MERGED-->Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2005, 02:43 AM   #31
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday
All I feel is that it needed alot more Lucius Malfoy in it.

I am VERY excited to see #4 because of Lucius.

I secretly root for him in the books...

Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 PM   #32
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:00 AM
Just got back from seeing it. While I read the books as soon as they come out, I rarely remember most of what happens, so the movies are usually a fresh experience for me.

I liked it a lot. It was pretty jam-packed and a bit rush, but jeez, the books only get longer from here on out. What's the next flick going to be like, pace-wise?

The actor who played Cedric reminded me of Christian Bale, so yum to that. And I was disturbed at how attractive I found Draco.

So yeah. What did I take away from the movie? Inappropriate hotness of young men.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

So yeah. What did I take away from the movie? Inappropriate hotness of young men.
You took away inappropriate hotness of young men, I took away inappropriate hotness of older men.

Now if we could swap this inappropriateness around, we'd be sorted.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:00 AM
The movie made over $100 mil this weekend.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:40 PM   #35
Babyface

Is there a Harry Potter video game...just wondering.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Yes, there is one for each movie so far. The Goblet of Fire is 35 bucks I believe, relatively well-priced.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Just saw it today...

I noticed the inappropriate hotness of young men too. Then I felt like a bad person. Then I noticed it again... et cetera....

I also noticed there were a lot of very young children there. Like, in the 3-4 years age range. After reading the book (and seeing the PG-13 rating) I would NEVER take my children to see that in the theater, and doubly so now that I've actually seen it myself. Talk about nightmares.

I thought it was a bit rushed, but understandably so. Quite a lot of story to fit into the movie.

Ralph Finnes (sp?) is terrifying. I hope I never meet that man.

I give it about 4.5 stars.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristie

I also noticed there were a lot of very young children there. Like, in the 3-4 years age range. After reading the book (and seeing the PG-13 rating) I would NEVER take my children to see that in the theater, and doubly so now that I've actually seen it myself. Talk about nightmares.
That was one of the things which stood out to me too. Had I been a child attending it, I would have been terrified - especially with the maze scene, and, of course, Voldemort's appearance at the end.

I think they took advantage of the PG-13 (or 12a) rating as much as they could - much more 'bloody hell''s from Ron (the kids in the cinema I was at gasped in shock everytime he said it ) and the scandalous 'Piss Off'. I also thought the scene with Harry in the bath was a bit suggestive, but I guess children don't pick up on that.

My main surprise is that they left the ending out with Cornelius Fudge and Dumbledore parting ways over what they think about Voldemort, but I guess they might include that at the beginning of the next movie - it's pretty crucial, after all

And correct me if i'm wrong (it's been a while since I read the Goblet Of Fire), but doesn't Fudge have Bertie Crouch Jnr's taken care of by a dementor, or did I just imagine that?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 AM   #39
Refugee

i think that movie adaptations should be more about capturing the "feel" of the novel than following the plot line point by point....i felt that the third movie was by far the best in doing this. Yes, it was really shortened, and yes Harry Potter freaks were upset over this, but the third movie encapsulates the characters, their motives, the book's mood so much better than this one. This last one felt more like a studio's demonstration of it's capablities.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:15 AM   #40
Acrobat

I like this movie a lot. Though, I'm still convinced that these books are not meant for children. This 8 or 9 year old girl next to me was crying and whimpering because she was so scared. The thing is, they didn't change anything from the book for the movie. It's the same type of content.

I have always loved Ralph Fiennes. He's so good at playing bad guys, it's scary. He's such an excellent actor.

Go see it, but don't take kids would be scared.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
So yeah. What did I take away from the movie? Inappropriate hotness of young men. [/B]
lmao!!! Throughout the movie my friend and I kept whispering - "he's only 15, he's only 15"!!!

Oooh I loved the movie, I thought the acting was superior to the other ones, and the set was phenomenal, and the scenes had a lot of energy and were very dynamic. I agree the first 15 min were rushed but after that Goblet of Fire was introduced the pace was fine with me. I really enjoyed it and will probalby see it again in the theaters.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:11 AM   #42
I Serve Larry's Stick

My brother and I saw this Saturday and we thought it was great, even though there is a large absense of certain storylines. And yes, the end was incredibly rushed. Like Harry, Ron and Hermione smiling to each other and discussing writing to each other during the summer? Harry's traumatization seemed gone at that point, although we know everything with Cedric haunts him in book 5.

Oh yes, the end with the real and fake moody's felt a bit too "scooby-doo" for me. It made me laugh.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:34 PM   #43
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:00 AM
I loved it, easily the best of the 4 for me, but I had 2 gripes about it

1) No mention of Dobby or the House-Elf Brigade thing, but it wasn't that important to the story I guess

2) The focus on the Triwizard Tournament, in my opinion it would've been better if the focus was on the kids and the end of their innocence, because the readers of the book know it's only downhill from here.

The Order of the Phoenix I think will translate into a great movie, more Sirius, more Ministry-involvement, a new bitch = Umbridge
Old 11-22-2005, 07:47 PM   #44
I Serve Larry's Stick

Ugh...Umbridge. Such a wretched character.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #45
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:00 AM
I saw it this afternoon, I really liked it. Vast improvement over Azakaban.

My biggest complaint is Michael Gough as Dumbledore. The man has no dignity and no subtlety. Dumbledore grabbing Harry and throwing him around?? What?? And the end--he's about to give a somber speech and he's twitching with his sleeve like a drug addict. It's even reflected in his dirty, shabby costumes.
WHY didn't they get Peter O'Toole??? It's like Gough plays it just to be different than Richard Harris, rather than borrowing what was brilliant about his performance.

I loved the Durmstrang students though. Their costumes were great. I wanted to hear Victor say "Her-my-o-nin-nee" though!

Cedric was gorgeous! And Ralph Fiennes was, of course, excellent. I must have seen a fake picture of him as Voldemort--I went in going "Oh, I saw it, he's terrifying" and then was totally surprised.

And I loved seeing Lucius Malfoy again. Can't wait for #5 so he finally gets some scenery to chew again.