MERGED->Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now!It's REALLY GOOD!+Calling all OASIS fans - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2005, 03:57 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest
Oasis is just a band I've never "gotten". Never did anything for me...absolutely nothing. Maybe I've never given them enough of a chance. Maybe I was turned off the snotty British attitudes of the two brothers - you know, stuff like "We're better than the Beatles" - that crap. Let me tell you this...they couldn't hold a candle to the Beatles. For one The Beatles had so many different styles not just one. I don't know, I don't want to come down on something I have little knowledge of but I JUST DON'T GET IT?????
The Gallaghers were on 14 kinds of chemicals when they made those statements.

I love bands who have some arrogance about themselves. After why else would you think they were bloody fantastic if the band themselves didn't think so too!

Anyway, nothing a bit of "sarcasm detector" wouldn't help.

Old 04-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #32
The Fly

Local Time: 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl

The Gallaghers were on 14 kinds of chemicals when they made those statements.

I love bands who have some arrogance about themselves. After why else would you think they were bloody fantastic if the band themselves didn't think so too!

Anyway, nothing a bit of "sarcasm detector" wouldn't help.
"C'mon Baby Blue/ shake yer eyes up/ the world is waitin for ya." - Actual lyrics (or somethin close to it) from the last song off the new Oasis album.

Had another listen to the new Oasis album. U2 fans are gonna love the new Oasis album; heck, anybody with any good musical taste is gonna dig the new Oasis album.

Old 04-13-2005, 05:06 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dn9909

"C'mon Baby Blue/ shake yer eyes up/ the world is waitin for ya." - Actual lyrics (or somethin close to it) from the last song off the new Oasis album.

Had another listen to the new Oasis album. U2 fans are gonna love the new Oasis album; heck, anybody with any good musical taste is gonna dig the new Oasis album.
where are you hearing this new album? i want in!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #34
Refugee

Local Time: 05:04 AM
What are your thoughts on it now dn9909? are we talking "album of the year" material?
Old 04-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 11:04 PM
I think I will be adding Oasis to my concert list this year.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:11 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:04 PM
I'm seeing them in September.
Love those guys.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
http://music.yahoo.com
Old 05-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #38
The Fly

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

Quote:
Originally posted by dn9909

I have a hunch that you're a massive Oasis fan.

As I posted earlier, I wish I can fulfill your unlimited curiosity but I've listened to the album on only two different occasions. As I can remember, there are some "acoustic-based" songs that are standout tracks; these "acoustic-based" songs are much more intricate and more layered than say a Songbird (a dear favorite of mine) off the last album.

In more reflecting, the songs are very varied as mentioned before; the only songs that is remotely like the rock 'n roll songs of Oasis' past are Lyla and the other song with "dream" in the chorus.

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's the song "Stop The Clocks" ; of what I've heard at least.

The last song I heard was quite good, couldn't remember the title of it though.

I couldn't say it better myself.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 01:04 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Pre-order The New Oasis Album Now! It's REALLY GOOD!

That music of the song "Lyla" during verses is pretty much AC/DC at Bon Scott era
Old 05-05-2005, 05:31 PM   #40
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:04 PM
btw, I'm not a Laylo, Lola, or Lyla,

but I'm a Lila.

And no, not a stripper!!

Oh, and I'm on the Oasis site, listening to 'Slide Away' (after Lyla). I haven't heard them in years. (What's The Story) Morning Glory? Is a great album!
Old 05-06-2005, 06:44 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

yep, here is another.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #42
The Fly

The Kings of British rok 'n rol have come back to reclaim their throne as evident in Don't Believe The Truth.

Blind Faith
Latin Percussion? Village Green psychedelia? The Velvets? What's going on? Pat Gilbert on that 'difficult' sixth album.

Oasis

Don't Believe The Truth ****

In the good old days, most musicians had crashed by their mid-thirties and formed a super-group with pop-star mates. This is exactly what Noel & Liam have done , only by stealth. These days, not only do they feature Gem & Andy Bell, but also genetically as near as dammit a Beatle. To those who saw Oasis at Glastonbury 2004, Zak Starkey's recruitment looked a little ill-advised. The drummer - last seen powering The Who - did little to ease the leaden thump that has long mired the group's Big Rock Number live and on record.

Yet something astonishing has happened: Zak's arrival has coincided with Oasis's reinvention as an olde English psychedelic combo, all acoustic guitars, Mellotron, tambourine, jugband stomps, wonky Ringo drums, piano, harmonica and layers of needling electric six-string. OK, some of DBTT seems like business as usual, but much suggests that Oasis have finally discovered what they do best - a kind of scratchy mix of Kinks and Small Faces pop, with a dash of T.Rex and Rubber Soul. To start with, the not-so-good. The weaker songs here are the rockers including opener TUTS and, in parts, new single Lyla. It's not just the songs themselves (accomplished but fairly predictable), but Liam's voice. Thrown into relief by his more subtle performances elsewhere, it grates with that over-familiar "soonshiiine" drawl you've heard a million times. He's more classy and complex on self-penned songs, particularly the frantic, percussion-heavy TMOS and the best song The La's never wrote, LLAB, with it's waltzing acoustic riff, odd chord shifts and undulating harmonies. On LTBL, the momentous, rousing closer sung by both Gallaghers, Liam hasn't sounded so genuinely moved by one of Noel's lyrics since Live Forever & Stand By Me.

The democratic writing policy and beat-combo feel underlines the sense of a real group, far more so than '02's HC. Gem & Noel deserve special praise - Gem for the understated, layered, squirly Taxman guitar that lends much of this record it's atmospheric, Albion-psych feel, and Noel for conjuring some mature, unexpected jewels, namelt the Velvets-inspired MF (he's finally mastered the half-rhyme: "You get your God from a paper bag, and your history from the UJ"), POTQ (percussion by Cuban legend Lenny Castro) and TIOBI, a kind of Kinksy rag, in which Noel's warm falsetto grows a lovely, tawny edge. Magical.

Hardy nay-sayers won't be converted but, in tuning in and turning down, Oasis have produced their best in almost a decade.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #43
Acrobat

you can listen to the whole album now at www.nme.com
Old 05-27-2005, 09:14 AM   #44
War Child

i think that this new record is their best, and most complete album since Definitely Maybe. What's the Story Morning Glory had some classic tunes on it, but Don't Believe The Truth is more complete as a whole...
Old 05-27-2005, 07:19 PM   #45
New Yorker

So is Zak Starkey a full fledged member of the band. Didn't know White left/ got kicked from the band. That is definitely an interesting coup and the drumming is noticeably different (I'm no drummer though so it could all be in mind). IMO the album as a whole is strongest release by the band since Defintely Maybe and I've liked every album they've released. Singles in the vein of Morning Glory or Defintely Maybe... mebbe but probably not.