MERGED --> Have you thought about your New Year's Resolutions yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Have you thought about your New Year's Resolutions yet?

-I'm going to try harder to speak Mr. LoveSlave's love language. :heart:

-I'm going to try to learn more every day about something related to veterinary medicine, even when I don't have a test to study for. :angel:

-I will also try my very hardest not to turn into a psycho lunatic when U2 announces their tour (and also try not to go bankrupt when I have the urge to go to every U.S. show) :hyper:

Arghhh that time of the year again.
I guess I want to quit smoking since I just turned 30 recently and I always said I would stop at 30 :huh:

New Year's resolutions are pointless.. lol. They never last. So I'm not making any :wink:

Get back on my diet before I start gaining back the 22 pounds i already lost!

Do my best to finish planning a stress-free wedding ... :D

Be better about my finances and saving/planning etc.

more star gazing
the usual one about health and energy
less chocolate:D
more of some things less of others
"love language:heart:.."more good ideas
less U2 psycho lunatic:crazy:..maybe:laugh:
happy new year
:)

I consider resolutions an ongoing process.

My current list of "things to do"

-get back on my diet
-start lifting weights again
-buy a house :| :impossible:

- try to keep my apartment clean like it is now after cleaning for the holidays

- clean out and organize my bedroom, it needs it bad :lol:

although i think these have been my new years resolutions for the last 2 or 3 years in a row :silent: :reject:

I have a few that I came up with earlier...

Stop getting baited into political arguments with family members!

Stop slamming certain relatives--though it is difficult when they come up in conversation constantly and I want to throw up.

To these, I should add:
Stop wishful thinking about certain guys in my aquaintence
Stop thinking about traveling overseas and just do it--there's nothing holding me back except myself.

ABEL said:
- try to keep my apartment clean like it is now after cleaning for the holidays

- clean out and organize my bedroom, it needs it bad :lol:

although i think these have been my new years resolutions for the last 2 or 3 years in a row :silent: :reject:

Those old resolutions , its like visiting old friends! :lol:

Nothing changes on New Year's Day, so why should I?

:wink:

A few resolutions:

Do more yoga.
Buy more music.
Meditate more.

Those are the important ones, though I'm always trying to be on a course of self-improvement year round. We'll see how it goes.

I actually kept my 2003 New Year's resolution, which was to lose 20 pounds! I did it! For 2004 I'm going to be a better housekeeper. I'm tired of disgusting messes and not being able to find things.

I usually don't make any because I don't keep them but I'm gonna go for it this year...

-Stop being a push-over
-Start going to the gym on a regular basis to get in shape for indoor soccer
-Read the Bible all the way through (always wanted to, I'll give it a shot.... let's see how far I get though :slant: )

I won?t make it a resolution per se, but I

- plan to finish. my studies. this year. (finally, I hope- just to lazy to invest time for thesis every day)
- plan to make my boss rich(er than he already is)
- hope to find the. right. girl. (I am a little in love but I don?t really believe in love no more but maybe I can find it again ...it?s a complicated story. very complicated but very nice)

Last edited:
well here it is, day 2 for me already
:eyebrow:
resolutions are made to be broken

aren't they?:sad:

how you doing musiclovers?

1. complete my u2 music collection
2. get myself a woman
3. make money
4. continue to promote athiesm
5. do what i can for world peace
6.live life to the max

*I have resolved to become a crack dealer and live in a ghetto at least once this year
*I will also develop a rather nasty pokie habit and live on the dole as is my God given right as an Australian, supported by our hippy bleeding heart government
*I will make time to take over the world
*I will start with the Greater Western Sydney Metro area
*I will prove once and for all that a diet of Pepsi max for 2 weeks straight WILL make you lose weight, though I cannot guarantee it is possible to avoid fluid retention
*I will quit telemarketing telemarketing companies for their advice on completely unrelated products like roller shutters with a spring water delivery service company
*I vow to learn Swahili, just because I can...er...can't
*And lastly, the loungeroom will be redecorated in pale Beech finish with chocolate brown soft furnishings. The pink lounge is going. My God it is going.

So there.

Aha! I was hoping there would be a thread about this. :up:

I am all for New Year's Resolutions, I think even if you only accomplish one or two things on your list, you are improving yourself positively from last year. I think I only got about 45% on last year's resolutions....but what I did achieve was important, so I am glad I made them. :yes:

SO....this year my 2004 resolutions are:

1) Learn to drive if it's the last thing I ever do!!!!
2) Finish Pleba Short Stories
3) Read Gospel of John (this was suggested to me as a good intro to the Bible, just to get a basic idea of what it's all about, as my knowledge is severely lacking).
4) Watch "Fall of Eagles" a historical documentary my mom taped me which is STILL sitting on shelf after about 8 years!
5) Take up Pilates
6) Go to gym minimum of twice a week (including pilates), and ballet class once a week.
7) Get Body fat under 25%.
8) Build up savings cushion and stop raiding line of credit, except for major emergencies.
9) Drink a minimum of 1 litre of water per day.
10) Develop a realistic plan for the future, research options.

Back
Top Bottom