MERGED->Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now!It's REALLY GOOD!+Calling all OASIS fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dn9909

The Fly
Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

GO PRE-ORDER THE NEW OASIS ALBUM NOW! IT'S REALLY GOOD!

Had a preview listening session of the new Oasis album days ago. I'm giving it a 8/10 on two listenings for now, maybe higher on more subsequent listenings. Have a feeling this album is going to be a "grower" in the realms of Dylan's Highway 61 Revisted or U2's Achtung Baby. The album flows very well.

If you think Lyla is good, you just wait.

Last edited:
Re: Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

dn9909 said:
GO PRE-ORDER THE NEW OASIS ALBUM NOW! IT'S REALLY GOOD!

Had a preview listening session of the new Oasis album days ago. I'm giving it a 8/10 on two listenings for now, maybe higher on more subsequent listenings. Have a feeling this album is going to be a "grower" in the realms of Dylan's Highway 61 Revisted or U2's Achtung Baby. The album flows very well.

If you think Lyla is good, you just wait.

Give a more detailed run-down than that!

Whats the general sound of the album? is it consistent? Is Noel back on form? etc..;)

I'm not digging Lyla at all, it's a bit messy, especially the way it builds, a bit of a disappointment. Still curious to hear what the album is going to be like right enough.

Re: Re: Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

Sleep Over Jack said:

Give a more detailed run-down than that!

Whats the general sound of the album? is it consistent? Is Noel back on form? etc..;)

In my humble opinion, the sound is like a cross between The Stranglers, a splash of The Kinks, and a little bit of Dylan. The album is very varied; but as a whole, its very good.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

dn9909 said:

In my humble opinion, the sound is like a cross between The Stranglers, a splash of The Kinks, and a little bit of Dylan. The album is very varied; but as a whole, its very good.

Does it sound really different to the first two Oasis albums? how does it hold up to them in terms of quality? Also, what are the songs "Turn Up The Sun" and "Keep The Dream Alive" like?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

Sleep Over Jack said:

Does it sound really different to the first two Oasis albums? how does it hold up to them in terms of quality? Also, what are the songs "Turn Up The Sun" and "Keep The Dream Alive" like?

I do remember some about the first track on the album Turn Up The Sun. Its a very rockin song. Has the bravado of a Supersonic.

As for the case of Keep The Dream Alive, I can remember the chorus vaguely which has an uplifting sense about it. I wished I can elaborate but I just can't with the limited time of listening to it.

I have to add: If you have reservations about Lyla, it fits the album very well, just like every song on the album.

If you think I'm biased, I'm more of a U2 fan than an Oasis fan actually.

Last edited:
I really like Lyla, so I'm good to go;)

Thanks for your thoughts on the album, it seems to be getting a lot of praise from the various advance listens that I've come across, and it seems like it will be the most eclectic album from Oasis yet!

Rock and roll mathematics:

Lyla<Lola<Layla

I've never met or even heard of anyone with any of those names.

Oasis is just a band I've never "gotten". Never did anything for me...absolutely nothing. Maybe I've never given them enough of a chance. Maybe I was turned off the snotty British attitudes of the two brothers - you know, stuff like "We're better than the Beatles" - that crap. Let me tell you this...they couldn't hold a candle to the Beatles. For one The Beatles had so many different styles not just one. I don't know, I don't want to come down on something I have little knowledge of but I JUST DON'T GET IT?????

Harry Vest said:
Oasis is just a band I've never "gotten". Never did anything for me...absolutely nothing. Maybe I've never given them enough of a chance. Maybe I was turned off the snotty British attitudes of the two brothers - you know, stuff like "We're better than the Beatles" - that crap. Let me tell you this...they couldn't hold a candle to the Beatles. For one The Beatles had so many different styles not just one. I don't know, I don't want to come down on something I have little knowledge of but I JUST DON'T GET IT?????

I'm not a big fan either, but I am a fan; you cannot deny their songs.

Live Forever, Supersonic, Slide Away, Cigarettes and Alcohol, Rockin Chair, The Masterplan, Half The World Away, Wonderwall, Some Might Say, Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, Don't Go Away, Stand By Me, Gas Panic, Songbird, The Hindu Times..........I could still go on.

Ignore the Beatles' comparisons and just listen to the songs. I like the melodies in their songs; because in the end, that's what get you into music, and what keeps you coming back. Heck, I even like the early Bee Gees stuff because they're timeless songs, man. As somebody once say, "I don't discriminate against good music from anybody."

typhoon said:
Rock and roll mathematics:

Lyla<Lola<Layla

i think my sister used to have a friend called layla.

:shrug:

as for oasis...i'll hear it when i hear it.

Its ridiculous to not give a band a chance because you didn't like what they said about the almight Beatles in an interview once..people need to get over the Beatles/Oasis thing.

Sleep Over Jack said:
Its ridiculous to not give a band a chance because you didn't like what they said about the almight Beatles in an interview once..people need to get over the Beatles/Oasis thing.

no one here (or in this thread anyway) seems overly stuck on the beatles thing.

they've been around for several years, people have given them chances regardless of whether or not they wanted to. it's not like they're some up-and-coming band no one knows. people have formed opinions.

Uh...you did see Harry Vest's post right? Thats why I made that comment, and its an attitude I see from a lot of Americans that the holy Beatles(I'm a huge Beatles fan before you start;)) can't ever be knocked off their pedestal, and so Oasis were never given a chance because of this entrenched point of view.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

Sleep Over Jack said:

Could I ask you a few more things?

Were there many rock and roll songs on the album? was it more up-beat acoustic things?

Is Meaning Of Soul a good song, because I've heard some remark its the worst song on there.

What was your favourite song?

What is Stop The Clocks like?

Thanks again:drool:

nope, sorry, i didn't see that one. i see it now.

'my bad'

i checked out "lyla". i like it. i like the fact that it's not sickeningly catchy. parts of the melody make me want to start sining "honky tonk woman", but since i've recently really been liking that (and the stones in general) more than usual, that's probably why i like it.

edit: Sorry, not honky tonk woman. i can't remember what song i meant. or maybe i did mean that one. i'm confused. but it sounds like something.

Last edited:
I like it as well, its quite a free-flowing song, and I don't think Liam has sounded so good as he does on this in a long while.

street fighting man.

"...charging feeeeeeeeeeeeet, boy"

"revoluuuuuuuuuution"

"soluuuuuuuuuution"

that's what i was thinking.

edit: and after listening to lyla, street fighting man, and then lyla again...i don't know what the hell i was talking about.

Last edited:
Theres definite Street Fighting man similarities there, the song as a whole makes me think of the Beggars Banquet era. I particularly like the little guitar breaks. Apparently its the most "Oasis-y" song on the album, perhaps our friend dn9909 can tell us more? ;):drool:

I remember a few months before I registered (when I was a lurker) there was this guy on Interference with the handle 'Noel Gallagher' from 'Manchester, UK' and he'd post about 'being in the best band in the fookin' world' and stuff like that. It was freakin' funny in a contrived kind of manner.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

Sleep Over Jack said:

Could I ask you a few more things?

Were there many rock and roll songs on the album? was it more up-beat acoustic things?

Is Meaning Of Soul a good song, because I've heard some remark its the worst song on there.

What was your favourite song?

What is Stop The Clocks like?

Thanks again:drool:

I have a hunch that you're a massive Oasis fan.

As I posted earlier, I wish I can fulfill your unlimited curiosity but I've listened to the album on only two different occasions. As I can remember, there are some "acoustic-based" songs that are standout tracks; these "acoustic-based" songs are much more intricate and more layered than say a Songbird (a dear favorite of mine) off the last album.

In more reflecting, the songs are very varied as mentioned before; the only songs that is remotely like the rock 'n roll songs of Oasis' past are Lyla and the other song with "dream" in the chorus.

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's the song "Stop The Clocks" ; of what I've heard at least.

The last song I heard was quite good, couldn't remember the title of it though.

Now stop it and wait for the album like everybody else. When you get the album, you can judge for yourself. You wouldn't want a hack like me to tell you what's good or not. Bye, bye for now. Damn it, I'm spending too much on the computer, so long.

typhoon said:
Lyla<Lola<Layla

strip clubs usually have a layla hanging around.
from what ive heard.

If Lyla is only the 7th best tune (according to Noel) on the album, its going to be a great record!

(He seemed rather bullish on MTV today;))

Back
Top Bottom