MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From NY Times:

I've bolded a part that I found interesting:

Police Give New Details on Ledger Death

By Al Baker

Updated, 6:10 p.m. | The masseuse who discovered the body of Heath Ledger in a Manhattan apartment on Tuesday twice called a friend of his, the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, before calling 911, New York City police officials said on Wednesday. The officials, who provided new details about Mr. Ledger’s death, emphasized that no illegal drugs were found in the apartment and that there were no obvious signs of suicide. Tests on a rolled-up $20 bill that was found in the apartment found no evidence that the bill had been used to handle drugs, they said.

According to the police, around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at the apartment, at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, to do household chores. At about 1 p.m., she went into Mr. Ledger’s bedroom to change a light bulb in an adjacent bathroom; she found him on the bed face down, with the sheet pulled up to his shoulders, and heard him snoring.

A masseuse, Diana Wolozin, arrived to give Mr. Ledger a massage about 2:45 p.m. At 3 p.m., after Mr. Ledger did not emerge from his bedroom, with the door closed, the masseuse called him on his cellphone but got no answer. She entered the bedroom and saw him lying in bed. She took a massage table out of the closet and began to set it up near his bed. She then went over to him and shook him, but got no response. Using his cellphone, she used a speed-dial button to call Ms. Olsen in California to seek her guidance, knowing Ms. Olsen to be a friend of Mr. Ledger’s.

According to the authorities, Ms. Wolozin told Ms. Olsen that Mr. Ledger was unconscious. Ms. Olsen said she would call some private security people she knew in New York, and hung up. Ms. Wolozin again shook Mr. Ledger, called Ms. Olsen a second time, and said she believed the situation was grave and would call 911.

Ms. Wolozin called 911 at 3:26 p.m. to say that Mr. Ledger was not breathing. The call occurred less than 15 minutes since she had first seen him in bed and only a few moments after the first call to Ms. Olsen. The 911 operator urged Ms. Wolozin to try to revive Mr. Ledger, but Ms. Wolozin’s efforts were not successful.

Emergency medical workers arrived at 3:33 p.m., at almost exactly the same moment as a private security guard summoned by Ms. Olsen. The medical workers moved his body to the floor and then used a defibrillator and CPR, to no avail. Mr. Ledger was pronounced dead at 3:36 p.m. By that point, two other private security guards summoned by Ms. Olsen had arrived, as had police officers.

The police said that all five witnesses — Ms. Solomon, the housekeeper; Ms. Wolozin, the masseuse; and the three private security guards summoned by Ms. Olsen — were fully cooperating with the authorities.

The police conducted tests on a rolled-up $20 bill found in Mr. Ledger’s apartment, but found no evidence that the bill had been used for anything improper. No illegal narcotics or alcohol was found in the apartment. Prescription sleeping pills were found near the body, but it is not known if the medication played a role in his death.

The police said they were looking to examine any surveillance videos from the apartment building and the surrounding area but were also awaiting the results of an investigation by the New York City chief medical examiner. The office conducted an autopsy early Wednesday morning but said that the results were inconclusive and that additional testing was needed.

The death of Mr. Ledger, 28, the Australian-born actor whose breakthrough role as a gay cowboy in the 2005 movie “Brokeback Mountain” earned him a nomination for an Academy Award, has attracted international attention.

Link: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ide-new-details-on-ledger-death/index.html?hp

melon said:

Unsurprisingly, it's the same old Fred Phelps and his extended family that they call "a church."

On the bright side, the more they come out and make a fool of themselves, the more people stop and think about how wrong it is to be bigoted. That, at the very least, is a good thing.

Personally, I'd like to see Russell Crowe pull the car over for a minute on his way in, sort them out.

No, thanks for posting that Laz. He's so great. And yeah, the part with the baby clothes was just too much.

BM_0678.jpg

I C O N.

This could be considered a spoiler, but I'm sure it will be pretty well-known by the time the movie comes out:

Ledger's death will present problems for Batman producers - because the actor had already signed on to reprise his role as The Joker in the follow-up to this summer's The Dark Knight. He adds, "I guess they can easily re-write it or re-cast. But yes, it's true, Heath was supposed to return in the next Batman movie."

Cool that they were going for a longer arc for the character, but ironically he won't be able to make good on the promise.

: sigh :

Fuck man, I don't even want to see another Batman movie after this one if that's the case.

What do you do? Cast someone who looks like him and have them ape his performance? Or just cast someone who's talented and let them do their own thing along the same lines, and pretending that nothing happened?

I can't even begin to imagine who could (or would want to) step into those shoes. What a thankless job for whoever gets to do that.

In regards to the right-wing Christian mob picketing Heath Ledgers funeral - wont the funeral be here? Not in the USA? Or are they planning on commuting from Kansas to Perth? :huh:

I guess it's supposedly his stateside memorial service that they intend to picket, I know nothing about the funeral plans but that's what an article I read said. It also said this

"To be fair, the people of the Westboro Baptist Church aren’t the only ones displaying poor taste. Fox News’ John Gibson on Jan. 22 opened his radio show with funeral music and mocked a signature line from “Brokeback,” saying, “Well, he found out how to quit you.” (When Gibson was contacted to explain his comments, he declined.)"

impy13 said:
Seen this yet?

heathsx6.jpg

Personally, I think it's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Radical Christianity is just as bad as radical anything else. I don't know how you can preach love out of one side of your mouth and spew hate out the other. Obviously, it's absolutely repulsive, but unfortunately it's an actual flyer.

This so disgusting and evil. This is what pure hatred looks like. They believe so deeply that what they think is correct they have to spew it all over. They are no better than the Klan. :mad:

lazarus said:
What do you do? Cast someone who looks like him and have them ape his performance? Or just cast someone who's talented and let them do their own thing along the same lines, and pretending that nothing happened?

I can't even begin to imagine who could (or would want to) step into those shoes. What a thankless job for whoever gets to do that.
I assume the Joker is just recast. Since the character is in makeup anyway, it won't visually be that different, much like The Crow sequels (though the sequel characters were not Eric Draven, but others resurrected as "The Crow"). Obviously there'll be a performance difference and some shoes to fill, but the Batman franchise won't end due to Heath's death, I mean lets face it there's been 2367 different actors to play Batman so far, so a different actor as Joker won't stop the films, but fans may be less accepting of the next actor's portrayal.

JCOSTER said:

This so disgusting and evil. This is what pure hatred looks like. They believe so deeply that what they think is correct they have to spew it all over. They are no better than the Klan. :mad:

Yeah, it's so disgusting, that people have posted it 3 additional times!

MrsSpringsteen said:
I guess it's supposedly his stateside memorial service that they intend to picket, I know nothing about the funeral plans but that's what an article I read said. It also said this

There is a funeral in the USA too? I didn't know that. Actually I don't know anything about any of his funerals. I was presuming he'd be buried/cremated at home.

Is that common in the USA, for there to be two funerals? (Im still presuming there is one here as well)

With regards to Batman, I can see the next actor to play Joker receiving the same treatment that Daniel Craig had when he was announced as the new Bond and it won't be any more justified.

I know the events surrounding this case are far more tragic than any other recasting in recent history, but Heath wasn't the first actor to play this role nor would he have ever been the last. Someone is going to have to step into part three in his place and I hope people don't hurl mud at him just because he's not Heath.

I'm surprised how much his passing has affected me, I never felt this bad when Lady Di was killed and I'm too young to remember River.

beli said:

There is a funeral in the USA too? I didn't know that. Actually I don't know anything about any of his funerals. I was presuming he'd be buried/cremated at home.

Is that common in the USA, for there to be two funerals? (Im still presuming there is one here as well)

I don't know, I don't know anything about his funerals but it was just mentioned in that one article I read that there would be a memorial service in the US. If they did have one I assume it might be for friends and people in Hollywood, whatever who can't make it to Australia but want to pay respects. It would not be a funeral service like he would have in Australia.

monkeyskin said:
With regards to Batman, I can see the next actor to play Joker receiving the same treatment that Daniel Craig had when he was announced as the new Bond and it won't be any more justified.

I'm surprised how much his passing has affected me, I never felt this bad when Lady Di was killed and I'm too young to remember River.

In response to the Batman series, I think The Joker should just be done in The Dark Knight and make no reappearance in the 3rd.

And as for how his passing has affected me, it's affected me a lot more than I thought it would and makes me regret not seeing more of his movies when they were in the theatre. I think I'll be looking into them a bit more pretty soon here.

In a later interview, church spokeswoman Shirley Phelps-Roper told Fox News that the demonstrations would be limited to memorial services held in the US.

Thankfully. I was personally more affected by the prospect of fucknuts landing in my home town than the death of a celebrity.

:shivers:

PS RIP to Mr Ledger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom