MERGED-->Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #46
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
I saw it this afternoon, I really liked it. Vast improvement over Azakaban.

My biggest complaint is Michael Gough as Dumbledore. The man has no dignity and no subtlety. Dumbledore grabbing Harry and throwing him around?? What?? And the end--he's about to give a somber speech and he's twitching with his sleeve like a drug addict. It's even reflected in his dirty, shabby costumes.
WHY didn't they get Peter O'Toole??? It's like Gough plays it just to be different than Richard Harris, rather than borrowing what was brilliant about his performance.

I loved the Durmstrang students though. Their costumes were great. I wanted to hear Victor say "Her-my-o-nin-nee" though!

Cedric was gorgeous! And Ralph Fiennes was, of course, excellent. I must have seen a fake picture of him as Voldemort--I went in going "Oh, I saw it, he's terrifying" and then was totally surprised.

And I loved seeing Lucius Malfoy again. Can't wait for #5 so he finally gets some scenery to chew again.
Sorry to be a corrector, but Michael Gambon plays Dumbledore, and he I wondered why he threw Harry around too...

Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Cedric was gorgeous!
i feel like such a dirty girl for noticing this, too.

is this kid even 20??!

Old 11-23-2005, 12:30 AM   #48
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:50 AM
My sister kept saying "Robbing the cradle...can't...look!! Too young!" I think we're forgiven, considering how old the actress who plays Moaning Myrtle is, and look at what she got up to!

He has that beautiful rosy English skin...

Lemon, you're right, I realized I'd mixed them up. Oh well, he's still the worst Dumbledore ever. I've yet to see a film where Gambon doesn't come off sleazy, great choice for a kid's film.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:50 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
i am such a sucker for that rosy skin.

i'm with you on the michael gambon thing. he just seemed so rough and he yelled a lot. he hardly seemed the kindly, old man from the books.

and am i the only one who thinks that emma watson is a terrible actress? it seemed to me that she overacted in practically every scene. her eyebrows were all over the place when she was speaking - it was really distracting.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:37 AM   #50
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman

i feel like such a dirty girl for noticing this, too.

is this kid even 20??!

I felt the same way!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman

and am i the only one who thinks that emma watson is a terrible actress? it seemed to me that she overacted in practically every scene. her eyebrows were all over the place when she was speaking - it was really distracting.
No. She uses way too much body language and puts way too much emphasis on her accent.
I though the ball scene where she went all Cinderella on the stairs was one of the most cringeworthy moments (in terms of bad acting) from the films so far.

Quote:

And I loved seeing Lucius Malfoy again. Can't wait for #5 so he finally gets some scenery to chew again.
I hope so, since he sure as hell isn't going to be getting much in film 6

Hopefully there will be more of Draco/Lucius/Snape in the next film. I like the bad characters - they tend to being in some good comedy to it in places
Old 11-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #52
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday

I hope so, since he sure as hell isn't going to be getting much in film 6

Hopefully there will be more of Draco/Lucius/Snape in the next film. I like the bad characters - they tend to being in some good comedy to it in places
I was so annoyed they cut him out of POA! There was no good reason to do that. I thought, continuity wise, it was important to keep Lucius in the mix and show how much legitimate power the dark wizards had grabbed.

It doesnt sound like Jason Isaacs has read book 5 yet, and I'm shocked.

Have you been here? They have really good screen captures...

Jason Isaacs Photo Album
Old 11-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:50 PM
Quote:

I was so annoyed they cut him out of POA! There was no good reason to do that. I thought, continuity wise, it was important to keep Lucius in the mix and show how much legitimate power the dark wizards had grabbed.

It doesnt sound like Jason Isaacs has read book 5 yet, and I'm shocked.

Have you been here? They have really good screen captures...

Jason Isaacs Photo Album
I have never seen that website in my life...

This one is rather good too http://www.jason-isaacs.netfirms.com...enebyscene.htm - they have alot more screen captures up

I don't even remember him being mentioned in PofA . I thought he may have shown up because he enodied the whole pantomime villain (boohiss) idea quite well, but alas, no.

Snape doesn't quite cut it as the charismatic handsome villain
Old 11-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm sure he would prefer the term "rudy". Its a bit more masculine?

Old 11-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #55
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday

I have never seen that website in my life...

This one is rather good too http://www.jason-isaacs.netfirms.com...enebyscene.htm - they have alot more screen captures up

I don't even remember him being mentioned in PofA . I thought he may have shown up because he enodied the whole pantomime villain (boohiss) idea quite well, but alas, no.

Snape doesn't quite cut it as the charismatic handsome villain

Oooh, thanks--that is a good one.

I thouht he was present at Buckbeak's execution, but I just looked at the book and he's not...but he was behind all that because it had slashed up Draco. So they could have tossed him a cameo.

My sister adores Snape...whole house of secret Slytherins I guess.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:31 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm not even going to see it. Why? I'm afraid it'll mar what fond memories I have of the actual book.

I grew up with Harry Potter. To this day, I can still remember exactly what it felt like being a nerdy little thirteen-year-old in the days leading up to the release of The Goblet Of Fire. So I got into the game a little later than some of the older fans did (just after The Prisoner Of Azkaban hit the shelves), but it was still quite a while before all the movie talk started.

When GOF arrived, I was beside myself with joy. I even bunked school just to get the whole thing read in one sitting (I seem to recall quite a few of my classmates doing the same thing.) At that age, the whole idea of reading a book of that length in two days seemed almost unimaginable, but I did it. And I loved every moment of it. The trip to the Burrow, the Quidditch World Cup (especially the leprechauns - I was only just getting into U2 at that time, and imagined all of them looking like Bono), the horror of the Dark Mark, the journey back to Hogwarts, the excitement of the tasks, Malfoy the bouncing ferret, SPEW, Lord Voldemort, the death of Cedric... It all just blew my mind. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

When the first movie came out, I was very excited. I thought, how cool to see my favourite characters on the big screen! But that just turned out to be a huge disappointment. I hated it that my mental images of the characters/settings were completely destroyed by a film that seemed to be concerned with only one thing - special effects.

So I don't want to risk all that I remember of GOF on some lame, half-arsed butchering of the story. I haven't enjoyed any of the movies so far (I'm so sick and bloody tired of seeing that effing CGI Dobby in my head whenever I read the books, now) and I doubt I'd enjoy this latest attempt. One of my greatest complaints with the movies is their complete disregard for JK Rowling's sense of humour. And I mean complete disregard. It's just flashy special effect here, flashy special effect there, stupid CGI character, more flashy special effects, silly scene hopping, etc.

Warner Bros. should have never gotten their filthy hands on Harry Potter. I'll just stick to the books.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:54 AM   #57
New Yorker

I saw it on opening day and again last night. I'm thinking of going tomorrow or Friday. I'm sick that way.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:57 AM   #58
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
I'm not even going to see it. Why? I'm afraid it'll mar what fond memories I have of the actual book.

I grew up with Harry Potter. To this day, I can still remember exactly what it felt like being a nerdy little thirteen-year-old in the days leading up to the release of The Goblet Of Fire. So I got into the game a little later than some of the older fans did (just after The Prisoner Of Azkaban hit the shelves), but it was still quite a while before all the movie talk started.

When GOF arrived, I was beside myself with joy. I even bunked school just to get the whole thing read in one sitting (I seem to recall quite a few of my classmates doing the same thing.) At that age, the whole idea of reading a book of that length in two days seemed almost unimaginable, but I did it. And I loved every moment of it. The trip to the Burrow, the Quidditch World Cup (especially the leprechauns - I was only just getting into U2 at that time, and imagined all of them looking like Bono), the horror of the Dark Mark, the journey back to Hogwarts, the excitement of the tasks, Malfoy the bouncing ferret, SPEW, Lord Voldemort, the death of Cedric... It all just blew my mind. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

When the first movie came out, I was very excited. I thought, how cool to see my favourite characters on the big screen! But that just turned out to be a huge disappointment. I hated it that my mental images of the characters/settings were completely destroyed by a film that seemed to be concerned with only one thing - special effects.

So I don't want to risk all that I remember of GOF on some lame, half-arsed butchering of the story. I haven't enjoyed any of the movies so far (I'm so sick and bloody tired of seeing that effing CGI Dobby in my head whenever I read the books, now) and I doubt I'd enjoy this latest attempt. One of my greatest complaints with the movies is their complete disregard for JK Rowling's sense of humour. And I mean complete disregard. It's just flashy special effect here, flashy special effect there, stupid CGI character, more flashy special effects, silly scene hopping, etc.

Warner Bros. should have never gotten their filthy hands on Harry Potter. I'll just stick to the books.
It's not that bad actually. When they said that certain things would be taken out I was PISSED!

But after having seen it, I think they took out what wasn't integral and kept in what was. I think they did a good job with it.

I'm going to see it a third time if that's any indication, lol.

I didn't like the 3rd movie all that much and the first 2 weren't great but I really like the 4th.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:22 PM   #59
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

The movies are only getting better, but the books peaked at this one

so hopefully the movie versions of the next 2 books won't disappoint like the books have
Old 11-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #60
New Yorker

I saw it again today...

OBSESS-MUCH!???