MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently DDL was on Oprah today and said some really touching things about Health's passing. As soon as it's on youtube, hopefully I or someone more attentive will post it here.

If there's one absolute in Hollywood though, it's that Daniel Day-Lewis can be counted on remaining the utter definition of class.

Lancemc said:
Apparently DDL was on Oprah today and said some really touching things about Health's passing. As soon as it's on youtube, hopefully I or someone more attentive will post it here.

If there's one absolute in Hollywood though, it's that Daniel Day-Lewis can be counted on remaining the utter definition of class.

tmz has the clip here:
http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1389981778

beli said:

There is a funeral in the USA too? I didn't know that. Actually I don't know anything about any of his funerals. I was presuming he'd be buried/cremated at home.

Is that common in the USA, for there to be two funerals? (Im still presuming there is one here as well)

There's a memorial service in LA, but the actual funeral will be in Perth.

This

No spoken words said:
It's a few hours since finding out and posting my initial reaction in here. I'm still kind of in shock and, I have to admit, still pretty fucking shaken up about it. Whatever I am feeling is not at all relevant and 1,000,000 times less than whatever his loved ones are going through (I cannot even wrap my brain around someone telling his poor daughter), but, I feel how I feel. It's legitimately shaken me up and I'm not 100% sure why. I've been thinking about it all night. . .

And this
Irvine511 said:
Heath, I swear ...

Made me blink away tears yesterday in my sophomore homeroom. Mike, you put into words how I was feeling. Tuesday night, I was feeling that. And the feeling lingered. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

I'm surprised that in the Australian media at least, there haven't been many parallels drawn between Heath Ledger and Michael Hutchence, especially seeing as they are both by far the biggest "public" deaths in Australia over the past decade (Steve Irwin aside of course, and while he did die in a fairly crazy way, it was, I guess 'on the job' and under a fairly expected circumstance considering - ie death by animal).

Both died alone in pretty odd and mysterious circumstances (deliberate? accident?), both leave behind a very young daughter. Ledger was rumoured to be dating Helena Christensen, and she was on her way to his apartment when she found out. She, of course, dated Hutchence for a couple of years in the 90s. Ledger was rumoured to be interested in, or at least on the top of the producers wishlist, to play Hutchence in a planned biopic.

Heath Ledger died on January 22, Michael Hutchence's birthday.

I'm glad that they will have a memorial service statewide. But I don't think the media has any right to find out where and when the funeral is. Somehow someway I hope they can pull off a private funeral with no paparazzi there.

this ordeal has been in the back of my head since yesterday and reminiscing of river phoenix's untimely death. it's always sad when someone dies, and extremely upsetting when it's someone you and the closer they were to you the worse it is. a celebrity passing away usually doesn't have much reaction from me than the "how sad, prayers to their family". but heath ledger's death is more tragic and sad than to be expected. he was just starting to really get recognized by his work and acting ability, i remember being blown away by his performance in Candy and thinking "wow, I never gave him the credit he deserves" and once it was announced he was to be Joker it seemed everyone had faith he would deliver the goods.
I'm sure Batman movie is gonna be bigger than life, it's gonna be a monster but somewhat sad to see what a great young actor is now missing.

Heath's family have shared their grief with an Australian newspaper. Got this from People.com...

Heath Ledger's family members bared their grief in an Australian newspaper, writing of the heart-wrenching loss of the Hollywood actor – who to them was always a brother or a son.

In one of several messages in the death notices section of the West Australian on Friday, his mother Sally wrote:

Our darling boy, special in so many ways to all of us. You knew you were so loved. You lived life with courage and daring and we are so grateful for the wonderful times we shared. We will be there for Matilda.

His older sister Kate, who called her brother by the pet name "Roast," wrote:

I can hardly breathe when I try to write this. We were the ultimate in soul mates. I feel both my heart and life have been torn apart. I loved our special talks, our daily chats from where ever you were in the world.

I especially loved all the precious time we spent together. We were so fortunate to have you as long as we did. You were so many things to so many people, but to me you were just my little brother.

There will never, ever be another "Heath" and I think that in itself is the greatest tragedy.

I will continue to talk with you everyday and love you just as if you were here. You will never leave my thoughts "Roast", ever.

A Message from His Father
His father Kim, who called his son by the nicknames "Heatho" and "Beef," writes:

My beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent, so caring, so young . . . no more chess games mate . . . this is it, couldn't beat you anyway!

My body aches for the sound of your voice, our chats, our laughs and our life and times together.

Your truly varied artistic skills, insatiable desire to improve and eclectic abilities set you apart from any other person on the planet . . . it had only just started for you ... and for us to further enjoy. We were one, in soul and commitment. Just . . . Father and Son. I will love you forever, Dad.

His Entire Family Writes
And a note signed by his entire family read:

How do we describe our sudden and tragic loss? ... You were the most amazing individual "old soul" in a young man's body.

You so loved us, as we dearly loved you. As a close knit and very private family unit we have observed you so determined yet quietly travelling in your self-styled path in life, nothing would get in your way ... no mountain too tall, no river too wide.

You dreamed your dreams and lived them with passion and intelligent commitment. We have been privileged to accompany you on a ride through life that has simply been amazing and through it all, we have loved each other beyond imagination.

Your true legacy lives on in beautiful little Matilda, who will always remain in the greatest of care. Our hearts are broken.

Earnie Shavers said:
I'm surprised that in the Australian media at least, there haven't been many parallels drawn between Heath Ledger and Michael Hutchence, especially seeing as they are both by far the biggest "public" deaths in Australia over the past decade (Steve Irwin aside of course, and while he did die in a fairly crazy way, it was, I guess 'on the job' and under a fairly expected circumstance considering - ie death by animal).

Both died alone in pretty odd and mysterious circumstances (deliberate? accident?), both leave behind a very young daughter. Ledger was rumoured to be dating Helena Christensen, and she was on her way to his apartment when she found out. She, of course, dated Hutchence for a couple of years in the 90s. Ledger was rumoured to be interested in, or at least on the top of the producers wishlist, to play Hutchence in a planned biopic.

Heath Ledger died on January 22, Michael Hutchence's birthday.

That's freaky!

Umm.....Who the fuck is this bastard? Never heard of him before this.....I know NOW he is an un-godly son-of-a-bitch who apparently hates gays.......according to this mutant, he calls Australia "the land of Sodom"

Well if that's the case, let him come over and picket....I'm sure there are a few "Aussies" that would just love to give this sort of person who gets simple pleasures out of life by tearing wings off dying butterflies, a warm Australian G'DAY by stuffing his picket sign so far up his arse, his tounge will be reading "Im an Abomination!":rant:

Last edited:
fly so high! said:

That's freaky!

Umm.....Who the fuck is this bastard? Never heard of him before this.....I know NOW he is an un-godly son-of-a-bitch who apparently hates gays.......according to this mutant, he calls Australia "the land of Sodom"

Well if that's the case, let him come over and picket....I'm sure there are a few "Aussies" that would just love to give this sort of person who gets simple pleasures out of life by tearing wings off dying butterflies, a warm Australian G'DAY by stuffing his picket sign so far up his arse, his tounge will be reading "Im an Abomination!":rant:

That guy is a complete arsehole, I remember the Chasers pulled a stunt when he first started ranting.

But the loss of Heath is shocking, and so sad.
28 is way to young.

And like Earnie Shavers said, I am quite suprised that they havent made a link Between the 2 stars
Michael Hutchence was the first person i thought of when I was told the news.

fly so high! said:

Umm.....Who the fuck is this bastard?

He and his family (his "church" is comprised almost exclusively of family members) are inbred attention whores.

Earnie Shavers said:

There's a memorial service in LA, but the actual funeral will be in Perth.

That makes sense.

I, to, thought of Michael Hutchence. And I agree about the deaths of Steve Irwin, Peter Brock, etc, who died in ways we pretty much anticipated. Heath Ledgers death is a bit more of a surprise.

And in reply to the U2Girl1978, I doubt there will be paparazzi at the funeral. Perth is such a long long way from anywhere the paparazzi would lose a few days income just travelling here. I reckon the paparazzi will swarm on the memorial service in the USA though.

is this possible???

Heath's Death Could Be Natural Causes
Posted Jan 26th 2008 6:53PM by TMZ Staff

It sounds strange, but sources intimately connected with the Heath Ledger investigation tell TMZ it's possible the actor died of natural causes.

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

We've also learned authorities do not believe the housekeeper heard Ledger snoring when she walked in his bedroom at around 1:00 PM. Sources tell us, a fireman observed rigor mortis in Ledger's jaw shortly after arriving on scene at around 3:30 PM. Sources say they now believe Ledger was dead for around three hours prior to their arrival, so they don't believe the masseuse could have heard snoring.

Authorities are also annoyed at news reports that there may have been a sinister plot to remove illegal drugs from Ledger's apartment before cops and firemen arrived. There are reports out there that the masseuse called Mary-Kate Olsen and a plot was hatched to have her bodyguard remove certain drugs. Authorities tell us that's impossible, because the cops were there the entire time the bodyguard was present and there would have been no opportunity to carry out such a plan. They say it's a made up story.

As we first reported, the masseuse contacted the bodyguard because she knew he was a licensed EMT

U2Fanatic4ever said:
is this possible???

Heath's Death Could Be Natural Causes
Posted Jan 26th 2008 6:53PM by TMZ Staff

It sounds strange, but sources intimately connected with the Heath Ledger investigation tell TMZ it's possible the actor died of natural causes.

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

We've also learned authorities do not believe the housekeeper heard Ledger snoring when she walked in his bedroom at around 1:00 PM. Sources tell us, a fireman observed rigor mortis in Ledger's jaw shortly after arriving on scene at around 3:30 PM. Sources say they now believe Ledger was dead for around three hours prior to their arrival, so they don't believe the masseuse could have heard snoring.

Authorities are also annoyed at news reports that there may have been a sinister plot to remove illegal drugs from Ledger's apartment before cops and firemen arrived. There are reports out there that the masseuse called Mary-Kate Olsen and a plot was hatched to have her bodyguard remove certain drugs. Authorities tell us that's impossible, because the cops were there the entire time the bodyguard was present and there would have been no opportunity to carry out such a plan. They say it's a made up story.

As we first reported, the masseuse contacted the bodyguard because she knew he was a licensed EMT

I thought about this a few days ago.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
is this possible???

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why wouldn't it be a possibility?

I guess it's harder for people to believe that someone so young and apparently healthy to just die for no reason at all. It's easier to assume they must have done something to hasten their passing.

corianderstem said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why wouldn't it be a possibility?

I guess it's harder for people to believe that someone so young and apparently healthy to just die for no reason at all. It's easier to assume they must have done something to hasten their passing.

it's not.. I think my choice of words were the wrong ones. I know it's possible.. but you have to admit it's very rare for someone so young to die of natural causes without something influencing it somehow.. Trust me I think the world of Heath.. Amazing person and actor.
Now maybe it could be a undiagnosed heart condition that could of caused his death.

Irvine511 said:

but what's much more insidious are the jokes being made by Fox "News" talking head John Gibson. he claims he's just making a BBM joke, which is the safe way to make a gay joke, but it's gross and offensive and if you want, you should write to Fox News and tell them:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23/gibson-mocks-ledger/

uuugghhhh

like i needed another reason to hate fox news

That's in such poor taste. Disrespectful to gays, disrespectful to Heath and his family...what a fucking asshole. you don't make jokes like that when someone dies.

but yea the other preacher dude is fuckin nuts, ive heard of him before. Also an asshole, but may have some sort of brain damage as far as I can tell.

Don't know if its been mentioned in here, but apparently he really liked Nick Drake, and hoped to one day bring his story to the screen.

That would have been really interesting.

AtomicBono said:
That's in such poor taste. Disrespectful to gays, disrespectful to Heath and his family...what a fucking asshole. you don't make jokes like that when someone dies.

Gibson did apologize, but it was one of those half-assed "I'm sorry anyone was offended."

That barely counts.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

it's not.. I think my choice of words were the wrong ones. I know it's possible.. but you have to admit it's very rare for someone so young to die of natural causes without something influencing it somehow.. Trust me I think the world of Heath.. Amazing person and actor.
Now maybe it could be a undiagnosed heart condition that could of caused his death.

Also the housekeeper said when she entered the bedroom that Heath was covered and snoring, so I've been thinking it is a possibility he could have died from sleep apnea. Happens too often, and to the otherwise healthiest of people. Just a thought to toss out there. Another speculation and another natural cause of death.

I also don't understand why the masseuse took so long to call for REAL help, 9 mins? Come on.....I woulda called 911 immediately, not search HIS cell phone to call someone or to find a recognizeable name to call. Why why why????? :shrug:

:ohmy: wow.. Daniel Day Lewis is truly shaken up by heath's death. I am watching the SAG awards and he dedicated his award to him and talked about how amazing heath was.. He was on verge of tears just talking about him and to know that he has never worked with heath or met him I believe.. At least that is what he said when speaking with oprah..

Back
Top Bottom