyrics and sounds that move you, you need them. They take you away or they hold up a mirror and you can glean and feel so much. And he was a part of all that.

I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about. I'm just really upset. Sorry.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #214
Blue Crack Supplier

I think that sums it up well.

There are actors, and then there are those actors. I think people understand that.

From what it sounds like, he was one of those actors.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #215
musicidalist

That was lovely NSW... I feel the same way in regard to most of your points...

I heard people talking when I got to school in bits and pieces. I gathered a celebrity had died, so I asked who had died and when the response came back as Heath Ledger I went a little cold...

His little daughter was the very next thought to cross my mind.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #216
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:07 PM
(in response to NSW's post)

His death has definitely shaken up my day. I watched some of the news (Larry King - 1st half hour), and some other news/entertainment shows this evening. I'm still stunned. I sense it was accidental, but none-the-less, still feel quite saddened by his passing.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
It's a few hours since finding out and posting my initial reaction in here. I'm still kind of in shock and, I have to admit, still pretty fucking shaken up about it. Whatever I am feeling is not at all relevant and 1,000,000 times less than whatever his loved ones are going through (I cannot even wrap my brain around someone telling his poor daughter), but, I feel how I feel. It's legitimately shaken me up and I'm not 100% sure why. I've been thinking about it all night. I see threads in here all the time about celebrity troubles, even deaths, and I usually do not even bat an eyelash. I work in the sports TV business and meet current and former athletes all the time and I usually just do not care, it's part of the job. I guess I just admired his work, especially in Brokeback, and hate to see such a promising career cut so severely and needlessly short. He's just an actor, you know, I don't know the guy.....but to me, our playwrights and authors and musicians and directors and actors are vital.....those 300 pages you read or the 2 hours you sit in the theater or the lyrics and sounds that move you, you need them. They take you away or they hold up a mirror and you can glean and feel so much. And he was a part of all that.

I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about. I'm just really upset. Sorry.
Just what you said.

I can't really put into words how this is fucking me up tonight. I haven't been able to wrap my head around it. Possibly because no celebrity tragedy has every really affected me much at all before, but this one blew me away. Damn. Maybe it's just all the circumstances that make it so fucking unacceptable. It just SHOULDN'T have happened to him. You know?

He was obviously a vital part of a lot of people's lives, oh his daughter, my god, I can't even imagine. But he was also a vital part of his art, in a way a lot of actors or musicians or whoever aren't. He was one of the special ones, one of the special ones that hadn't quite earned his dues yet either, and that's the saddest part. A fantastic artist that the world has been suddenly and violently denied the utter privilege of sharing. And he was obviously an artist who lived to share his work. So sad, so wrong.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #218
Blue Crack Distributor

NSW, I know what you mean. I'm not having that reaction to Heath's passing, but you are making perfect sense.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #219
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

I just heard this on TV. I am shocked and stunned and saddened. How sad. Heath was such a great actor. Such a very sad loss. I feel sad for his daughter Mathilda also.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
I understand where you are coming from NSW .....even though I'm having conflicing emotions over this still!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

I agree completely. Who knew he had touched so many lives...heck I didn't even realize how much he touched me until now.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

I'm really disgusted with the paparazzi. I'm filled with anger that there was a crowd around his apartment while they were taking out the body. They have reached a new low.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 PM
Very sad
Old 01-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

I agree completely. Who knew he had touched so many lives...heck I didn't even realize how much he touched me until now.

Yeah. I don't normally get upset over celebrity deaths, but he was just starting to show how much talent he really had. I'm definitely a bit numb.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
I'm really disgusted with the paparazzi. I'm filled with anger that there was a crowd around his apartment while they were taking out the body. They have reached a new low.
That's because they are parasites and have nothing better to do with their lives. I think they need a taste of their own medicine.