MERGED--> Google Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
Google Earth

you guys gotta check this out! this is better than google maps in many ways!!!! i'm a geography major an just love this program, lets you find your home address or any place an zoom in on images from satelite radar enhanced with street info, 3D buildings, can do driving directions too an view a 'tour' of your route..u can save, print, email the map with any thing on it like schools, census, train stations, restaurants, etc , :up:

free download..

http://earth.google.com/

Last edited:

Thanks but not yet for macs.......Steve Jobs where are ya?

But I do have On-Star and a navigational system in my car.

Looks great though.

:|

Google Earth is the best thing since sliced bread.

NO....BIGGER!

Google Earth is the best thing since..........Google maps!:|

I think it's great, but i don't think it's been updated in a couple of years too. Some renovation to u.s. cellular field is not depicted.(it still looks like flying saucer)

nbcrusader said:
The graphics are amazing, especially the tilt function to give a "3D" effect.

yes if you use the tilt over Mt. Everest:up: and Mount Saint Helens:drool: I cannot stop playing with this thing!

this thing is brilliant. i love it. or at least i did love it until a few weeks ago i played with it and looked up china and couldn't the great wall and got frustrated.
:reject:

Angela Harlem said:
this thing is brilliant. i love it. or at least i did love it until a few weeks ago i played with it and looked up china and couldn't the great wall and got frustrated.
:reject:

my friend and i were having a contest over the phone to see who could find different landmarks first . . . we coulnd't find the Great Wall either.

Hello, thread. Welcome to two-three months ago! :wave:

I've been using this thing for a while but kind of stopped in a sulk since my city comes up as a crap blurred image! :mad:

I LOVE Google earth.

I located my girl in Italy!! well at least the building she stays in!

very cool indeed

discothequeLP said:

my friend and i were having a contest over the phone to see who could find different landmarks first . . . we coulnd't find the Great Wall either.

I was like that with Mt. Everest...FINALLY I found it but I had to look at the elevation of every Mtn between China and India until I found on that said 28,000 feet:| then the name popped up:madspit:

*goes to try to find great wall:hyper:

I cannot find the great wall either:grumpy: and I was scanning everywhere.....this can only mean one thing...the great wall doesn't exist its just a lie:angry:

i found where its supposed to be but can't see it..... i'll show you where to look...first, maje sure you have 'keyhole community BBS' checked under layers then when you zoom in on the Po Hai (body of water north of yellow sea but connected to it too) an saw this...

GoogleEarth_Image2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jesse! :hug: It's a little weird not seeing you every other day at a show in Europe...see you in the fall, I'm sure...

and yes, I love Google Earth. :heart:

The potential for it is huge. Especially when you think about how it will eventually link up with other Google services, or how whole communities can be built around it. I've heard people talking about building a system over the top of it, you'll be able to click on a city or even a neighbourhood within a city - get the news for the day from there, see a list of people from there online to chat, see listings of what is going on there, history of the place, 'guided' tours etc. Added to that you could click and get a listing of people with a little profile on them, if you find someone who's life you think sounds interesting or maybe has a similar 'biography' or interests to you, but happens to live in China, click and get a little video diary or tour of their favourite restaurants, their school, a little snapshot of life in some far away village from the perspective of someone not too different to you.

Our world is becomming an interesting place. While it seems there's a whole generation there who are wanting to move the world further apart, there's also a generation there who are honestly going to feel like a person on the other side of the world is as close as the person down the street.

Wanna know how dangerous that site is???? I ran several local West Coast locations and all of the images remained blurred...but when I ran the White House, Pentagon, The Capital....you could see everything, every road, every exit, every ingree/egress to the area....I don't think the Taliban or other State's enemy knows of Google-Earth.....:mad:

Back
Top Bottom